Lucid-EA connection failure?

How do you pull the wire down? I’ve pulled it up before to emergent release a Chargepoint connector that got stuck, and I can see how you pull the wire up as that does the release, but how do you pull it down? And also while this seems interesting, I’m just a wee bit skeptical as I can’t seem to charge at the EA location near my house but EVGo near my job works fine 100% of the time. Is it something to do with the EA CCS connectors I wonder being finicky with the Lucid?
It was almost like a yo-yo. I pulled it up and it felt like a little retraction.

I can’t comment that this will work for everyone. But it worked for me. I tried at 5 EA stations across 2 locations and 2 EVGo stations at 1 location and got the exact same error. “Charge start error” or “charge initiation error”. Once I played with the emergency release wire it worked immediately at both the EVGo station and the later at the same EA location without issue.

Dang really? I have never had a problem there
@hydbob after I resolved my issue on the car…went back to Westfield (or…the shops at Santa Anita) and had no problem charging. And I like those newer stations. Although I will say I found one of rhe chargers on the side (the one with 2 vs 4) to charge at 50 kWh so moved to the area with 4 and charged at 147 kWh. Excited now that I have 2 EA locations that work within a few miles from my home

@hydbob after I resolved my issue on the car…went back to Westfield (or…the shops at Santa Anita) and had no problem charging. And I like those newer stations. Although I will say I found one of rhe chargers on the side (the one with 2 vs 4) to charge at 50 kWh so moved to the area with 4 and charged at 147 kWh. Excited now that I have 2 EA locations that work within a few miles from my home
If you want to get hounded with questions charge at the 4 charger section, if not the 2 charger section 😁

Took my BMW IX on road trip as i was concerned about lucid and without 2.0 software the lucid infotainment and ADAS are inferior to BMW systems. EA Charger near home works perfectly for plug and charge. Next EA charger in Maryland plug and charge doesn’t work. Use App and car starts charging but quits after 2 minutes. Switched chargers and plug and play unsuccessful but App works to initiate charge, Subsequent chargers have worked with App initiating charge. Note: i have BMW charging plan connected to the App so free charging works in the App.

Charged in orangeburg NY tonight at a newish EA location to see if the app initiate works. This time it charged with plug and play, but I did get one hitch. It was raining earlier and I got an error message “ you have water in the charge port, no charging, may take several hours to dry” by the time I got out of the car to unplug it imitated charging. I didn’t notice any water when I plugged in although it was misting. I never got that error message before.
In other news I got notified 2.0 the initial 5 min OTA was available , did that when I got home.

I still think that the best system I've seen is when I bought my original Nissan Leaf back in 2019. Nissan had its own "Charging Card" which could be linked simultaneously to whichever of the multiple networks available you chose. Yes, it was a pain to set up because you had to link each network you wanted to the card, but once that was done it worked great - IF I ever found a working CHAdeMO station on any of the networks. When in MA I had multiple network options, drove up, waved or inserted the card, and everything worked well. An extra step with the card is immaterial if it means the charging is dependable. I wish Lucid could convert to a system like that.

Funny enough I just got home with 19% and decided to try and charge at my EA in preparation for next 2.x update, the one that failed in spite of an hour of tries two weeks ago, and first attempt plug and charge at 150kw worked flawlessly and is giving me 173kw, go figure. Maybe 2.0.2 unbroke something or maybe EA fixed something. So confusing, but I’ll take it!
Love you choice of words.. "unbroke something" versus "fixed something". Guess the next question would be was it unbroke intentionally or by accident?

Love you choice of words.. "unbroke something" versus "fixed something". Guess the next question would be was it unbroke intentionally or by accident?
It takes a lot of turd polish to make this EA/Lucid charging struggle shiny!

Makes you wonder what's up? Seems strange that it's an EA issue when you watch multiple other EV's pulling up and charging effortlessly. Looks like EA has a real hard on for Lucid for some reason? Scary feeling to pull up to a charging station and stuck with no other options than a bricked car when it doesn't work...especially watching other EV's coming and going, charging without issue.
Conspiracy theory : Elon has purchased a controlling interest in EA through different "shell" companies and is now jerking Peter's chain..

Makes you wonder what's up? Seems strange that it's an EA issue when you watch multiple other EV's pulling up and charging effortlessly. Looks like EA has a real hard on for Lucid for some reason? Scary feeling to pull up to a charging station and stuck with no other options than a bricked car when it doesn't work...especially watching other EV's coming and going, charging without issue.
Conspiracy theory : Elon has purchased a controlling interest in EA through different "shell" companies and is now jerking Peter's chain..
Yeah or VW group has some sloppy code in there that only other VW group cars accept. I’ve seen Ioniq/Kia have way more trouble with EA than ID4, ETron or Taycan.

Ioniq 5 and mach E charged just fine, and quickly, while I was marooned at EA for two hours. Oddly no curious would-be fans came over to ask me about my new Lucid; could be because of all the plugging, unplugging, moving the car to another stall, trying to control my tone of voice with EA on the phone, and muttering "f--- me" a few times.

Ioniq 5 and mach E charged just fine, and quickly, while I was marooned at EA for two hours. Oddly no curious would-be fans came over to ask me about my new Lucid; could be because of all the plugging, unplugging, moving the car to another stall, trying to control my tone of voice with EA on the phone, and muttering "f--- me" a few times.
That means flog me, right?😁😁

Today I decided to experiment with a local EA station for the first out of garage charge. Plugged in, followed the instructions and low and behold it worked.
It was a 150kw charger but I was only pulling 90kw. The car had a 50% charge when I arrived and I charged it to 80%, I had not preconditioned the battery prior to arriving.
Am I doing something wrong or is pulling just 90wk normal?

Today I decided to experiment with a local EA station for the first out of garage charge. Plugged in, followed the instructions and low and behold it worked.
It was a 150kw charger but I was only pulling 90kw. The car had a 50% charge when I arrived and I charged it to 80%, I had not preconditioned the battery prior to arriving.
Am I doing something wrong or is pulling just 90wk normal?
Depends on your battery temp, ambient temp, load on station, etc. Here's an optimal charge curve right now, subject to change in the future through OTA.

lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison.jpg

Depends on your battery temp, ambient temp, load on station, etc. Here's an optimal charge curve right now, subject to change in the future through OTA.

View attachment 5969
This was such a great test because it showed that you only benefit from a 350kw charger if the car is less than 50% SOC and you’re in a hurry.

This was such a great test because it showed that you only benefit from a 350kw charger if the car is less than 50% SOC and you’re in a hurry.
This is why I think the often down 350 chargers are not worth it. If you are at 10%, the 350 is going to be ~4 minutes faster to 45% 8m vs 12m, from there on they will be the same. You waste more than 4 minutes when the 350 doesn’t work and you have to move to a 150.

Has anyone had a problem getting their Lucid to charge at an EA charger due to Lucid not connecting with EA?

I was at an EA site, and 4 of 4 chargers had charge connection issues so that I got a “charging stopped” message and “charging session failure“ message from the EA chargers. This occurred usually a few seconds into the charging session. I called EA customer service, which reset the chargers remotely and also tried remote starting a charging session but the problem persisted. We tried for about 45 minutes to get one of the chargers to work but no dice. The EA rep noted that the chargers had been in use all day without any difficulty, and they showed a normal operating status. I then tried paying for a charging session with a credit card, but that didn’t work either.

In the meantime, a Rivian pulled up and used one of the chargers that I had tried without any difficulty. After the Rivian’s owner’s kid took lots of pictures of my Lucid, I drove to a nearby Chargepoint site and charged the car without any difficulty.

As 4 of 4 EA chargers didn’t work and the Rivian charged without a problem, I can only guess that the problem is with Lucid’s connection with EA. Has anyone experienced this?
I've had the exact same experience many times between Atlanta and Lake City Florida. Tried rebooting their system, taking control of my Lucid through their app, and even using my credit card to pay, without success. I too saw several other cars charge successfully nearby. My Lucid has been towed twice due to the inability to find the charging station that worked from any vendor. It was towed to the West Palm location for repair where it is now been for 3 weeks.

I've had the exact same experience many times between Atlanta and Lake City Florida. Tried rebooting their system, taking control of my Lucid through their app, and even using my credit card to pay, without success. I too saw several other cars charge successfully nearby. My Lucid has been towed twice due to the inability to find the charging station that worked from any vendor. It was towed to the West Palm location for repair where it is now been for 3 weeks.
I recently charged at a revamped EA station without problems.

I had the same problem two weekends ago at an EA, EVgo, and a Chargepoint station. Charges fine at home though.

Back