Las Vegas Touring or GT meet?

smokey7722

So my coveted Volvo S90 is potentially totalled (waiting on final confirmation from the collision shop and insurance) and am starting to look at options for a replacement. I'm beyond upset as I really love that car but unfortunately as happens, someone decided to run a stop sign and I had no way to stop in time or swerve out of the way. Should it be totalled, the GT is on my list as a potential replacement but unfortunately it looks like I may have missed the October meetup our here. This may be asking a lot but would anyone with a Touring or GT be willing to meet me? I'd be happy just getting to see the cars in person so I can get an idea on if I would be interested as I have never seen the interior in person. I'm leaning towards the GT mainly due to the massaging units for the seats as I have a horrible back and that, despite the increase in cost to upgrade from Touring to GT seems to be the only way I can get it. I'm happy to buy anyone a meal as a thank you as well! I'm in the southwest area, in Mountains Edge but happy to drive most anywhere in town as I do have my secondary vehicle at the moment, though I do have back trouble so driving extreme distances may be troublesome right now. I'd prefer to avoid the strip and surrounding close areas if possible given the insanity of construction if at all possible!

I do have a test drive scheduled for December 6th in San Diego as I will be out there but if I can check out a vehicle before hand, I may be able to speed things up vs waiting even longer to get a replacement vehicle should the S90 really be totalled :(

Where do you live? If you wanna drive to Summerlin and get me a coffee ;), happy to show you around. I have a zenith red AGT.

So my coveted Volvo S90 is potentially totalled (waiting on final confirmation from the collision shop and insurance) and am starting to look at options for a replacement. I'm beyond upset as I really love that car but unfortunately as happens, someone decided to run a stop sign and I had no way to stop in time or swerve out of the way. Should it be totalled, the GT is on my list as a potential replacement but unfortunately it looks like I may have missed the October meetup our here. This may be asking a lot but would anyone with a Touring or GT be willing to meet me? I'd be happy just getting to see the cars in person so I can get an idea on if I would be interested as I have never seen the interior in person. I'm leaning towards the GT mainly due to the massaging units for the seats as I have a horrible back and that, despite the increase in cost to upgrade from Touring to GT seems to be the only way I can get it. I'm happy to buy anyone a meal as a thank you as well! I'm in the southwest area, in Mountains Edge but happy to drive most anywhere in town as I do have my secondary vehicle at the moment, though I do have back trouble so driving extreme distances may be troublesome right now. I'd prefer to avoid the strip and surrounding close areas if possible given the insanity of construction if at all possible!

I do have a test drive scheduled for December 6th in San Diego as I will be out there but if I can check out a vehicle before hand, I may be able to speed things up vs waiting even longer to get a replacement vehicle should the S90 really be totalled :(
S90s are possibly the most underrated full size sedan ever! S class space for 60k... what an bargain!

And you will find that many Lucid owners are nice as well as friendly. I have no doubt you will find somebody, good luck! If you are going to SD, ask @Bobby if he has time!

DM when you’re in San Diego. You’re welcome to drive mine.

Where do you live? If you wanna drive to Summerlin and get me a coffee ;), happy to show you around. I have a zenith red AGT.
I'm in Mountains Edge but I would be happy to drive up to Summerlin if you were offering! Coffee, lunch, whatever you want (within reason haha!) I do work from home and have some flexibility with my schedule outside of the Dr visits at the moment and at this point also have my weekends entirely free while I am tryin to rest my back so I can be available to work around your schedule.

S90s are possibly the most underrated full size sedan ever! S class space for 60k... what an bargain!

And you will find that many Lucid owners are nice as well as friendly. I have no doubt you will find somebody, good luck! If you are going to SD, ask @Bobby if he has time!
Mine was a '19 T6 Inscription with just about every option and coverage for absolutely everything from maintenance to warranties for 10 years. Immaculate in its condition and upkeep, blond interior, it was a dream to drive and to date my favorite vehicle ever. I had done two cross country trips in it and loved every single second. It is still at the collision shop now and going back and forth with the adjusters who are so far leaning towards as of last week but as of yesterday looks like 27K for repair was the latest number I heard. While that's still not 65% of total value, getting a diminished value payout due to the steering wheel and leg airbags deploying is going to be a fight and likely not much meaning this is becoming a losing battle. The healthcare claim alone is a bit crazy but thats handled different from the property itself. Devastated isn't even the word I am feeling.

I'm finding the friendly nature as well and which is another reason I have been eyeing Lucid's for a while now. I had planned to wait for the Gravity as a possible replacement for my 4Runner while keeping my S90 but life happens so here we are :(

DM when you’re in San Diego. You’re welcome to drive mine.
Sounds good. I know I have an appointment at the Westfield mall showroom on 12/6 to checkout both a Touring and GT though I expect to have an answer soon on the fate of my Volvo and figured if I can make a decision before 12/6 that would be better as driving my '05 4Runner (v8) that gets 12mpg as a daily driver isn't really sustainable given all the Dr appointments I am going to on a daily basis now. While its fun to drive, its not really built now for street driving so not the most ideal option. And climbing in and out at the moment with my health issues has been much more difficult.

I'll actually be on a Celebrity cruise assuming my health issues can be controlled and I don't need to cancel and scheduled to be in port from 10AM-10PM. I was going to grab a rental car and drive up to the Westfield for the test drive and have nothin else to do for the day now. Was likely going to just hang around little italy and considering dinner at Animae before reboarding the ship then flying home from LA the next day.

I'm in Mountains Edge but I would be happy to drive up to Summerlin if you were offering! Coffee, lunch, whatever you want (within reason haha!) I do work from home and have some flexibility with my schedule outside of the Dr visits at the moment and at this point also have my weekends entirely free while I am tryin to rest my back so I can be available to work around your schedule.

Mine was a '19 T6 Inscription with just about every option and coverage for absolutely everything from maintenance to warranties for 10 years. Immaculate in its condition and upkeep, blond interior, it was a dream to drive and to date my favorite vehicle ever. I had done two cross country trips in it and loved every single second. It is still at the collision shop now and going back and forth with the adjusters who are so far leaning towards as of last week but as of yesterday looks like 27K for repair was the latest number I heard. While that's still not 65% of total value, getting a diminished value payout due to the steering wheel and leg airbags deploying is going to be a fight and likely not much meaning this is becoming a losing battle. The healthcare claim alone is a bit crazy but thats handled different from the property itself. Devastated isn't even the word I am feeling.

I'm finding the friendly nature as well and which is another reason I have been eyeing Lucid's for a while now. I had planned to wait for the Gravity as a possible replacement for my 4Runner while keeping my S90 but life happens so here we are :(

Sounds good. I know I have an appointment at the Westfield mall showroom on 12/6 to checkout both a Touring and GT though I expect to have an answer soon on the fate of my Volvo and figured if I can make a decision before 12/6 that would be better as driving my '05 4Runner (v8) that gets 12mpg as a daily driver isn't really sustainable given all the Dr appointments I am going to on a daily basis now. While its fun to drive, its not really built now for street driving so not the most ideal option. And climbing in and out at the moment with my health issues has been much more difficult.

I'll actually be on a Celebrity cruise assuming my health issues can be controlled and I don't need to cancel and scheduled to be in port from 10AM-10PM. I was going to grab a rental car and drive up to the Westfield for the test drive and have nothin else to do for the day now. Was likely going to just hang around little italy and considering dinner at Animae before reboarding the ship then flying home from LA the next day.
If you use your 4runner for actual offroading, have you considered a Rivian R1S?

If you use your 4runner for actual offroading, have you considered a Rivian R1S?

I have but with my back issues I have actually reduced my offroading substantially - to almost none and its actually easier for entry/exit of a lower sedan now than an SUV. I enjoy driving a large sedan as my primary vehicle vs a SUV/truck now that I have had the S90 for a few years and wasn't entertaining a second SUV at this point in time. I keep my vehicles until they fall apart (my 4Runner is a 2005 that I bought new) and had planned to so with the S90 with the expectation that in another ~2-3 years I would finally bite the bullet and sell the 4Runner for an EV, while keeping the S90 as well.

I have but with my back issues I have actually reduced my offroading substantially - to almost none and its actually easier for entry/exit of a lower sedan now than an SUV. I enjoy driving a large sedan as my primary vehicle vs a SUV/truck now that I have had the S90 for a few years and wasn't entertaining a second SUV at this point in time. I keep my vehicles until they fall apart (my 4Runner is a 2005 that I bought new) and had planned to so with the S90 with the expectation that in another ~2-3 years I would finally bite the bullet and sell the 4Runner for an EV, while keeping the S90 as well.
Getting into the Lucid may be very hard for you because of its highly raked roofline, but I hope it all works out well. Try it as soon as you can!

Getting into the Lucid may be very hard for you because of its highly raked roofline, but I hope it all works out well. Try it as soon as you can!

Yup thats why I need to physically get in one. Ignoring the fact I have only seen exterior and never seen inside anyway. There is a chance I can be ok, but you never know until you try and thats where I am now, preparing for the worst if the Volvo is considered a total loss. I also have contacts at Volvo corporate scouring inventory to find a replacement S90 with my options as well in case thats an option. Trying to cover all bases at the moment!

Yup thats why I need to physically get in one. Ignoring the fact I have only seen exterior and never seen inside anyway. There is a chance I can be ok, but you never know until you try and thats where I am now, preparing for the worst if the Volvo is considered a total loss. I also have contacts at Volvo corporate scouring inventory to find a replacement S90 with my options as well in case thats an option. Trying to cover all bases at the moment!
When I was shopping for ICE alternatives to the Lucid, the S90 looked be very compelling. However, the dealer told us it is “custom order only,” which I feel they said because they don’t order any for inventory. That dealer was the worst experience we had of any brand, even taking the custom ordering out of the equation.

When I was shopping for ICE alternatives to the Lucid, the S90 looked be very compelling. However, the dealer told us it is “custom order only,” which I feel they said because they don’t order any for inventory. That dealer was the worst experience we had of any brand, even taking the custom ordering out of the equation.

I had a similar experience with the only Volvo dealer in Vegas. I live in Philadelphia as well and have friends at Volvo corporate so back in 2019 I reached out to my friend in corporate who did a nationwide search for the build I wanted. I gave up on exterior color so I could get every other option I did want. They found one, just ONE in the port that was allotted to a dealer in WI I think, who was *happy* to trade it to the dealer I used in PA to purchase. I think my PA dealer had to trade two S60's for the one S90 funny enough and there was some port damage to one of the wiper blades someone had bent so some mild repair had to be completed, a repaint of the hood and replacement of the windshield but it was all covered by corporate.

I refuse to even talk to the NV based dealer here for sales (their service has been decent) and if I can find another S90 and end up going that route, I would end up back at the same PA dealer as they were a dream to work with. Coupled with Steingold for the extended warranty and maintenance packages, you really couldn't ask for a better experience. It really is a shame as S90's are so incredibly underrated. The V90CC has been converted to special order only but many dealers do still have S90's on their lots, just only one or two and they tend to be low trim builds with minimal options.

@smokey7722 I'm pretty free today and also WFH. Do you want to do 1 pm today? Can meet you at Downtown Summerlin?

@smokey7722 I'm pretty free today and also WFH. Do you want to do 1 pm today? Can meet you at Downtown Summerlin?

I've got a sick dog who has to be fed/medicated at 2PM so 1PM would be cutting it close, I could come up earlier at like noon, or I could be up there probably by 2:40 (to be safe with traffic and feeding/medicating him). Work stuff I can usually shift but unfortunately due to his medical issues I can't adjust his feeding/medication.

How does 12 pm sound?

I can easily do noon if that works for you! Any specific spot you wanted to meet at? I'll be driving my blue 4Runner that honestly looks more grey right now due to dirt unfortunately but I'll come to wherever you want and happy to treat you to coffee/lunch/whatever! I really appreciate your willingness to meetup!

And yea I looked to see if I could PM you but it didn't let me. I wonder if I am too new. I'll check my profile though as well just in case I locked it down.

No worries, let's meet at the parking lot outside of

La Neta Cocina y Lounge​

1770 Festival Plaza Dr Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89135

I'll park in the back parking, likely the only Zenith Red Lucid there.

No worries, let's meet at the parking lot outside of

La Neta Cocina y Lounge​

1770 Festival Plaza Dr Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89135

I'll park in the back parking, likely the only Zenith Red Lucid there.

Sounds good to me! I'm assuming you may be the only Lucid at all there, let alone Zenith Red!

@LVAGT, thanks for meeting up yesterday and letting me checkout your GT! The red online does it no justice, that color is amazing. I'm just waiting on insurance to tell me what's going on at this point and to consult with my attorney to finalize all this mess. I'm still torn between a replacement S90 or going with a GT but this really did make my decision easier so thank you! Lots more research to do so I'll be lurking and searching the forum a lot in the next few days.

@LVAGT, thanks for meeting up yesterday and letting me checkout your GT! The red online does it no justice, that color is amazing. I'm just waiting on insurance to tell me what's going on at this point and to consult with my attorney to finalize all this mess. I'm still torn between a replacement S90 or going with a GT but this really did make my decision easier so thank you! Lots more research to do so I'll be lurking and searching the forum a lot in the next few days.
No problem man! Reach out anytime if you need anything.

Back