5.0 miles/kWh: Say Hello to the World's Most Efficient Car

Sweet keeping making upgrades so I can buy my pure for 40k at the end of my 18 month lease. Hehe.
You’re assuming lucid is going to fire sale the leases at the end of the 18 month lease? I feel like they’ll try to take them back and sell CPO cars or something

You’re assuming lucid is going to fire sale the leases at the end of the 18 month lease? I feel like they’ll try to take them back and sell CPO cars or something
Yea and I just read another post on lease returns. Seems BofA owns the cars and lucid pays half any delta between residual and market (if I read correctly). If that’s true, BofA will auction the cars rather than offer lease buyout deals. We will see I guess!

Yes, averaging <24mph.

For context, Usain Bolt's top speed is 27.8 mph.
I actually find this record enlightening, as it shows the level of dominance the Lucid has. Let’s use some statistics to prove that:

The Mach E here got 6.25 mi/kwh, and is in the same bracket as the upcoming Midsize SUV. This midsize will achieve at least 6 mi/kwh based on what we’ve heard… but that figure is EPA range!

When you frame it like this, it’s almost embarrassing that the Mach E did so “badly” at 20-something MPH. The midsize will almost certainly demolish the competition in terms of efficiency!

I actually find this record enlightening, as it shows the level of dominance the Lucid has. Let’s use some statistics to prove that:

The Mach E here got 6.25 mi/kwh, and is in the same bracket as the upcoming Midsize SUV. This midsize will achieve at least 6 mi/kwh based on what we’ve heard… but that figure is EPA range!

When you frame it like this, it’s almost embarrassing that the Mach E did so “badly” at 20-something MPH. The midsize will almost certainly demolish the competition in terms of efficiency!
Are you using an unreleased, non-existent 2-3year out product as a statistic to prove Lucid’s dominance? Just use the products that are already available!

I do wonder how an Air would do at some similar speed. I imagine the aero advantage that lucid has would disappear at lower speeds. The Air is really optimized for ~65mph

Are you using an unreleased, non-existent 2-3year out product as a statistic to prove Lucid’s dominance? Just use the products that are already available!

I do wonder how an Air would do at some similar speed. I imagine the aero advantage that lucid has would disappear at lower speeds. The Air is really optimized for ~65mph
I dare you to try it and report back. No stopping!

Product does exist, in developement.

I’ve done some (as controlled as possible) range tests before, but @hydbob always says it’s just anecdotal, so no, I won’t waste my time 😂
@momo3605 is probably correct. The Mach E has ~50% higher drag coefficient than the Air. In addition, at lower speeds and longer drive time to test the range, other baseline energy consumptions (lights, instruments, AC/heating, etc.) becomes more of a factor.

In the end, the range that matters is what is what is relevant for everyday use. To me, that means city driving with stop-n-go (and associated regen) and @ highway speeds (65-75mph). Data generated under excessive highway speeds (say 80+mph) or artificially low (say <55mph) are irrelevant to most real-life driving.

We all know its coming in 2026 and a realistic product...unlike Elon's rroadster with rocket boosters. You can't compare this with Musk lies and hype.
What "lies and hype"?! There is actual proof!
1723309280505.webp

Why do you have to wonder? Kilowatts did the thing at 27mph?

I recently took a trip to the NC mountains and on my return trip down the mountains I achieved what i thought was incredible mileage. I charged up and during the trip down the mountains, I went 37miles using only 3 kwh, or 12.3 miles/kwh. Also, for nearly 30 miles the trip meter did not register any kwh consumption and I actually increase SOC from 88% at initial charge to 90%. The issue I experience is that the trip meter never registered higher than 6.1m/kwh. Huh? Is 6.1 kwh/m the maximum amount on the trip meter? Hs anyone experienced anything like this? Feedback is welcomed.

Back