Lucid Achieves Record-Breaking 5 Miles Per kWh Efficiency

Seriously. This will not be tolerated.

The thread is about Lucid announcing they managed 5 mi/kWh on the RWD Pure. There honestly isn't much else to discuss until someone independently confirms this claim, but let's keep the thread to that topic.
So, let's focus on how this 5 mi/kWh was accomplished and under what driving conditions. Without those context, it is just a claim.

So, let's focus on how this 5 mi/kWh was accomplished and under what driving conditions. Without those context, it is just a claim.
He said it once, and he said it again now. STOP. Please. We have no idea what driving conditions this was achieved in and how it was achieved. That is it, for now, and we will leave the matter at that. This is all we know.

Exactly. Unless Lucid cares to elaborate, we can only speculate. And that's oh, so useless.

I'm sure some YouTuber will get ahold of a Pure at some point and attempt to achieve this. Or Lucid will show their math. If neither happens, there's nothing really to talk about here.

Exactly. Unless Lucid cares to elaborate, we can only speculate. And that's oh, so useless.

I'm sure some YouTuber will get ahold of a Pure at some point and attempt to achieve this. Or Lucid will show their math. If neither happens, there's nothing really to talk about here.
Well, I would assume he was talking about the Air refresh (and the timelines he gave match up to this). Therefore, I dont believe he was saying that the current Pure RWD achieved 5 mi/kwh.

Fair, no need to idly speculate. Best is if Lucid educate us how it milestone was accomplished and the limitations and tradeoffs.

Well, I would assume he was talking about the Air refresh (and the timelines he gave match up to this). Therefore, I dont believe he was saying that the current Pure RWD achieved 5 mi/kwh.
Good point. He is likely talking about a future model year of the Pure. I missed that in the exchange.

When Gravity was announced, Peter gave a speech at the LA Auto show, where he said he was convinced they could top the estimated 440+ miles of range. Which is why they added the "plus" to it. My guess is any efficiency improvements they've made to the Gravity motors since could be ported into the Air, thus improving range on the entire Air line. Once they actually ship those improvements.

They likely tested that recently in house and found they managed to hit it on the Pure.

5 mi/kWr is a particular milestone Peter has been chasing for years. It's the key to the mid-size price point. It doesn't surprise me they'd be proud of it and want to tell the world. But they will have to demonstrate it on a shipping car in order for it to be validated. Not sure if that will be model year 2025 or 2026, but it will happen.

Meanwhile, as you noted, it's important to remember Lucid is not claiming the current Pure can do 5.0 mi/kWh.

Is calling your forum members who question the methodology "hooligans" breaking the rule?
Not in my head! Because some of them definitely are 😈

Is calling your forum members who question the methodology "hooligans" breaking the rule?
Suggesting people not drive like hooligans was very clearly a joke; I drive like a hooligan sometimes, as do many people on this board. We allow humor here, in good faith.

There are no mountains in these mole hills.

Not in my head! Because some of them definitely are 😈

Suggesting people not drive like hooligans was very clearly a joke; I drive like a hooligan sometimes, as do many people on this board. We allow humor here, in good faith.

There are no mountains in these mole hills.
I understand humor. But, as a moderator, deleting a member posting and calling some members "hooligans" seems a bit rich to me.

As for hooligans, I guess it takes one to know one, right?! (joke!)

I understand humor. But, as a moderator, deleting a member posting and calling some members "hooligans" seems a bit rich to me.
You’ll note @hydbob’s posts were also removed. Again, no molehill to make a mountain out of here.

People aren’t perfect.

As for hooligans, I guess it takes one to know one, right?! (joke!)
Go back to my earlier post on this thread, where I clearly stated that hikacking this thread into yet another argument over EPA "will not be tolerated."

It was not tolerated. That included posts by another moderator, who was all to happy to have his posts removed.

Hooligans had nothing to do with it.

Back