Lucid Comfort

I'm also 6'3" and currently driving a SUV. I saw a Lucid briefly in the Oakbrook IL showroom and found it quite hard to enter/exit. No problem once in the car but it took a pretty pronounced duck of the head and shoulders to get in and out.

It might be due in part to how the seat was adjusted before I got in---and maybe my being used to a higher platform.

Take it you've and nom such problem--or adjusted nicely?

Thx
I drive a Highlander Hybrid, top trim, besides the Lucid. No question way easier to get in and out at 6’3. You would expect. But I have adjusted. For me, I wish the steering wheel went a little higher and came out a little farther given all the leg room. But I have adjusted. The seats are wicked comfortable. I think 8 or so ways to adjust. Have not hit my head-yet. Easier to get in than the Porshes at least for me and much more comfortable.

Interestingly, I had my driver seat replaced entirely and now it feels like a new car again!

Interestingly, I had my driver seat replaced entirely and now it feels like a new car again!
Why replace? With a lucid seat or???

Why replace? With a lucid seat or???
Yea they replaced the entire driver seat because the side bolsters were not functioning properly. They said it was the first time this showed up, so they replaced the entire seat and will tear it down to figure out the issue for the future.

Yea they replaced the entire driver seat because the side bolsters were not functioning properly. They said it was the first time this showed up, so they replaced the entire seat and will tear it down to figure out the issue for the future.
Hmm, I guess I should make sure that ALL of the seat settings work. I've only messed with 50-60 of them, so only another 100 or so to go ;).

Hmm, I guess I should make sure that ALL of the seat settings work. I've only messed with 50-60 of them, so only another 100 or so to go ;).
Lucid Air Pure only has 14 way adjustable seats vs 26 way for higher end models. Anyone know what the differences are.

Hopefully not the thigh adjustment as that is critical for my wife.

See, I find this fascinating, because it is so clearly personal preference. After adjusting the seats to my liking, especially the thigh support, I have never sat in a more comfortable car, including my parents’ Lexus and previous Benz’s.

To each their own!

(No idea on the rear seats - I’m not 6’ and never sit in the back ;) )
My prior car was a BMW and I was active on the BMW forums. One of the most active and controversial post comments centered on seats. Some loved the sport seats while others hated the sport seats and loved the multi contour seats. Some were going to sell their new car just because they hated the seats. I am convinced that one MUST sit in a car and drive in it a while to see if the seats and seat position are or can be made comfortable for you.

My prior car was a BMW and I was active on the BMW forums. One of the most active and controversial post comments centered on seats. Some loved the sport seats while others hated the sport seats and loved the multi contour seats. Some were going to sell their new car just because they hated the seats. I am convinced that one MUST sit in a car and drive in it a while to see if the seats and seat position are or can be made comfortable for you.
This is the right answer. It doesn’t matter if has 300 way adjustable seats, it matters that it is comfortable for you.

This is the right answer. It doesn’t matter if has 300 way adjustable seats, it matters that it is comfortable for you.
Agree this is the right answer and we intend to test drive an Air Pure before finalizing order to see if seats are comfortable for both of us.

But from experience, this is much more likely if there is a thigh adjustment. We had a Lexus 430 which had thigh adjustments and it was great for both of us. We now have a VW Atlas for more space and it doesn't have thigh adjustment. The seats are large and my wife can only drive maximum an hour before it really starts to bother her.

I am 6'5" and find the Lucid the most comfortable sedan I have ever driven. Getting in and out is an adjustment, but once seated, it is amazingly comfortable.

Lucid Air Pure only has 14 way adjustable seats vs 26 way for higher end models. Anyone know what the differences are.

Hopefully not the thigh adjustment as that is critical for my wife.
I can't speak to the Pure seats, but the Touring seats have the thigh adjustment. I think the main two that are missing are the headrest and the side bolster adjustments.

Although I agree, how does one do that on a 15-30 minute test drive? Many times it's not until you've driven for a couple of hours that you realize how comfortable or uncomfortable the seats are for you.

Although I agree, how does one do that on a 15-30 minute test drive? Many times it's not until you've driven for a couple of hours that you realize how comfortable or uncomfortable the seats are for you.
You are buying a six digit car. If you need more than 15-30 minutes, take it!

True of any car.

I loved the seats in my 2013 Ford Expedition. They had several adjustments and were very comfortable even on long trips. Then I got my trusty Navigator with 32 way adjustable seats and it took weeks to finally get everything adjusted and I am still not convinced that they are as comfortable as the Expedition.

So, as it's said: "be careful what you wish for". ;)

You are buying a six digit car. If you need more than 15-30 minutes, take it!
We're not even allowed to get on a highway here on L.I. despite the LIE being 600' away from where you start a test drive. Good luck with getting them to give you the car for a few hours. I'm still working on them coming to my area to check out speed humps and my 2 car garage for fit.

We're not even allowed to get on a highway here on L.I. despite the LIE being 600' away from where you start a test drive. Good luck with getting them to give you the car for a few hours. I'm still working on them coming to my area to check out speed humps and my 2 car garage for fit.
I haven’t had any issues over any speed hump in my GT, haven’t scraped once.
As far as the 2 car garage, mine fits in a standard garage next to my fiancés ‘06 accord. If you have dimensions of yours I can compare to mine 🤷‍♂️

Since you can reserve test drives over the phone, have your spouse, kids, friends and relatives all make reservations so you block out 2 hours. ;) Yeah, I've been to dealerships where they won't let you take the car on the freeway and their predefined test drive loop is ridiculously short while others are really liberal. Apparently, Lucid studios have differing test drive scenarios. San Diego was pretty open to longer drives as long as there weren't other people signed up. Don't know the situation now.

Back