• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lucid Comfort

Florida has the third most COVID-19 deaths and cases in the nation, with more than 3.6 million cases and more than 59,000 deaths since February 2020. When adjusted for population, Florida’s COVID-19 death rate also ranks 10th among the 50 states, with 278 deaths per 100,000 people.

Of course you're conveniently leaving out that both NY & NJ, with stricter regulations AND lockdowns, fared worse...despite Florida's more elderly population. Too much BS out there and too many people buy into it. Again, I'm a firm believer in states right and I sincerely hope we don't move away from that. It's one of the things that makes this country great.

OK, so in looking at your data, Florida fared better than NY or NJ, both with stricter regulations and Florida with an older population. So to simply say states with tougher rules fared better is not accurate. The John Hopkins study is another data point that makes my point.

Sure, you must accurately know the vector of viral transmission. Were the older population in Florida being exposed similarly to population in NYC? I'm sure high rise apartment buildings significantly contributed to transmission.

To change the subject, I'm on my way to take a look at the Kia EV6. It's gotten a lot of press, and although I have no real interest in it, I am curious. :)

Sure, you must accurately know the vector of viral transmission. Were the older population in Florida being exposed similarly to population in NYC?
Again, I'll go by the experts at John Hopkins who in looking at all the data, said we need to do things very differently next time. The lockdowns just didn't work. We can either follow the science or just follow it when it suits us (like some of our politicians). ;)

OK, so in looking at your data, Florida fared better than NY or NJ, both with stricter regulations and Florida with an older population. So to simply say states with tougher rules fared better is not accurate. The John Hopkins study is another data point that makes my point.

The Johns Hopkins study you’re quoting is a preprint meta analysis written by economists from the JHU school of arts and sciences, not the well respected coronavirus resource center at the JHU medical school, and there were serious issues with the analysis.

Or if you’d rather read a summary: https://nationalpost.com/health/joh...le-to-prevent-covid-deaths-flawed-critics-say

Of course you're conveniently leaving out that both NY & NJ, with stricter regulations AND lockdowns, fared worse...despite Florida's more elderly population. Too much BS out there and too many people buy into it. Again, I'm a firm believer in states right and I sincerely hope we don't move away from that. It's one of the things that makes this country great.

Also, just because a location had stricter regulations doesn't mean people followed them.

To change the subject, I'm on my way to take a look at the Kia EV6. It's gotten a lot of press, and although I have no real interest in it, I am curious. :)

Test drove or just look?

The Johns Hopkins study you’re quoting is a preprint meta analysis written by economists from the JHU school of arts and sciences, not the well respected coronavirus resource center at the JHU medical school, and there were serious issues with the analysis.

Or if you’d rather read a summary: https://nationalpost.com/health/joh...le-to-prevent-covid-deaths-flawed-critics-say
The JH study is not the only one. There is research from the UK and Israel that tells a similar story. For every study you can find someone that refutes it. And for every story that refutes it, you'll find another that refutes that. Believe what you wish.

The JH study is not the only one. There is research from the UK and Israel that tells a similar story. For every study you can find someone that refutes it. And for every story that refutes it, you'll find another that refutes that. Believe what you wish.

That’s why I follow the science and data, not any random paper written by folks who have an axe to grind. Data doesn’t lie, but interpretations of data can.

Anyway, back on topic.

That’s why I follow the science and data, not any random paper written by folks who have an axe to grind. Data doesn’t lie, but interpretations of data can.

Anyway, back on topic.
But data can be poor, corrupt or slanted just as the interpretation of that data can be. It never ends my friend, it never ends.

But data can be poor, corrupt or slanted just as the interpretation of that data can be. It never ends my friend, it never ends.

As stated previously, science changes as data changes. Hence *following* the science and data, rather than digging your heels in because of the human need to form an opinion for comfort.

Good subject change. i have a friend who is considering an EV, but doesn’t want to pay a lot of money for a new car. I have pointed him to both the Kia and the Hyundai Ioniq to look at.

As stated previously, science changes as data changes. Hence *following* the science and data, rather than digging your heels in because of the human need to form an opinion for comfort.

Last comment, I can statistically prove popsicles cause drowning.

My wife will need an EV but doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg either.

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours

Albert Hammond, 1972
I haven't seen your face in a year
I can't wait till I get there
Just to kiss and squeeze and hug
Girl you know the rest 'cause they tell me

It never rains in southern California

Maybe I'll take the flight out tonight
And you can pick me up about 8
I don't know what airline girl
But I know it won't be late 'cause they tell me

It never rains in southern California...

Tony, Toni, Tone 1990.

:D

I haven't seen your face in a year
I can't wait till I get there
Just to kiss and squeeze and hug
Girl you know the rest 'cause they tell me

Maybe I'll take the flight out tonight
And you can pick me up about 8
I don't know what airline girl
But I know it won't be late 'cause they tell me

It never rains in southern California...

Tony, Toni, Tone 1990.

:D

The song's just not the same without sideburns, a perm, and a leisure suit.

Yeah, it's just when the science changes 'conveniently'. ;)

Good subject change. i have a friend who is considering an EV, but doesn’t want to pay a lot of money for a new car. I have pointed him to both the Kia and the Hyundai Ioniq to look at.
So I just got back from seeing the Kia EV6. It's actually more impressive than I thought it would be. Very well assembled, all panel gaps were consistent and narrow and the interior was really quite nice with very comfortable seats.

When the sales guy saw my e-Tron he said, "You really like electric cars?". It was quite obvious he didn't and he admitted he really hadn't given them a chance. They had 3 EV6s and he only drove one from one side of their lot to the other. I told him these cars need to be sold not on the environmental aspect, but rather that they're simply fun to drive. At least they were selling at MSRP despite the nearly $8,000 'protection package'. He acknowledge it was essentially a dealer markup but could be eliminated if so desired.

The car has virtually all of the tech features you expect to find in a modern EV. Very impressive for the money ($57,000). I declined a test drive saying maybe I'd come back with my wife. I might out of curiosity.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.jpeg
    IMG_2775.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2777.jpeg
    IMG_2777.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 144
Back