Lucid Achieves Record-Breaking 5 Miles Per kWh Efficiency

Hi - somewhat mea culpa- drove the 55 mph speed limit today on the Merritt Parkway like a grandma on Highway Assist and achieved 4.1 miles per KWH going to work from Darien CT to Milford CT (30 miles) which has never happened. So apparently it can happen. But I will say I may as well have had my hazard lights on - I was by far the slowest car on the road. Tomorrow I will try 'normal' driving - 65 -70 mph, not 55mph and report back.
When I grew up in Connecticut in the 1950s there was a minimum and maximum speed limit on the Merit/Wilbur Cross Parkway. Believe it or not...state cops actually enforced the minimum limit as well! But back then, cars were not very solidly built and would probably fall apart if driven at current speeds. My used Mercedes Benz 190D had an "official" 0-60 time of 26 seconds (purchased with 240K miles on it).

BTW...I do recall that Rosalind Russell was not very fond of your town! 😁

How??? 3.3 is the average I get, even with 20" wheels. 4 m/kwh would be a dream. 5 - ??? How??
It's not the wheel size, it's more the tire type that is on them. 20" wheels carry sticky summer tires. My lifetime avg is 3.6 on 19" wheels with efficient, but not very grippy, tires. Much of that is at 75mph on long trips.

Electrek thinks it's the RWD Pure too. As a prospective owner (who got nervous about the tax rebate and ended up going EV6 last time) this is definitely increasing my interest in the upcoming midsized car!

Hope the Gravity launch goes well so Lucid can focus R&D on the third car

It's a product called "Driving at the speed limit" which gets you 4 mi/kwh. Try it someday, its free!
I just drove 145 miles at 65-70 in my Touring on 21's and averaged 3.9 mi/kwh. I was geeked! 😂 😂

Back