Lucid Party @ Gravity Reveal-LA AutoShow November, 2023?

Another image. Looking good.

1699892526755.png

Looks like totally different UI setup with horizontal menu buttons that are overlays on top of screen. Also "Home" physical button very first to the left?
Only 3 more days and we should know all the answers.

YEEESSS, this excites me!!! Now it makes sense why the Gravity is late by 1 year. There was significant redesign done.
The retractable center display appears to have been removed.

For those traveling into town, a portion of the 10 fwy is closed due to a massive fire potentially causing structural damage. Unknown when it will reopen. Traffic is a nightmare in the entire downtown LA area.

I guess we’re getting capacitive buttons in the gravity..

Oh f*ck that infotainment is BEAUTIFUL. It makes me sad that we may not get the same amount on the Air, seeing how much wider that bottom panel is. Does make me hopeful that UX 3.0 will be legendary seeing how amazing it looks.

Also, what made you think they were capacitive? To me, they looked raised above that piano black trim piece(hope its real wood polished, not fake plastic)

Those seats too... Dilemma dilemma, do we wait for the Gravity or order our desired Air from inventory before it gets taken? I also don't think the Gravity will look as good as the air, I hope some updates are announced for the air that will make it more gravity-esque.

Notice how the cover over the cup holders is semi-transparent. Almost like glass.
Looks beautiful, reminded me of the Sky lounge of the 7 series except on the console. I do wonder how fragile it will be if it is made of real glass?

Oh f*ck that infotainment is BEAUTIFUL. It makes me sad that we may not get the same amount on the Air, seeing how much wider that bottom panel is. Does make me hopeful that UX 3.0 will be legendary seeing how amazing it looks.

Also, what made you think they were capacitive? To me, they looked raised above that piano black trim piece(hope its real wood polished, not fake plastic)

Those seats too... Dilemma dilemma, do we wait for the Gravity or order our desired Air from inventory before it gets taken? I also don't think the Gravity will look as good as the air, I hope some updates are announced for the air that will make it more gravity-esque.
Ahhh, you're right. I was looking on my phone and didn't see the trim button cut outs below the glass. The light up iconography + glass threw me off.

Agreed that this does look fantastic.

Take a closer look. Seems to me the physical buttons are under the labels. See the slices? The labels are just labels, not the buttons themselves.
Yup, that's what happens when glancing at something and not looking too far in depth.

I do find it interesting that this looks like the pilot screen with menu options akin to a bottom anchored app switcher dock (like Tesla or Apple). Sort of curious if this will translate into a UI refresh on the Air.

Looks like totally different UI setup with horizontal menu buttons that are overlays on top of screen. Also "Home" physical button very first to the left?
Only 3 more days and we should know all the answers.
Mike Bell started with Apple in the Steve Jobs days. He was recruited right before Air launch and I had breakfast with him on 10/30/21 launch day. He said that there were a LOT of things he would have changed but the hardware was already in place. He (& team) work fiendishly to FIX v1.0. v2.0 was a complete re-write. That's historical context to explain that my GUESS is that this software and UI is partly his baby!

Mike Bell started with Apple in the Steve Jobs days. He was recruited right before Air launch and I had breakfast with him on 10/30/21 launch day. He said that there were a LOT of things he would have changed but the hardware was already in place. He (& team) work fiendishly to FIX v1.0. v2.0 was a complete re-write. That's historical context to explain that my GUESS is that this software and UI is partly his baby!
I was just about to say that, actually. UX 2 was mainly focused on removing bugs and not adding new features/doing a complete redesign. This new interface seems very apple esque, and I think it may just beat tesla.

Back