Lucid Charger

My DA said the same thing: soon (Q3) and $1200. One wrinkle may be that you need to express an interest to your DA. I got the impression that Lucid is creating a waitlist for the charger, and that the chargers will arrive in batches. So, if you want one, let Lucid know.
I was told by someone is a showroom that they will be sold on the web site.

I’m still wondering when this will happen and the cost for the V2H setup..
I’d anticipate it would be similar to the F-150 setup. Tom Moloughney just got his and is gonna post a video of all the details of it and V2H charging soon. The F150 V2H box is HUGE, I was surprised. The glimpse you get of the Lucid one in the tech talk videos appears more manageable in size.

I’d anticipate it would be similar to the F-150 setup. Tom Moloughney just got his and is gonna post a video of all the details of it and V2H charging soon. The F150 V2H box is HUGE, I was surprised. The glimpse you get of the Lucid one in the tech talk videos appears more manageable in size.
It should be less because the f150 doesn't have the Wunderbox to convert DC to AC before feeding back. The Ford installation requires a separate inverter to do that.

It should be less because the f150 doesn't have the Wunderbox to convert DC to AC before feeding back. The Ford installation requires a separate inverter to do that.
This is why I love this forum, knew somebody would know more about it than I do.

As per EA Homepoint landing page: "
  • Electrify America App
    Sync charging information from home and public stations to one account."

Is the above not applicable for Lucid since the 'free' EA charging comes under Lucid? And Lucid tracks that data? Meaning EA will hand it off to Lucid & possibly EA & Lucid account credentials are different?
I have the EA home charger and can confirm the public charging for Lucid is not done with the EA app. I have asked and there is currently no way for the apps to share data. Also, when charging with public chargers, close out of the Lucid mobile app and initiate charging from the pilot panel, then launch the Lucid app to track after charging starts. Far fewer authentication errors.

I saw a prototype or mockup of the Lucid charging adapter at the Westfield Valley Fair sales office. It wasn't beautiful, a little brutish looking compared to our Chargepoint Home Flex and Tesla Gen 2 HPWC. Not getting the green horseshoe - is this Lucid's logo
It’s made by another company. I saw the link somewhere (perhaps Reddit) about a month ago, to the charger manufacturers website. They make this unit in white without the LUCID text (but with the lighted horseshoe). Manufacturer was not a name I recognized.

It’s made by another company. I saw the link somewhere (perhaps Reddit) about a month ago, to the charger manufacturers website. They make this unit in white without the LUCID text (but with the lighted horseshoe). Manufacturer was not a name I recognized.
That's interesting and makes sense. I think I'd have paid a little more and changed the horseshoe to something more in tune with the brand.

My interpretation or definition of “soon“ and “real soon” has been skewed by Lucid and would prefer just being told, ‘I have no clue”.

That's interesting and makes sense. I think I'd have paid a little more and changed the horseshoe to something more in tune with the brand.
You can just take a Magic Marker and write “Lucid” on the unit. 😇
No one besides me ever goes into my garage so no one will know the difference….

A few weeks ago, I had someone come out and put in a 50amp NEMA 14-50 with a 40amp draw. Because I live in a townhome, the main panel is shared with other so this was the best I could do for my sub-panel.

You can just take a Magic Marker and write “Lucid” on the unit. 😇
No one besides me ever goes into my garage so no one will know the difference….
1658114190121.png

Print this and tape it to a generic charger... :rolleyes: :cool:

Lucid's charger already says "Lucid", in glowing letters no less. I just don't care for the horseshoe - where did that come from?

The charger is made by the old “Twenty Mule Team Borax”company….
It'd be perfect for pumping horse energy into a 1900's horseless carriage EV. :)
Could the horseshoe symbol be a capital Omega?

Public Service Announcement: If you are contracting with an electrician to install a 14-50 or hardwired charging station, ask them to quote on installing whole-house surge protection at the same time. It'll probably be a few hundred dollars additional and IMO well worth it for peace of mind. Some surge protectors plug into the panel like a circuit breaker. Others are a stand-alone metal box that is placed in the panel and wired in. It'll protect your TV. computers, etc and possibly your EV during transients from grid issues/power failure/lightning.

I asked my DA today if there was a waiting list for the home charger that I could put my name on. He said there isn't a wait list.

Public Service Announcement: If you are contracting with an electrician to install a 14-50 or hardwired charging station, ask them to quote on installing whole-house surge protection at the same time. It'll probably be a few hundred dollars additional and IMO well worth it for peace of mind. Some surge protectors plug into the panel like a circuit breaker. Others are a stand-alone metal box that is placed in the panel and wired in. It'll protect your TV. computers, etc and possibly your EV during transients from grid issues/power failure/lightning.
Why didn’t you tell me this a month ago?! Lol

Back