Lucid New Rear Emblem

FM7

I noticed the Lucid emblem (or rather the LUCID lettering in the rear of the car) is placed differently (not on the light bar) on some of the recent pictures coming out of Saudi.

Is this a new change for 2024 model or just placed differently in the Saudi facility for some unknown reason?

Here's a comparison of what I mean:

F9oRcv3XIAASg-X.jpg

Image_741287.jpg

The European region does not allow lettering covering the brake lights.

Interesting, so those in Saudi were most likely built in Arizona but made for Saudi/European market.
Actually, the AMP2 facility can now assemble knockdown units, there’s a chance this could be a Saudi built car.

I kind of like the European look better.
I prefer the US look but I can understand why you’d like the EMEA look.

But yeah, I confirmed this was because you can’t have anything blocking the lights in EMEA (at least Europe, so I assume it’s easier to just build one version and sell it across EMEA)

I prefer the US look but I can understand why you’d like the EMEA look.

But yeah, I confirmed this was because you can’t have anything blocking the lights in EMEA (at least Europe, so I assume it’s easier to just build one version and sell it across EMEA)
Yes, getting too region specific is something that can add costs. Tesla used to go overboard with that, and perhaps still does in some areas. My 2014 Model S has black seat belt release buttons, which are legal in the US. It's debatable whether anybody but one person I can think of thought that it was a good idea. A case could be made that they look better, but for rear passengers trying to find the buckle in a dimly lit garage or at night, it's a horrible idea.

Mainstream US automakers have a history of making components such as seats that met US standards rather than European standards even if they had a European version. It's harder to make a case that writing on tail lights is a safety concern, especially when the total area without lettering exceeds the size required for tail lights, which might be the case with Lucid. So if Lucid wants to make something for the US that looks nicer and can easily be left off some cars in other countries, I don't see it as overdoing things.

I suppose that if somebody really liked the European look better, aftermarket modifications would be possible.

Yeah, I noticed they did this for the Gravity to avoid the costs of 2 different market-dependent designs, I assume.

I noticed the Lucid emblem (or rather the LUCID lettering in the rear of the car) is placed differently (not on the light bar) on some of the recent pictures coming out of Saudi.

Is this a new change for 2024 model or just placed differently in the Saudi facility for some unknown reason?

Here's a comparison of what I mean:

View attachment 16514

View attachment 16515
I like the car you picked for the US version 😉

Back