Lucid Charger

As per EA Homepoint landing page: "
  • Electrify America App
    Sync charging information from home and public stations to one account."

Is the above not applicable for Lucid since the 'free' EA charging comes under Lucid? And Lucid tracks that data? Meaning EA will hand it off to Lucid & possibly EA & Lucid account credentials are different?
Correct, the free EA charging is all handled through Lucid and not EA. I assume that this will continue after the free charging due the plug and charge being available on the Lucid.

You will be able to access this in your Lucid app though.
Screenshot_20220711-073255_Lucid.jpg

You will be able to access this in your Lucid app though.View attachment 3391
And this doest not show up on your EA app? Assuming you have an account there as well? And with the same login creds?
I find it odd, that if the handoff happens from EA > Lucid and the login creds (email id validation atleast) are the same, why not share the data? This will make it useful to tie it under one app

Oh well.

And this doest not show up on your EA app? Assuming you have an account there as well? And with the same login creds?
I find it odd, that if the handoff happens from EA > Lucid and the login creds (email id validation atleast) are the same, why not share the data? This will make it useful to tie it under one app

Oh well.
It may change in the future, but because plug and charge does whatever handshaking through the car, that all the billing is handled by Lucid. Even if you can get the car to start charging on plug and charge and a billing screen pops up at the charger, you still need to initiate that charge through the Lucid app for it to be free.

As per EA Homepoint landing page: "
  • Electrify America App
    Sync charging information from home and public stations to one account."

Is the above not applicable for Lucid since the 'free' EA charging comes under Lucid? And Lucid tracks that data? Meaning EA will hand it off to Lucid & possibly EA & Lucid account credentials are different?
Yes. EA app does not ‘see‘ the charging for the Air under the free charging. But you can see it in the Lucid app.

Ok. IN that case, I can use another home product . Juicepoint, etc ...
Yes. The ChargePoint Flex can deliver up to 50 amps if hardwired on the right circuit amperage.I like it. Works well for our needs.

Might be better to hardwire a Chargepoint Home flex and charge at 48 or 50 amps instead of a 14-50 plug and only get 40. Sometimes it makes a difference.
I hardwired my ChargePoint charger to a 60A breaker and I do get a little faster charging than I did with the NEMA 14-50 plug. When you hardwire, you tell the charger how many amps the breaker is and it charges accordingly.

I hardwired my ChargePoint charger to a 60A breaker and I do get a little faster charging than I did with the NEMA 14-50 plug. When you hardwire, you tell the charger how many amps the breaker is and it charges accordingly.
And the current national electric code (not yet adopted by all localities) requires GFCI on all outlets of any kind in the garage. GFCI does not play well with home charging stations. Lack of GFCI on a garage, laundry, kitchen, or bath outlet can be unsafe. So hardwiring is better from a practical perspective. You'll have your EV for a while (for us no no more gas cars at all), might as well do it right.

PSA: If you are looking to get the EA Homepoint Charger, it is $70/- off @ Amazon, bringing the price down $580/-
WA state utilities (some of them ... atleast mine) has a $500/- incentive, making this charger $80/-

PSA: If you are looking to get the EA Homepoint Charger, it is $70/- off @ Amazon, bringing the price down $580/-
WA state utilities (some of them ... atleast mine) has a $500/- incentive, making this charger $80/-
Can’t beat that!

I was told in person by a studio advisor last week that the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station would be available “really soon” in Q3 for $1200.

I’ve heard the $1200 several times. As for Q3, they have 80 days left.

The studio advisor seemed pretty convinced it would be this year. But on this forum I think we know better! 🙂
Service guys said Q3 also.

You will need Lucid’s charger for bi-directional charging. If you are buying one to hold you over, make sure to have the electrician put the wiring in necessary for the Lucid charger. It is an 80 amp charger requiring a 100 amp dedicated service. And when future details come out on transfer switches etc, you’ll need those.
I assume that transfer switch tech exists for power walls and Generac type generators. No?

I assume that transfer switch tech exists for power walls and Generac type generators. No?
Right but it would need to coordinate with the car - to tell the car to begin inverting battery power.

I was told the same thing by my SA
My DA said the same thing: soon (Q3) and $1200. One wrinkle may be that you need to express an interest to your DA. I got the impression that Lucid is creating a waitlist for the charger, and that the chargers will arrive in batches. So, if you want one, let Lucid know.

Back