Lemon Law Disclosure Acknowledgement in Purchase Agreement

moytoyx

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR/SC Air Touring
Referral Code
85ZU3QCS
Are we supposed to receive a copy of Lemon law disclosure as per the Purchase Agreement? Not sure what I am acknowledging here. I know the laws are different in all states.

1674430462642.png

You said it. The disclosure requirements are different in every state and the lemon laws are different in every state. It appears that NJ, to its credit, is requiring sellers to disclose the existence and operation of the NJ lemon law.

Since the car is "purchased out of state" - the Arizona Lemon Law applies and it is found in the Purchase Agreement. We were looking for it as a separate document and missed it.

Since the car is "purchased out of state" - the Arizona Lemon Law applies and it is found in the Purchase Agreement. We were looking for it as a separate document and missed it.
Hi. Does this mean the AZ Lemon Laws are in effect rather than NJ’s?

That's what I was told. The language between the NJ and Arizona laws are similar. The difference I saw was in Arizona - Lucid can make 4 attempts to fix the same defect or car has been out of service for more than 30 days - whereas NJ allows for 2 attempts to fix defect or vehicle is out of service for 20 days.

That's what I was told. The language between the NJ and Arizona laws are similar. The difference I saw was in Arizona - Lucid can make 4 attempts to fix the same defect or car has been out of service for more than 30 days - whereas NJ allows for 2 attempts to fix defect or vehicle is out of service for 20 days.
Thanks. All the best with a great car. I’m in the Pure waiting room.

Im in WA and my purchase agreement spells out Washington Resident and Lemon Law. Perhaps it's different per state. I believe NJ and WA have the best lemon laws of all states. My agt has been in the shop 39 days and counting and WA lemon law applies if the car has been in the shop for more than 30 days for any reason. I've given directions to the Lucid Service Center to proceed with lemon law.

Im in WA and my purchase agreement spells out Washington Resident and Lemon Law. Perhaps it's different per state. I believe NJ and WA have the best lemon laws of all states. My agt has been in the shop 39 days and counting and WA lemon law applies if the car has been in the shop for more than 30 days for any reason. I've given directions to the Lucid Service Center to proceed with lemon law.

Unless your law is very different from the ones I have seen, YOU have to proceed with the lemon law, not the car company. But if the company agrees to repurchase the car, then the company moves forward with it.

I went through this process in Arizona a number of years ago on a BMW. I went to the dealership with a letter stating that I was initiating the lemon law process. It helps that I am a retired litigator. The service manager at the dealership told me he agreed with me and asked me to give him an hour. An hour later he told me that BMW had agreed to buy back the car. So I went through that process instead of the lemon law process. With BMW, BTW, it was painless. They made me a fair offer to account for my usage and even let me keep the car while I waited for a replacement BMW to be built to my requests.

I went the lemon law route in NY on a Mazda. I won the case and got back every penny I spent on the car, tax included...and this was after one year of ownership. So they didn't even subtract depreciation on the car.

If it’s something you’re considering definitely talk to a lawyer before you do anything or let the shop know you’re considering it.

I went through it with my Model S a few years back. Make sure when you’re signing any work orders that the dates and description of work is correct. Tesla tried to fudge some of the documentation to say the car was repaired earlier than it was.

Unless your law is very different from the ones I have seen, YOU have to proceed with the lemon law, not the car company. But if the company agrees to repurchase the car, then the company moves forward with it.

I went through this process in Arizona a number of years ago on a BMW. I went to the dealership with a letter stating that I was initiating the lemon law process. It helps that I am a retired litigator. The service manager at the dealership told me he agreed with me and asked me to give him an hour. An hour later he told me that BMW had agreed to buy back the car. So I went through that process instead of the lemon law process. With BMW, BTW, it was painless. They made me a fair offer to account for my usage and even let me keep the car while I waited for a replacement BMW to be built to my requests.

If it’s something you’re considering definitely talk to a lawyer before you do anything or let the shop know you’re considering it.

I went through it with my Model S a few years back. Make sure when you’re signing any work orders that the dates and description of work is correct. Tesla tried to fudge some of the documentation to say the car was repaired earlier than it was.

I went the lemon law route in NY on a Mazda. I won the case and got back every penny I spent on the car, tax included...and this was after one year of ownership. So they didn't even subtract depreciation on the car.

Thanks. Yes, Lucid is proceeding with what they call Buy Back Program, but their paperwork isn't ready yet. They say it needs to go through the Service Center manager and the car needs to be fully repaired before the car can be assessed and the paperwork can be completed (the car has ~600 miles now). I can't tell if they're trying to stall or whether it's even beneficial to them. My estimate is that WA lemon law applies since my agt has been in the shop for 34 days continuously and total now is 41 days in the shop and counting -- is presently in the shop. I took delivery 10/13/2022. If Lucid regards it's a "clear" case my thinking is they'll give a reasonable offer (perhaps everything most favorable to them) since litigation may cost them more. In my end, it's my time and effort needed vs getting good dollars back and my time is valuable. I don't know yet if they'll give the sales tax back as part of the buy back. You're right, I should give them a letter stating I'm initiating the lemon law process. I've only communicated to initiate the lemon law process via text and email so far. WA also offers an Arbitration Process for the lemon law run by the Lemon Law Administration of Attorney General's Office as opposed to going through a "formal lawyer process".

Back