Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

The New update broke my media and Apple car play completely! The music gets paused every 2 -5 seconds .i did a soft reset but the issue persists!
Pleaser be more specific. What media? How does CarPlay “get paused”?

Apple car play doesn’t connect wirelessly. The music keeps pausing itself every 3-5 seconds . I will try another reset and if the issue persists I would take a video for everyone to see .

Apple car play doesn’t connect wirelessly. The music keeps pausing itself every 3-5 seconds . I will try another reset and if the issue persists I would take a video for everyone to see .
Try the solutions in my video.

Similar issue for me since yesterday post the OTA. My CarPlay seems to wirelessly connect but Apple music pauses after a few seconds and then comes back to play mode. I started a separate thread on that but no workaround yet.

I worked at a Dutch Pantry (attached to a Holiday Inn) in Wilmington DE one summer when I was in college (circa 1983). Hope I don't spoil your recollections of this fine establishment, but most of the food was factory made, frozen in big plastic bags. We would drop the bags into a steam table . . . when fully heated, cut them open and drop the contents (ex: Chicken 'n' Dumplings) onto a plate and set it up on the passthrough for the wait staff to take to the dining room. Good stuff ! !
Noooooo!!!! I guess i’m gonna losemy bet that dutch pantry gets a michelin star.

I worked at a Dutch Pantry (attached to a Holiday Inn) in Wilmington DE one summer when I was in college (circa 1983). Hope I don't spoil your recollections of this fine establishment, but most of the food was factory made, frozen in big plastic bags. We would drop the bags into a steam table . . . when fully heated, cut them open and drop the contents (ex: Chicken 'n' Dumplings) onto a plate and set it up on the passthrough for the wait staff to take to the dining room. Good stuff ! !
You: “Hope I don't spoil your recollections of this fine establishment”

Also you: does the equivalent of telling a 4 year old Santa isn’t real 🤣

That’s what I was planning to do next . Thanks Bobby

I have the opposite problem. I’ve never liked CarPlay in anything but rental cars, I don’t really use it in my Lucid, and now, post-update, it WON’T go away! It pops up all the friggin’ time(!), or at least every time I approach the car with my phone in my pocket.

Connects seamlessly and works flawlessly too. Music, phone calls, messages, podcasts, WAZE, everything. Grrr…

I have the opposite problem. I’ve never liked CarPlay in anything but rental cars, I don’t really use it in my Lucid, and now, post-update, it WON’T go away! It pops up all the friggin’ time(!), or at least every time I approach the car with my phone in my pocket.

Connects seamlessly and works flawlessly too. Music, phone calls, messages, podcasts, WAZE, everything. Grrr…
If you don’t want it at all, just disable it from your phone. Super easy. You can still connect it to rental cars and not the Lucid.

Settings > General > CarPlay.

Most noticeable: more stable CarPlay and doors open much quicker on approach. Small but mighty improvements.
Doors still open crappy for me but I still think it's a Pixel thing. CP seems better but I think it's a Kool Aid effect. Car is exactly same for me since last update 🤷🏻

Just remember that “Patience is not passive waiting. Patience is active acceptance of the process required to attain your goals and dreams.” - Ray Davis
Trust the process but the process doesn't trust you...

Zero door opening problems cuz I keep the fob in my pocket. The only CarPlay issue I very rarely have is having to re-select the Lucid in CarPlay from the swipe down menu if I’m not hearing audio. Before this update if I was in a non CarPlay menu and got a notification from CarPlay, usually a text message, my cockpit would go black for a few seconds and then would display, but that seems to have resolved with this OTA. Personally I’m excited about the added features for USB audio they implemented, but I just haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.

uggg. Got update and installed now the enter pin to drive has returned every time passenger door is opened.

go into settings on your Iphone and turn carplay to your car off

Personally I’m excited about the added features for USB audio they implemented, but I just haven’t had a chance to try it out yet.
I like the better song organization and the resume playing from where you left off. Unfortunately, there are some new bugs like intermittent glitches in the audio and static a few second after starting to play that can be stopped by hitting the pause and resume button.

Back