Massage modes in GT

smokey7722

As some of you saw in another post of mine, my Volvo S90 is possibly being considered a total loss and I am considering replacing it with a GT. @LVAGT was kind enough to meet up with me to allow me to check his out and I have since been going through the forum absorbing info. One question I haven't seen discussed was the massage modes. In my S90, I could pick one of the preset manufacturer options which would work odd lines or patterns but I also, more importantly could pick something simple like shoulder or lumbar massage mode only. I did not have an option for seat bottom massage either and personally while meeting with @LVAGT I actually didn't care for that part but I didn't see any real options that made me impressed in his GT.

I've got numerous back issues but also enjoy driving and had genuinely found myself driving my old S90 randomly and got a massage at the same time to help ease some of my pain.

So I guess there are two questions here...
  1. Can you get a back massage and not be forced into a seat bottom massage at the same time? We didn't see an option to do this while playing around.
  2. Similarly, is there really no option for a targeted massage? Only 4 or 5 generic massage pattern options that seem more random than therapeutic. I mean seriously, all one did was shake - what good does that do as a massage? I can think of other things it would do but from a massage perspective I don't see its purpose.

Can you get a back massage and not be forced into a seat bottom massage at the same time? We didn't see an option to do this while playing around.
Today, no. Once you own the car, do send this in as feedback, though - I’d even join you; more options is a great idea.

Similarly, is there really no option for a targeted massage? Only 4 or 5 generic massage pattern options that seem more random than therapeutic. I mean seriously, all one did was shake - what good does that do as a massage? I can think of other things it would do but from a massage perspective I don't see its purpose.
This seems like the same question; if you could opt for a “targeted” massage then you could turn off either back or butt.

The five modes are distinctly different, and are therapeutic, but obviously not as good as a real massage. I use the massage features often, and they do help in different ways.

For example, I love Stretch and Unwind (the “nothing but vibrating” modes, because I have a bad back and they help me.

My wife hates them and only uses Rolling or Deep, preferring Deep overall.

So I guess this is a case of “to each their own”?

I agree, though, that more options would be good.

Today, no. Once you own the car, do send this in as feedback, though - I’d even join you; more options is a great idea.

This seems like the same question; if you could opt for a “targeted” massage then you could turn off either back or butt.

The five modes are distinctly different, and are therapeutic, but obviously not as good as a real massage. I use the massage features often, and they do help in different ways.

For example, I love Stretch and Unwind (the “nothing but vibrating” modes, because I have a bad back and they help me.

My wife hates them and only uses Rolling or Deep, preferring Deep overall.

So I guess this is a case of “to each their own”?

I agree, though, that more options would be good.

That's what I was seeing from research and glad to at least get confirmation. 99% of the time I used lumbar massage only with my back issues usually being helped most by slow deep massages with no sudden movement so the vibrating = bad for me. The addition for the legs though just seems odd and something that should be controllable overall.

That's what I was seeing from research and glad to at least get confirmation. 99% of the time I used lumbar massage only with my back issues usually being helped most by slow deep massages with no sudden movement so the vibrating = bad for me. The addition for the legs though just seems odd and something that should be controllable overall.
Yeah, I hear you. It very much depends on what you need and/or helps you, and some of it, I’m guessing, is just trying to find modes and routines that help “most people most of the time.”

I imagine, as with the lighting themes and EQ, that they will add more options over time.

Yeah, I hear you. It very much depends on what you need and/or helps you, and some of it, I’m guessing, is just trying to find modes and routines that help “most people most of the time.”

I imagine, as with the lighting themes and EQ, that they will add more options over time.

Makes sense. The motors would all have to be individually controllable already so modifying the modes and/or creating new ones should be a possible software change, should Lucid be willing to do so. I'll need to spend more time in a seat though to see if one of the existing modes is useful for me right now. I know I have my official test drives scheduled in a Touring and a GT on 12/6 and expect I'll end up in a GT and can spend some time trying each mode at that time.

Makes sense. The motors would all have to be individually controllable already so modifying the modes and/or creating new ones should be a possible software change, should Lucid be willing to do so. I'll need to spend more time in a seat though to see if one of the existing modes is useful for me right now. I know I have my official test drives scheduled in a Touring and a GT on 12/6 and expect I'll end up in a GT and can spend some time trying each mode at that time.
You should try to spend some more time in one. The first time I used the massage, I also thought that the but portion was odd and turned the intensity down. After a couple of 20 minute massages, I really like the seat bottom portion of the massage.

You should try to spend some more time in one. The first time I used the massage, I also thought that the but portion was odd and turned the intensity down. After a couple of 20 minute massages, I really like the seat bottom portion of the massage.
As the days go by with no word on the possible repair of my S90, I am leaning more towards a GT. I have a friend who runs his own used car shop so he's been keepin an eye on Manheim listings for me as well just in case something of my requested build setup pops up that I should consider.

12/6 in San Diego is the plan to meet with Lucid and unfortunately it's a Wednesday so while @Bobby offered to meetup with his GT, I suspect he'll be busy and haven't reached out yet to discuss.

As the days go by with no word on the possible repair of my S90, I am leaning more towards a GT. I have a friend who runs his own used car shop so he's been keepin an eye on Manheim listings for me as well just in case something of my requested build setup pops up that I should consider.

12/6 in San Diego is the plan to meet with Lucid and unfortunately it's a Wednesday so while @Bobby offered to meetup with his GT, I suspect he'll be busy and haven't reached out yet to discuss.
Check your DM

This echoes my experience perfectly

Two things..... 🤣🤣🤣

1. Well shit, this thread ain't helping me at all.
2. But, I'm still going read it because I'm a glutton for punishment and my misery is comforting. 😖😖

Back