Late July 2022 Musk Hinting Tesla Bankruptcy Again….

MPawelek

Cars
None
He says that due to supply shortages the two new factories are costing Billions to keep open and the shut down in China all add up to bankruptcy. Are there any more big investors willing to gamble or will money sources dry up?

Naturally Elon claims he has no personal funds to bulk up Tesla…..😆

Last edited:
He says that due to supply shortages the two new factories are costing Billions to keep open and the shut down in China all add up to bankruptcy. Are there any more big investors willing to gamble or will money sources dry up?

Of course he doesn't. He is too busy using his funds (actually not using them) to destroy Twitter.

He just drops these comments to stay in the media. He's the automakers version of Donald Trump. Just say whatever and every news outlet will pick up on it good or bad. Keeps them relevant.

He just drops these comments to stay in the media. He's the automakers version of Donald Trump. Just say whatever and every news outlet will pick up on it good or bad. Keeps them relevant.
Yea I’m not sure what the source is on the original post. He made comments in May that new factories are money furnaces until they ramp, on top of Covid shutdown, so maybe it was that. Even given that, they are printing money…just less of it in Q2 than Q1. I agree it’s just to keep media attention.

He did wanted to turn Tesla private with Saudi’s help for $420 a share for Tesla, Saidi didn’t help, but instead switched to Lucid investment.

Now this article for his bankruptcy concern is at 6/22 when stock is close to 12 months low and Tesla was done selling BTC. I’m sure he didn’t mind the negative sentiment to drive Tesla stock lower price so he can buy back shares he sold at $1100 to conveniently pay for his tax obligation.

For a smart guy it is amazing that Elon Musk hasn't read the securities code.
The thing with ultra-rich people is they don’t need to follow any code. They do whatever they want. And mostly get away with it.

Talking up bad times to kill financing so he can weasel out of the Twitter deal. Hope Chancery forces him to buy. Contracts have consequences.

He did wanted to turn Tesla private with Saudi’s help for $420 a share for Tesla, Saidi didn’t help, but instead switched to Lucid investment.

Now this article for his bankruptcy concern is at 6/22 when stock is close to 12 months low and Tesla was done selling BTC. I’m sure he didn’t mind the negative sentiment to drive Tesla stock lower price so he can buy back shares he sold at $1100 to conveniently pay for his tax obligation.

The June article seems to be reporting on a May interview. I’m not really sure why Elon is the CEO- it seems like he isn’t interested in being a CEO (or whatever he calls it). I think Tesla would not exist in any form close to what it is now were he never in the picture but he can still be heavily involved in creative and strategic direction without being the CEO.

I really doubt he has been buying back shares, but who knows. I would think executive share purchases have to be divulged within a certain timeframe (or in advance even?) but he’s not really a rules guy.

Talking up bad times to kill financing so he can weasel out of the Twitter deal. Hope Chancery forces him to buy. Contracts have consequences.
The Twitter deal is explicitly not contingent on financing so killing finance sources would hurt him alone.

The thing with ultra-rich people is they don’t need to follow any code. They do whatever they want. And mostly get away with it.
Musk public comment: "Physics is the law, everything else is a recommendation"

Back