LCID stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we have very short memory. Tesla (Elon) were/are notorious for overpromising and underdelivering. At Lucid's age they were missing delivery targets all the time, burning 800m in cash a quarter and were one step away from bankruptcy.

To me, Lucid is following the established path to be a successful auto maker. You enter the market with a great luxury car to establish your brand as you expand and ramp up production. Then you come out with an SUV and then more affordable cars after that when you can handle the increase in demand. With Saudi money the hope is they have deep enough pockets to last as long as it takes. Of course there is plenty working against them - interest rates are high, EV demand is slowing, there's way more competition. I think the product stands out enough to make them successful, but we'll see. And hey, with stock this low it's a great time to buy more.. :)

I feel like we have very short memory. Tesla (Elon) were/are notorious for overpromising and underdelivering. At Lucid's age they were missing delivery targets all the time, burning 800m in cash a quarter and were one step away from bankruptcy.

To me, Lucid is following the established path to be a successful auto maker. You enter the market with a great luxury car to establish your brand as you expand and ramp up production. Then you come out with an SUV and then more affordable cars after that when you can handle the increase in demand. With Saudi money the hope is they have deep enough pockets to last as long as it takes. Of course there is plenty working against them - interest rates are high, EV demand is slowing, there's way more competition. I think the product stands out enough to make them successful, but we'll see. And hey, with stock this low it's a great time to buy more.. :)
I guess, but that was a different time when Tesla was just starting, as they were the only player in town and EV was just beginning. Much different with competition and economic climate now. Can’t compare to past anymore, at least I would not be as an investor in Lucid stock.

If you look at my posts regarding EV stock prices, I’ve been right in every one of them over the last 2 .5 years (I’m pretty good at this overall 👍) and have invested my own funds

Long-term I firmly believe Lucid will be fine. There will be some buying opportunities as I expect the stock to drop down to mid threes During spring/ early summer of 2024 and then start to see ^ trend. Gravity will be a game changer.
Regarding the post a few above … about no one selling lots of EV‘s.. you can pretty much book it that Tesla will knock it out of the park with deliveries and sales. Exceeding expectations for 4th qtr . I fully expect to see the stock near 300 spring/summer.
We shall see if I’m spot on again ( pat on the back)
Good luck investing

Jill,
I'm just a casual investor but have lost a fair amount of money in Lucid (starting with Churchil Capital 4). I also agree that, long term, Lucid should be fine. Tesla did not turn a profit for 17 years - a little apples to oranges analogy I admit but ...
What is your opinion in the short term for LCID? Is there significant short interest driving the price down? Can we hope for a short squeeze ? I realize that you said spring/early summer but I'm hoping for sooner cause I'm ready to add shares ...😁

If you look at my posts regarding EV stock prices, I’ve been right in every one of them over the last 2 .5 years (I’m pretty good at this overall 👍) and have invested my own funds

Long-term I firmly believe Lucid will be fine. There will be some buying opportunities as I expect the stock to drop down to mid threes During spring/ early summer of 2024 and then start to see ^ trend. Gravity will be a game changer.
Regarding the post a few above … about no one selling lots of EV‘s.. you can pretty much book it that Tesla will knock it out of the park with deliveries and sales. Exceeding expectations for 4th qtr . I fully expect to see the stock near 300 spring/summer.
Good luck investing
300?? From your mouth to the guy’s ears upstairs.

300 is not far fetched. I remember watching Farzy and Warren influencers talked about $2000+ 😂

Agree, it was a climate most did not anticpate. Look at Lucid AIr vs Taycan vs Merc EQS sales this year- Lucid is not far off. That is despite being a new car company, despite not having the sales and service support those established players have. Everyone got surprised by lack of EV sales, including the Koreans, Germans, Big 3...

2024 will be a much better year and looking at Gravity pricing, Lucid has read their market right and made corrections. This is where you start investing heavily. I still strongly believ EV's will shine again 2025, once interest rates start coing down. The big 3 cutting down on EV spending is a big mistake. They are very short sighted. Gives momentum to the new big 3- Tesla, Rivian, Lucid

Sometimes, it is easy to come up with reasons to support our investment decisions. Let's keep in mind that Lucid stock is speculative. Yes, it can end up super successful, but it can also end up at zero. Actually, in terms of overall odds, it is most likely to end up at zero. I sure hope it does not, and also believe in the company. However, only bet what you are willing to lose.

Regarding the big auto manufacturers, the "cutting down" is very short-term. GM has a significant investment in EVs. The Chevrolet Blazer EV just won motortrend's SUV of the year for 2024. the Ultium battery investment for GM is enormous. GM has the Hummer EV, Bolt EV, Bolt EUV, Cadilac Lyric, and Chevy Blazer EV selling right now. They are coming out very soon with the Cadilac Escalade EV, Equinox EV, Silverado EV, etc.. all coming out in 2024 or early 2025. GMs decision to delay the Silverado production was mainly related to supply issues and production issues. They did not want to push thru EV cars fast when demand growth was slowing, and the risk of lousy production would be higher.

Seems to be going well ^ stock is up $15 since I posted.
You do realize two years ago the stock was nearly 400 so 300 was not far-fetched at all.
We shall see in the meantime happy holidays to all and best of luck in the investment game

Last edited:
The big 3 are dividend paying established stocks. They have to balance current short term earnings with long term sales to appease shareholders. They will always have a different sales strategy than non-profitable EV startups so comparing their approach to the EV market demand waning shouldn’t be evaluated in the same vein.

Better day today. Time will tell whether or not I was foolish to buy more at $3.90 … 🙃

Good luck investing
Perhaps just some confusing wording. LCID hitting 300 would literally make me a millionaire at 14, which is a pipe dream.

Spin Man, I'm in your club as I recently bought additional shares. I'm not foolish enough to believe that my analysis of cost per car, etc. is accurate or even better than anyone else's, but I firmly believe that, if nothing else, Lucid's technology is worth real $ to someone. That, combined with the Saudi's need/desire to protect their investments in the firm make me reasonably comfortable that a purchase around $4 share is a sensible use of a (small) portion of my cash.

Perhaps just some confusing wording. LCID hitting 300 would literally make me a millionaire at 14, which is a pipe dream.
As others have said, its just as likely (if not more so) that it goes to zero. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose, especially at such a young age.

As others have said, it’s just as likely (if not more so) that it goes to zero. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose, especially at such

Sometimes, it is easy to come up with reasons to support our investment decisions. Let's keep in mind that Lucid stock is speculative. Yes, it can end up super successful, but it can also end up at zero. Actually, in terms of overall odds, it is most likely to end up at zero. I sure hope it does not, and also believe in the company. However, only bet what you are willing to lose.

Regarding the big auto manufacturers, the "cutting down" is very short-term. GM has a significant investment in EVs. The Chevrolet Blazer EV just won motortrend's SUV of the year for 2024. the Ultium battery investment for GM is enormous. GM has the Hummer EV, Bolt EV, Bolt EUV, Cadilac Lyric, and Chevy Blazer EV selling right now. They are coming out very soon with the Cadilac Escalade EV, Equinox EV, Silverado EV, etc.. all coming out in 2024 or early 2025. GMs decision to delay the Silverado production was mainly related to supply issues and production issues. They did not want to push thru EV cars fast when demand growth was slowing, and the risk of lousy production would be higher.
This is why the Big 3 always need bailouts. Still having the old mentality in a tech driven world. Unfortunately, having unions is a big liability. Share buy back announced today shows their backward thinking.

As others have said, its just as likely (if not more so) that it goes to zero. Don't invest more than you can afford to lose, especially at such a young age.
I don't see a long term fall to zero if any at all. Lucid hit its lows with the early air buyers tapering down which decreases air sales. Now is an exciting time for lucid, and the gravity seems to be a hit at this point, with all the great reception.(besides, my cost is at 3.95ish, which doesnt leave much room to go down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back