Lucid Air Touring or Tesla Model S LR

Modernspare might make one eventually.

I bet one of the ones they make fits already.
Fitting is one thing.
Compatible is another.
Does the Lucid warranty voids if one uses any other brand? Don't know.

Also be aware that these tires are relatively new in the USA and may not be readily available when you need one.
But some slightly comforting news: Lucid has access to these Pirelli tires and the service is FANTASTIC. I had the “bulge” appear in the front left 21” Pirelli tire of my DE after 450 miles.(see photo). Lucid swept in with a device technician coming to my home and replacing the Pirelli, at no charge. He said this has been happening and it’s a possible defect in the tire. Lucid is sending them back to Pirelli for warranty claims - i.e., doing it for us.

Complicated a bit by the staggered tire sizes on the 20" and 21" wheels.
Spare wheel is in the garage. Just received a wheel cover. Will plan to carry it in the trunk on long trip. I wish they start selling the carrier!
I also plan to have a spare of some sort. If the trunk can accommodate a full size, I may just get one.
Years ago, had a blowout around Blythe, 200 miles from home, on a Superbowl Sunday afternoon, no less. Since that experience, I almost always have a full size spare in any car for long trip. My garage looks like a Discount Tire storage room.😩

I also plan to have a spare of some sort. If the trunk can accommodate a full size, I may just get one.
Years ago, had a blowout around Blythe, 200 miles from home, on a Superbowl Sunday afternoon, no less. Since that experience, I almost always have a full size spare in any car for long trip. My garage looks like a Discount Tire storage room.😩

Where there is no full spare wheel, it is wise to buy a spare wheel for long trips especially for a EV.

I

I typically get a wheel from Discount Tire and mount a full size tire, making it a spare.
I believe it is wise to to get a matching original wheel with the mating tire as a spare.

A different brand with a different tire may not work if you are traveling cross country. Sometimes the original warranty may be voided, which I am not very sure.

The local Discount Tires guys assured me that the wheels they sold fit the bolt patterns, etc . I'd need to use a different set of lugs, though. Tires are of the same dimensions and speed rating.
I agree that if it's perfect to use the original wheel, but I figure if cars can run on the mini spares, a corresponding full-size wheel would be ok for temporary use.

The local Discount Tires guys assured me that the wheels they sold fit the bolt patterns, etc . I'd need to use a different set of lugs, though. Tires are of the same dimensions and speed rating.
I agree that if it's perfect to use the original wheel, but I figure if cars can run on the mini spares, a corresponding full-size wheel would be ok for temporary use.
Your plan could be ideal for local and short travel. Especially AWD requires matching wheel I believe.

Yep, only for emergency use, until I can safely get to a tire repair facility. Hopefully, this scheme of mine is mechanically sound.
As long as we're on this subject, one thing I've observed is in my annual checkup of the doughnut spares in our vehicles, with the exception of MB, invariably they always fall below the 60 psi. Maybe I should do this more often, but I'm too busy/lazy.
Another thing is, at least in the past, I was told that cars would be loaded onto delivery trucks with intentionally under-inflated tires (maybe for height clearance purposes?)
With TMS now, new owners probably would have to worry less about this, and I surely hope Lucid prep team would check the tire pressure before delivery.
A

Lucid Prep prior to delivery of each of their vehicle is well tested individually as well as by tested by computers.

If you get a chance to visit the assembly line in Casa Grande, one certainly should. It is amazing!

Lucid Prep prior to delivery of each of their vehicle is well tested individually as well as by tested by computers.

If you get a chance to visit the assembly line in Casa Grande, one certainly should. It is amazing!
Planning to since it’s not too far from where we’re.
In fact, I think Lucid should have an Az pickup tour, similar to what the European manufacturers used to offer.

It has been said that full size spare will not fit in the frunk. When a compact spare becomes available from sources such as Modern Spare, might it fit in that frunk??

Comments from current owners!

Hi , sorry for my delayed response, it’s been an insane week and your new car required some research. Ok, I am going to give you lots of info on your super cool new Lucid with two sizes of 21” wheels. I want you to open all the screenshot attachments as you have choices on spare sizes from us. Having 2 different tire sizes makes it slightly more complicated. We match our wheel and tire to the diameter of your factory tire in order to get an appropriate size for a 2022 vehicle that has very sensitive electronics to any variances in tire sizes.

I recommend our 20” x 5” alloy spare with our Toyo tire size 195/55R20. See the screenshots, the (716) is an almost perfect match in diameter and the front tire(712)is a 3.3% variance, which the OEMs tell us to stay at 5% and below. This is a Toyo tire with a 15,000 mile warranty, is 28.4” in diameter by 7.7” wide.

Choice number 2 #715 rear variance comparison is with our 145/60R20 compact spare, it is less wide than the 195 is 4.9% variance. Screenshot 717 with your front tire is an almost perfect match.

Either way, you have a choice, both are $389 plus shipping and both are in stock, we have a 10 100% money back guarantee. Please let me know your questions and thanks for letting me know this car is now on the market.

GINNY NYE
PRESIDENT
EZ SPARE WHEEL LLC
Cell (404) 277-8160 Office (800) 941-9302
[email protected]
www.ezsparewheel.com

You received a new message from your online store's contact form.
First Name:
Last Name:
Vehicle Info:

2022 Lucid
Email:

Phone:
Body:

Waiting for my delivery of a Lucid Air. Tire sizes 245/35/21 and 265/35/21, No spare provided. 5250lbs
Would love to have a spare option from you guys, but you might have to call the manufacturer. Many of the owners of this new car are looking for a spare option.

1648939951131.png
1648939951198.png
1648939951266.png
1648939951329.png

Yea, saw that. I think I got it scrubbed.

I got one of these for my ‘73 Mustang and i got the jack kit and it came with a bag. The bag is big enough to fit the full size tire you are replacing so nothing gets dirty. Having the President of the Company respond to email was nice and I am pretty sure she called Lucid to get the details she needed. Each of the tires is rated at 2000+ lbs so it should be good for short time/distances.

It has been said that full size spare will not fit in the frunk. When a compact spare becomes available from sources such as Modern Spare, might it fit in that frunk??

Comments from current owners!
One thing every one need to know that Lucid tires are not repairable.

A flat tire needs to be replaced with a new tire.

So any other spare tire for temporary use till you hit a repair shop, you actually need to contact the Lucid service for replacement, in addition to having your own non matching spare.

However the Lucid Service Centers are far and in between. If it is 200-500 miles away from your spot, you may have to waste at least a day of break of travel, when you are on a cross country tour.

In my opinion it is smart to carry a original wheel with you than muck around with substitutes which may end up costing more money and time.

Last edited:
One thing every one need to know that Lucid tires are not repairable.
??? I haven't heard of a tire that isn't repairable, if the screw/whatever is in the tread are rather than the sidewall.

For DeaneG:

I thought the same thing. Lucid tire has 3cm foam inside the tire and the Lucid Service told me that the tires need replacement and cannot be repaired.

I will post a picture of inside the tire soon.

Back