Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

I was told the the car doesn't have a dash cam nor does it have the sentry mode like in Tesla. What have you all done to counter this? I was told by the sales rep that these features might come in a future OTA.

I was told the the car doesn't have a dash cam nor does it have the sentry mode like in Tesla. What have you all done to counter this? I was told by the sales rep that these features might come in a future OTA.
Your first and third sentences are true. Some have installed their own aftermarket solutions. The rest of us are waiting for the update. There's no guarantee of when or if it will be put out, so if that's a key feature for you, now is not the time for you to buy a Lucid. I've never owned a car with those features before, so while it sounds nice, it doesn't really bother me not to have it.

Is there any way to reorder the media apps on the panel? I'm hoping to get Pocket Casts a little more accessible, right now it lives on the second page and literally the only thing on the first page that I use is CarPlay.

Has any one been using a rubber/silicone mat for the trunk and frunk? Can't find anything with Lucid or with 3rd parties.

I was told the the car doesn't have a dash cam nor does it have the sentry mode like in Tesla. What have you all done to counter this? I was told by the sales rep that these features might come in a future OTA.Tl

The only time I truly wanted to use Sentry mode on my Tesla was when I left it at the airport for a week while on a trip to Hawaii. Two days in, I saw how much battery it was draining and turned it off, lest I come home at the end of the week to a car that needed a charge just to get home.

To me, Sentry mode was little more than a gimmick. I know others swear by it.

Now, a dashcam that keeps recent recordings while you drive—that I did like. I would love it if Lucid did that much, at least. For cases where you have an accident and the footage could prove fault easily.

Has any one been using a rubber/silicone mat for the trunk and frunk? Can't find anything with Lucid or with 3rd parties.
Tuxmats and Linerx both have trunk and Frunk mats. Lucid has trunk and Frunk well mats.

Thank you, sir. Much appreciated. The website is very useful. I am coming out of a Tesla so really anxious about range, drop in range and overall reliability. How has your experience been so far?
if you are familiar with how the tesla is then there won't be much of a learning curve, the Air is quite similar

I just took deliver of 23'Air Pure AWD, delivery experience was beyond awful. Car had scuff marks, swirl marks all over. Driver seat had stains and discolouration and the worst was the Pilot panel which was scratched all over. They have assured all this will be resolved on by working with Service team, but boy it was the most horrible experience taking delivery of such an expensive, beautiful car.

On a side note, when you push the turn indicators, doesn't camera feed from the side cameras pop up on the main screen to show vehicles in the bilndspot or is that feature exclusive to higher trims of the car?

and I was upset when my car was delivered with the inside glass not cleaned!
the cameras for the turn signals pop up in the side panels not the main screen

I just took deliver of 23'Air Pure AWD, delivery experience was beyond awful. Car had scuff marks, swirl marks all over. Driver seat had stains and discolouration and the worst was the Pilot panel which was scratched all over. They have assured all this will be resolved on by working with Service team, but boy it was the most horrible experience taking delivery of such an expensive, beautiful car.
Sorry to hear that, and I hope they make it right. For what it's worth, it's very likely the pilot panel scratches were in a protective film on the screen rather than the screen itself. The film is very hard to see, but it's meant to be peeled off just like the film you find on smartphone screens.
On a side note, when you push the turn indicators, doesn't camera feed from the side cameras pop up on the main screen to show vehicles in the bilndspot or is that feature exclusive to higher trims of the car?
Blind spot cameras appear on the "glass cockpit" to either side of your speedometer, if the car is equipped with DreamDrive Pro (or Premium, I think?). It's not specific to trims, but you need one of those packages.

The car has swirl marks all over. The driver seat has stains and discolouration. On top when I inspected the underbody in the from it has scratches dings after it a pot hole or something like that. I asked the manager how come a new car has so many swirl marks and asked him how long has the car been on the lot and he finally admitted it has been sitting g with them since 23 summer.
Sorry to hear that, and I hope they make it right. For what it's worth, it's very likely the pilot panel scratches were in a protective film on the screen rather than the screen itself. The film is very hard to see, but it's meant to be peeled off just like the film you find on smartphone screens.

Blind spot cameras appear on the "glass cockpit" to either side of your speedometer, if the car is equipped with DreamDrive Pro (or Premium, I think?). It's not specific to trims, but you need one of those packages.
I don't have Dream Drive Pro, maybe that could be the reason the bilnd spot cameras don't show up, but that is not what I was told by the salesperson who came for the test drive.

I checked and was confirmed to me by the manager that there is no protective film. He admitted it was a botched up by the detailer. I mean why would a new car need detailing?

I checked and was confirmed to me by the manager that there is no protective film. He admitted it was a botched up by the detailer. I mean why would a new car need detailing?
Perhaps it got dirty on the transport truck.

No, apparently this car has been sitting in the service/delivery centre since last summer.

Sorry to hear that. Check to be sure the Pilot Panel doesn’t still have its protective plastic cover on it. Most of us had our cars delivered with that thin layer of film on it, which could easily get scratched. It peels off.

I thought my screen was scratched, too. The layer doesn’t have a tab or anything to indicate it’s there unless you look really closely at the edges.

Anyone know what the button inside the frunk does, on a Pure? I pressed it several times and nothing happens.

Back