Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

Quick question but 2.2.2 just installed last night, and usually after an update I have gotten into the habit of soft resetting. After this update rapidly tapping the air logo on the about page isn't resetting anymore. Anyone else having this issue? What are other ways to reset?

To those that did the update, did it take 40 mins or longer?

Once it stated, mine was at 0% for almost 5 minutes. Its been 25 mins since it started the update and its been at 5%. This is my first big update. I assume this is normal?
It's normal. Said 5% until it magically was done

Once it stated, mine was at 0% for almost 5 minutes. Its been 25 mins since it started the update and its been at 5%. This is my first big update. I assume this is normal?
Seems about the same as my update. Was thinking it would be over 40 minutes but jumped from 50% to finished pretty close to the 40 minute mark.

Quick question but 2.2.2 just installed last night, and usually after an update I have gotten into the habit of soft resetting. After this update rapidly tapping the air logo on the about page isn't resetting anymore. Anyone else having this issue? What are other ways to reset?
i got ya @Bobby

I’m personally looking forward to complaining about the Lucid mid-size software updates. Like the teleportation function in the car only works on highways not on back roads. So disappointed. I think we should look into class action.
🤣

Yes. Look away!

Very normal. The biggest lie in software is “x minutes remaining.”

Attachments

• IMG_5458.png
    IMG_5458.png
    574.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5459.png
    IMG_5459.png
    374.4 KB · Views: 127
And any sort of progress bar. Goes from 5 to 99 percent in like 1 second, and then stays at 99 for the next 8 hours...
Pro tip: when software devs build these progress views, we’re just making the numbers up for the most part to keep you entertained, and more importantly, to give you an indication that the computer has not frozen mid-update.

The 40-minute estimate is likely based off what the testers were seeing when they updated. So that’s relatively accurate. But the progress bar and percentage during the update is utter nonsense.

Pro tip: when software devs build these progress views, we’re just making the numbers up for the most part to keep you entertained, and more importantly, to give you an indication that the computer has not frozen mid-update.

The 40-minute estimate is likely based off what the testers were seeing when they updated. So that’s relatively accurate. But the progress bar and percentage during the update is utter nonsense.

Well I agree with that sentiment, if you have a lot of unknowns to account for. This is not the case here as Lucid controls the stack end to end and doesn't allow user install of other apps. But I won't hit a gift horse in the mouth. I'm thankful for these updates, and its a total minor nuisance at the end of the day. ;)

To add some context, i'm in the software engineering industry, in the life sciences area, and i've been doing for a loooong time. And my view, when you control your system end to end, it should be possible to be better at the UX. I'll leave it there. I'm looking forward to the incremental improvements over time and my absolute compliments to the software team to continue working at it and not stopping at MVP!

You don't rapidly tap, just press and hold

Well being a fairly new owner, I still get excited to get any OTA even if I have no idea what it does! Just like finally having that new shampoo I ordered on Amazon delivered. :)

Well being a fairly new owner, I still get excited to get any OTA even if I have no idea what it does! Just like finally having that new shampoo I ordered on Amazon delivered. :)
Descriptions of every OTA from the very beginning can be found on www.lucidupdates.com.

The first time I heard this it blew my mind. It was the equivalent to finding out Santa isn't real.

Back