Lost range at home after Charging at Electrify

So, food for thought. In a regular ICE car, if you were to leave for 6 mo, you would most likely come back to a dead battery and need to jump your car to restart it. Then you would drive it around for a few minutes so it would charge back. This has always been my experience, although I never left a car for 6mo. Most was ever 6 weeks, but often when my parents would take 2-3 mo trips we would have to ask the airport security guy to jump start our car in the lot. What I wonder is why not let the car go down to 0%? Then when you come back, charge it back up. There would be no worry about stress on the battery, using electricity, etc...
With my ICE, I disconnect the battery or attach a trickle charger for long term storage.

So, food for thought. In a regular ICE car, if you were to leave for 6 mo, you would most likely come back to a dead battery and need to jump your car to restart it. Then you would drive it around for a few minutes so it would charge back. This has always been my experience, although I never left a car for 6mo. Most was ever 6 weeks, but often when my parents would take 2-3 mo trips we would have to ask the airport security guy to jump start our car in the lot. What I wonder is why not let the car go down to 0%? Then when you come back, charge it back up. There would be no worry about stress on the battery, using electricity, etc...
Are you talking about rhe 12v or the battery pack itself? From what I remember reading, if the battery pack completely drains its dead and can't be charged up.

2) When you lock your car or walk away, keep your phone (if using mobile key) away or put the key fob at least 25 feet away with a wall in between and that will prevent lights going off and on and doing the whole lock/unlock sequence.

I'm going to have to buy some lead case or something because more than half my house will be within 25 feet from the garage 🤣

I'm going to have to buy some lead case or something because more than half my house will be within 25 feet from the garage 🤣
Faraday pouch works

I know somebody who allowed their MINI electric to go completely flat over a twelve month period and the battery needed replacement. I think it cost c. £11,000. I appreciate this would be very unusual.

I know somebody who allowed their MINI electric to go completely flat over a twelve month period and the battery needed replacement. I think it cost c. £11,000. I appreciate this would be very unusual.

I guess this was the thought in the back of my mind when I asked about how long it would take to completely deplete the battery. I can't imagine if this happens once the battery is now useless. Is this a common issue?

It's the only case I have ever heard of, I guess you'd have to call it an edge case because the vehicle could have been completely flat for some weeks.

I don't have time to look this up but you'd think a brand new battery just made would have no charge.

If you just leave it plugged in and set the charge limit, it will keep it at that charge. Easy. You can check the app too to see how it’s going. I can’t imagine a more worry free way to leave the car alone for a few weeks.

If you just leave it plugged in and set the charge limit, it will keep it at that charge. Easy. You can check the app too to see how it’s going. I can’t imagine a more worry free way to leave the car alone for a few weeks.

We have limited EV charging spots at our airport, not to mention they can sometimes be ICEd. So that is my other reason for wanting to know how long. @hydbob answered it in this post. I just have to remember to wake the car up (in winter) at connecting airport coming home and then again before exiting the plane going to baggage claim. Hopefully that can be done in less than 45 minutes...

Hi Everyone - I learned a very important lesson about charging my Lucid GT when we went out of the country for 2 weeks. We had the Lucid plugged into a 120 volt receptacle and saw the range going down everyday and couldn't figure out why it was not charging. I was worried that when we returned it would have been at 0 range. What we found when we left was there was no charging happening. I called the service center and they sent a technician to disconnect the battery from the car until we returned. After we returned, the technician came back out to the house to reconnect the battery. The lesson is as follows: You have to let your Lucid go to sleep before plugging in the charging cable (especially if you are plugged into a 120 volt receptacle) or it will not charge. In my case, it charges 2 miles/hour with 120 volts. To put your Lucid to sleep, make sure the charger is not plugged in, then you push the turn signal down and lock the car. Once the blinking stops, the car is asleep. Wait 15 minutes, which resets the computer, unlock the car and then open the charging door & plug the charger in. Then lock car again. That fixed the charging issues I had. Since doing that method, my charging has been at 2 miles/hour and I have not seen a drag on the range. I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
Wait 15 minutes, which resets the computer, open the door and then plug the charger in.
I'm a bit confused. How do you open the charging door without waking up the car again?

I'm a bit confused. How do you open the charging door without waking up the car again?
Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say after the car is asleep, unlock the car and then open the charging door & plug the charger in. Then lock the car again. That seemed to work for me.

Back