• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster

Firstto520

Cars
Lucid GT
Greetings all. My name is Len Devanna and I head up Lucid's digital customer experience initiatives.

I'm a long-time EV enthusiast, having purchased my first Tesla (P90D) in 2015. I currently drive a Model 3P. My Lucid Air GT reservation is in and I can't wait for the day I take delivery. I was fortunate enough to borrow a pre-production GT for a week and put 1,500 miles on it. It is easily the best car I've ever driven (prior to Tesla I primarily drove BMW & Mercedes vehicles).

I wanted to introduce myself and let the community know that we are present and do indeed pay attention to these forums. Understanding sentiment from the community is extremely important to us, and we consider the insights gathered here and elsewhere extremely valuable.

Engagement from the team will be low as we want to honor the existing processes for Customer Care and the like. Said differently, I don't want to compromise existing business touchpoints through forum participation. But it was important for me to say hello, thank you for everything you all do, and acknowledge the fact that we are indeed present and paying attention.

Cheers to you all and a sustainable tomorrow.
LD

Greetings all. My name is Len Devanna and I head up Lucid's digital customer experience initiatives.

I'm a long-time EV enthusiast, having purchased my first Tesla (P90D) in 2015. I currently drive a Model 3P. My Lucid Air GT reservation is in and I can't wait for the day I take delivery. I was fortunate enough to borrow a pre-production GT for a week and put 1,500 miles on it. It is easily the best car I've ever driven (prior to Tesla I primarily drove BMW & Mercedes vehicles).

I wanted to introduce myself and let the community know that we are present and do indeed pay attention to these forums. Understanding sentiment from the community is extremely important to us, and we consider the insights gathered here and elsewhere extremely valuable.

Engagement from the team will be low as we want to honor the existing processes for Customer Care and the like. Said differently, I don't want to compromise existing business touchpoints through forum participation. But it was important for me to say hello, thank you for everything you all do, and acknowledge the fact that we are indeed present and paying attention.

LD
Welcome and thank you for introducing yourself on this forum. I also follow you on twitter.

LD
welcome

I was fortunate enough to borrow a pre-production GT for a week and put 1,500 miles on it
WOW ... that is v cool... you must know Peter :)
(EDIT: realise my stupidity here - teach me to read too quickly - was distracted by the fact you put 1500 miles on a pre-prod GT in a week :rolleyes: )

where are you based?

Last edited:
Welcome Len. I've also seen your posts on Twitter. I do appreciate the need to maintain order in the process and my experiences throughout my Dream Edition order and delivery have been excellent although frustrating at times given the parts situation which was beyond Lucid control I know. Its good to know management is aware of all our concerns and I hope many of them will be resolved soon (CarPlay Please!!).

LD
Glad to see an official response! Thank you Len, post more and spread the word!

Hi Len and thanks for making yourself known on this forum. Can you please tell us exactly what "digital customer experience initiatives" are? From the word "initiatives," I would surmise that you initiate the digital customer experiences, which would mean you are planning things for the future? In other words, things which have not yet been created or are in the process of being created?

welcome

WOW ... that is v cool... you must know Peter :)
(EDIT: realise my stupidity here - teach me to read too quickly - was distracted by the fact you put 1500 miles on a pre-prod GT in a week :rolleyes: )

where are you based?
Thanks for the welcome! Prior NorCal guy who made the move to SoCal just before finding this incredible opportunity and now commutes to NorCal.

Last edited:
Hi Len and thanks for making yourself known on this forum. Can you please tell us exactly what "digital customer experience initiatives" are? From the word "initiatives," I would surmise that you initiate the digital customer experiences, which would mean you are planning things for the future? In other words, things which have not yet been created or are in the process of being created?
Said simply, the team is responsible for our websites, Social Media, virtual realities (VR, XR, Meta...), and voice of the customer functions. If you're experiencing the brand online in any way, it's likely something this amazing team had a hand in. And yes, we are as focused on tomorrow as much as we are today. Thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:
Len, glad to have you join and we very much appreciate all the hard work the team has put in. We’re all excited about being part of the journey.

Hey guys, I'm a first time poster as well but have been on here for quite some time. Just drove the air gt in Chicago Oak Brook location as I've been postponing finalizing my order until I drove the car. Also, after reading the forum due to the software issues everyone is experiencing, I've been a bit hesitant. But now knowing that lucid is watching this forum and is making it a priority to address the software, I'm inclined to finalize my order this week.

Hey guys, I'm a first time poster as well but have been on here for quite some time. Just drove the air gt in Chicago Oak Brook location as I've been postponing finalizing my order until I drove the car. Also, after reading the forum due to the software issues everyone is experiencing, I've been a bit hesitant. But now knowing that lucid is watching this forum and is making it a priority to address the software, I'm inclined to finalize my order this week.

Don’t stress about the software issues. They don’t make the car any less fun to drive. Adjust your expectations to expect some bugs, due to the nature of it being a brand new car, but they’re readily getting fixed.

The car is a dream to drive, and the software is quickly catching up. You’re gonna love it.

Don’t stress about the software issues. They don’t make the car any less fun to drive. Adjust your expectations to expect some bugs, due to the nature of it being a brand new car, but they’re readily getting fixed.

The car is a dream to drive, and the software is quickly catching up. You’re gonna love it.

Plus, 1.2.1 supposedly fixed a lot of woes in terms of lag and usability.

Speaking of lag, it really does improve driving distance (of the golf ball)

ok, I think I am going to confirm today. Going with Zenith Red, 21s, and a Mojave interior!

LD
Welcome, Len and everyone else at Lucid Motors! We are all pulling for you. Having owned my DE for 3 weeks and 500 miles, I can tell you it is a phenomenal achievement. And everywhere I go, people are snapping photos and video and talking to me about it. Congratulations to your team on a remarkable job!

Where’s my pencils!! :D

LD
hello Len, nice to meet you, I’m a new Dream owner and just took delivery last week; i’m glad to know someone from Lucid is on here and paying attention

LD

LD
Len, thank you for confirming for us your attention to our forum. As a potential buyer with a reservation and an appointment to test drive a GT, it means a lot to know you are gathering intel about the pros and cons new Lucid Air owners are experiencing directly from those customers. If I had a hesitation about replacing my MS with a Lucid GT, it would not be the software glitches I've read about here. No, my hesitation would be due to complacency or lack of interest in the customer on the part of Lucid's management. I didn't think that was the case at all, and your post confirms that. In my years in management (not in manufacturing cars!), I've learned that new/growing companies become bigger by being better, not the other way around. Pay attention to customers and you will succeed. Thanks, because everyone here wants you to succeed.

LD
Do you know a guy named Ben Wells? Pretty sure that was his name... He was a quality engineer in Casa Grande I think. He came up and said hi to me and thanked me for buying the car and believing in Lucid. He was moved to see one on the road, something he'd obviously put a lot of time and energy into. It was and he was very cool!

Back