Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
aka Bambi versus Godzilla

Attachments

• IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
Some 200-250 mile EVs are perfect for the city, not the best for long trips. Different strengths. But the Kona is a pretty old platform.

Yeah that’s why I’m considering the Volvo EX30 for my wife when it comes out. But I think it all just hilights how most automakers, even with newer offerings than the Kona, can’t seem to figure out how to do what Lucid has already done with range, space, charging speed, and power. Of course the Lucid is 3-6x the price depending on the trim, but I think it’s worth it.

EV6 is a nice offering from Hyundai. 361 EPA miles for the SE Long Range at $45k. Test drove one the other day to consider as a car to rent out. It is not a Lucid by any means, but I would take it any day over my Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid.

The longer ranges are slowly creeping into achievable range for those with less means.

I test drove the Ioniq5 a few months ago, just before the 6 came out. It's not a bad car, unless you're comparing it to the Lucid. I was surprised how little space it has, considering it is a SUV, but it has a lot of nice features built in.

Realized I mixed two brands... EV6 is Kia, practically the same car as the Ioniq 5. Both cars are grounded, handle well, and have better range than most for that size. No drunks, limited rear cargo (eg. second stowaway), and interesting choices with the start button. Otherwise, solid and comparable to their gasoline counterparts, maybe more legroom in the back at a glance.

What I meant was the Ioniq 6. I liked the handling on it. Much, much nicer and roomier than the Model 3 (market target). More legroom in the back, but it doesn't have any of the extra storage space one would hope in an EV.

Realized I mixed two brands... EV6 is Kia, practically the same car as the Ioniq 5. Both cars are grounded, handle well, and have better range than most for that size. No drunks, limited rear cargo (eg. second stowaway), and interesting choices with the start button. Otherwise, solid and comparable to their gasoline counterparts, maybe more legroom in the back at a glance.

What I meant was the Ioniq 6. I liked the handling on it. Much, much nicer and roomier than the Model 3 (market target). More legroom in the back, but it doesn't have any of the extra storage space one would hope in an EV.
Yeah pictures of the Ioniq 6 are downright ugly…but in person it’s actually a not-bad interesting looking car that seems to have some clever things going on. I’d pick it over a Model 3 10 times out of 10. I’d probably pick a Model 3 over the Kona though.

Back