Lucid OTA update 2.2.2

I'm old enough to remember when nav updates required buying a new Thomas Guide...
And Price Club was THE place to get them at the best price!!! Page number and Grid location were listed by some businesses at the time!!!

doesn't look like anything new from the headlines, i guess we'll see...

subbed!
Any update is an improvement….be thankful you don’t have to drop your car off at a dealership for updates….aka Porsche Taycan

Lucid should add blended friction brakes to simulate regen during high states of charge or limited regen scenarios. This way it is pretty seemless to the driver and doesn't require an extra step to apply the brake pedal (unless actually required to give more braking power than normal regen alone would give). Rivian recently added this feature which can be enabled/disabled by the user.

Also going to AAA and asking for maps of your vacation destination
I still do this for new places! It's the tactile nature of it, like opening a new book, smelling the paper, going to a counter and asking a person for something that they have to pull from a slightly dusty bin... OTA updates give a nice quick dopamine hit, and are vastly more practical. But the full sensory experience of analog paper? <chef's kiss>

I still do this for new places! It's the tactile nature of it, like opening a new book, smelling the paper, going to a counter and asking a person for something that they have to pull from a slightly dusty bin... OTA updates give a nice quick dopamine hit, and are vastly more practical. But the full sensory experience of analog paper? <chef's kiss>
Before I graduated to eight track cartridge player in my car I actually had a car record player that would play 45 rpm vinyl records!!

(apologies in advance if I am making some of you feel old... oops. not my intention!)
It's OK. I imagine this thread is starting to feel like you're back sitting at the thanksgiving kids table. 😉

Before I graduated to eight track cartridge player in my car I actually had a car record player that would play 45 rpm vinyl records!!
It's a shame the vinyl revival hasn't expanded to 45's. Imagine rolling up in that car blasting T-Swift on your record player!

Well this OTA thread went off the rails…… 😂

Well this OTA thread went off the rails…… 😂
IMG_7684.gif

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. 😬

Did anyone in the forum received the update. Bob’s site doesn't show any info yet.

I’m really kind of stunned by the reaction of some to this update that no one here has yet received.

First the complaint is not enough updates- So we get one and it’s no good.

Second complaint is the updates are not significant- This one certainly seems significant even if it doesn’t address everything on the wishlist.

Third complaint is that Lucid should concentrate on bug fixes before introducing new features- This update appears to do just that but it’s still no good.

All this before anyone has actually tested it. Somehow damned if you do damned if you don’t doesn’t quite capture the full skepticism here.

So…. Is it a bad thing I had to search that up?
(My parents did use paper maps until 2013, but I was only 4 then. One of life’s biggest challenges is folding those maps correctly, and anybody who succeeds deserves a Nobel prize.)
For the "Olds" in the room, the Reader's Digest had a quote about maps I can't seem to forget: "Road maps give you directions to everything except how to refold the map."
P.S. Yes, I do keep some paper road atlases in my trunk.

I’m really kind of stunned by the reaction of some to this update that no one here has yet received.

Second complaint is the updates are not significant- This one certainly seems significant even if it doesn’t address everything on the wishlist.

Third complaint is that Lucid should concentrate on bug fixes before introducing new features- This update appears to do just that but it’s still no good.

All this before anyone has actually tested it. Somehow damned if you do damned if you don’t doesn’t quite capture the full skepticism here.
Yeah, my sentiment exactly…..update is an update, we should be glad Lucid is not letting the software go old. It’s easy for us armchair CEO’s to criticize Lucid, but to reflect reality, Lucid is doing a fine job!

Totally agree.

However, the majority of owners I have met in the real world don’t even know this site exists. Most don’t even know what software version their car is on. Within this community, on this forum and particularly this thread, everyone is very critical of the software and its pace, quality and quantity. And that’s to be expected I suppose.

Lucid has people listening/reading on this site and a group of folks here that pushes info to them as a summarization of the complaints/issues. Lucid also knows that MOST of us are very happy. Lots of folks on this site don’t comment much about their good experiences.

Again, I agree with the fact that no one should have bought the car with the expectation that ALL of their software wishes will be granted. If you are unhappy, get in your car and just DRIVE it. It is soooo good at that.

Again, I agree with the fact that no one should have bought the car with the expectation that ALL of their software wishes will be granted. If you are unhappy, get in your car and just DRIVE it. It is soooo good at that.
Agree, after thirteen months and 19K miles, I'm still totally happy every time I get behind the wheel. And looking for someplace, any place, to go every day just so that I can drive it.

For the owners on this forum, albeit the number is miniscule in the big picture, their top requests in the surveys in 2 consecutive years have been met with deafening silence from Lucid, so I can see why some may not get excited.

For the owners on this forum, albeit the number is miniscule in the big picture, their top requests in the surveys in 2 consecutive years have been met with deafening silence from Lucid, so I can see why some may not get excited.
Doesn’t mean that they aren’t listening. Or already working on it. A dash cam/sentry mode, for example, would be nice but was never promised in the original purchase agreement with Lucid. Most of what is requested is just mimicking other brands software. That’s not really being innovative.

I did fill out the survey and asked for dash cam/sentry mode myself. I would welcome it. I just don’t get bummed when it doesn’t show up in the release notes.

Back