Lucid Home charger Order status

Correct. I took delivery on Sept 20th, I knew they did not provide an EVSE. They provide you a coupon code, which you can use to purchase their EVSE options from their store.

I ordered the Lucid Mobile Charging Cable on 9/21. It's now 10/6, and they haven't even shipped my order.

It's little "stupid" things like this which can cost them customers. If you're going to make people use a coupon code from the store, and not making it either be included or available for pick up at time of delivery, you sure better make sure that you can actually fill the orders!

I have another charger from another vehicle, but if I didn't I'd be absolutely livid with Lucid over this, and I'm quite certain they have customers who are.

You can make great vehicles, but if you can't get this stuff right, you're going to fail on as a brand by getting a reputation.
I was fortunate enough to get a car when it came with the car, and before it was even an option in the store. I have equipment that I would have been able to use with an adapter, and I bought an adapter just in case I ever need one on the road, but if I hadn't gotten one with a car, I'd have to rely on public chargers. At least I get free charging, but I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle.

The free charging has a KWh limit to it though, so using that as an excuse to customers isn't a good one (unless they're going to comp you some extra).

Could pretty easily use up 200-300kWh of your 1000 if you have to wait a few weeks for your EVSE to ship.

I never said it was included either way, in fact I said they aren't.

So no point in a semantic argument of what wasn't said in the first place.

The free charging has a KWh limit to it though, so using that as an excuse to customers isn't a good one (unless they're going to comp you some extra).

Could pretty easily use up 200-300kWh of your 1000 if you have to wait a few weeks for your EVSE to ship.
Even if it were unlimited, the depreciation on the car alone from having to drive somewhere to charge could be worth more than the cost of electricity.

But Lucid said that it's included.
Weird - I don't see that on the page you linked, and they were very clear when I ordered that none would be included or available at the service center during delivery. Only from the store after I receive the coupon.

They just didn't bother to mention that the store might not ship it for a few weeks despite said coupon.

Weird - I don't see that on the page you linked, and they were very clear when I ordered that none would be included or available at the service center during delivery. Only from the store after I receive the coupon.

They just didn't bother to mention that the store might not ship it for a few weeks despite said coupon.
There are some questions on the page about how to charge, and expanding one of them says to use the included charging equipment.

Back