Just got your Air? Common questions answered!

Unless you use a Samsung S22 (or later, perhaps others too) with Android 12 (or later, perhaps others too)... then the phone app only unlocks the car if you open the app (it will not work in the background). This is a known (but not solved) problem.

I wish that they had used UWB (Ultra Wide Band) BT such that they could delay unlock until you were 2-3 feet from the door, and avoid powering the car up to drive mode unless you were at the driver's door (etc). I don't know if UWB BT can be done with the existing hardware or not.
I don't know for sure, either, but I highly suspect not. UWB usually involves special hardware. And if they had included it, they'd be using it.

I wish that they had used UWB (Ultra Wide Band) BT such that they could delay unlock until you were 2-3 feet from the door, and avoid powering the car up to drive mode unless you were at the driver's door (etc). I don't know if UWB BT can be done with the existing hardware or not.
UWB uses 3 to 10 GHz with most suppliers using 6 to 9 GHz. There is nothing in this band that is listed int the FCC compliance section of the manual.

But I guess the question is what’s different about the Lucid that causes this? I’m on my 4th EV (MS, i-Pace, e-Tron and i4) and never had an issue with dead fob batteries, regardless of where I had the fob.
To be fair, several of those don’t utilize any battery until you actually press a button on the fob or the car itself. The Lucid fob is constantly looking to see if the car is nearby.

I’ve owned my GT for 3 months now, 1800 miles trouble free driving, and I never use the key fob, don’t even carry it, my iPhone and digital key have worked flawlessly, walk up to the car it unlocks Gideon put it in drive and go, but lately, now for several days in a row, it’s been asking me for an access code, five digit access code before it lets me drive. Why has this changed? Can anyone help me? I would rather it didn’t do this like it didn’t for my first three months.

I’ve owned my GT for 3 months now, 1800 miles trouble free driving, and I never use the key fob, don’t even carry it, my iPhone and digital key have worked flawlessly, walk up to the car it unlocks Gideon put it in drive and go, but lately, now for several days in a row, it’s been asking me for an access code, five digit access code before it lets me drive. Why has this changed? Can anyone help me? I would rather it didn’t do this like it didn’t for my first three months.
I have the same problem. Never had an issue for 3 months until the latest upgrade. Used to be too sensitive in opening the car but now it’s completely opposite.

Have you tried to delete the mobile key and add a new one?

I have the same problem. Never had an issue for 3 months until the latest upgrade. Used to be too sensitive in opening the car but now it’s completely opposite.
Exactly the same for me!

On your phone, is Bluetooth on, and does the Lucid app have permissions to access Bluetooth at all times? At one point I turned one or the other off, forgot about it, and had this problem.

To be fair, several of those don’t utilize any battery until you actually press a button on the fob or the car itself. The Lucid fob is constantly looking to see if the car is nearby.
As I recall my MS looked for the car and I replaced the batteries once in 2 years. I seem to recall though I may have turned off that feature because it’s behavior (constant locking & unlocking) was annoying. So you may be correct.

It's interesting that some of you are having lock/unlock issues, too. I only have had my car for 3 weeks but noticed the fob and mobile key both being inconsistent with locking/unlocking. Yes, I tried them separately, changed the battery on the fob, deleted and repaired the mobile key, turned bluetooth off and back on etc... Sometimes the fob worked pretty well. Other times I had to stand next to the car for 10-15 seconds before it unlocked. I also noticed that pressing the button on the fob rarely worked unless I was standing next to the car and even then it didn't work all the time. Rn my car is in for service and they are checking all of these things for me (along with body work). I'll let you know what they say when they return my car.

If the car weren’t so much dam fun to drive, we all would be pissed off, as it is these intermittent variety of little software problems seem almost funny, I’m really not complaining when I say I don’t think will ever have a car that operates smoothly and without weird issues, popping up more often than most legacy carmakers

The car is so great to drive that we expect the rest of the experience to be just as amazing. When those things are just OK, it’s jarring.

I forgot to set my lucid app location to be always on when I switched over to the mobile key recently. That’s the reason I was having an issue. Now my mobile key works well.

It's where a tow truck can jump the car in event your battery died or something. It just unlocks the doors and allows access to the 12 batteries.
I had to go through this process when my 12V system went dead. I never did figure out why the 12V system went dead. What charges the 12V system? I was assuming it was topping up from taking a portion off the main power pack or during the times it is plugged in.

We should really consolidate stuff into 1 post so I'll be updating this post with info for new owners on common questions we see on these forums. Please add to the information in this post and I will update it accordingly. Also, correct me if I'm wrong!

Q: How to reset the car?
A:
Spoke with lead service tech in BH. The turn signal reset method is the "official" method suggested to reset the car. Steps are as follows: 1) Exit Vehicle, 2) Turn on turn signal, 3) Lock car, either by fob, key card, mobile key, or pushing handle, 4) Wait until turn signal stops blinking. This puts the car into the sleep state and should initiate the reset sequence.

The second method involves taking the key card out. Use your key card to lo k the car by placing it underneath the camera on the driver side B pillar. Walk away from the car for 15 minutes. You must ensure no fob or mobile key is near the car during this reset period. This is synonymous with turning the car off and on.

Q: What are those black spots in the headlights?
A:
Lucid has said these block spots are intentional as a means to reduce glare for oncoming drivers.

Q: How do I engage Launch mode?
A:
Put your vehicle into Sprint mode. Push hard on the brake. Next, Push hard on the accelerator. On the center driver panel, the left side of the screen you will see a California Bear and "Launch Mode Activated" and it turns blue. Let go of the brake and enjoy!

Q: How do I setup Electrify America to charge?
A:
When you pick up your vehicle, the Lucid rep will handle setting up your car to be linked to Electrify America for Plug & Charge.

Q: How do I initiate a charge on Electrify America?
A:
You SHOULD be able to just go to an EA station and plug the charging cable into your car. IF this does not initiate the charge and you get a billing screen, go into your Lucid App. Under the charging section you will see "Electrify America". Simply select the station number and initiate the charge via the Lucid App otherwise, if you initiate it through the EA App, you will be charged. Alternatively, you can also initiate charging through the charging tab on the pilot panel.

Q: Why are my fans running so loud while charging (either Lvl2 or Lvl3 DCFC)?
A:
The BMS (Battery Management System) wants to keep the batteries cool. It does this by using a combination of fans and coolant pumps. When you DCFC your car, it generates A LOT of heat for the battery pack and the fans and pumps will be trying to cool the pack down for quite some time afterwards. This leads to a significant loss in range if you just DCFC and park in your garage soon after.

Q: What is the yellow Alexa/notification bar on the right driver panel?

A:
The yellow Alexa bar is an indicator that the voice assistant has something to tell you. Specifically, it means that you have a reminder, a notification, or a message to receive. You can ask Alexa to "play messages" or "check notifications" to get rid of the yellow bar, or log into your Alexa app to modify your notifications. Your music may have lowered and stayed at that level if you had notifications still pending. I would suggest clearing your notifications to see if your music starts playing correctly.

Q: My car is completely dead, where can I jump it to open the doors?

A:
The jump point to unlock the doors is in the rear passenger wheel well behind the felt liner. Once the doors are unlocked, the 12V batteries can be jumped from either the trunk or under the back bench seat.

Q: Is there a dog mode?
A:
There is a mode called Cabin Temp Hold
. It is Activated on the climate menu (the fan blade icon) and on the upper row it is the icon with a thermometer and clock. It will keep your cabin temp (as long as you have enough battery) for 45 min. Note: if you start to drive and forget to disable the function, after the timer is up it will stop the AC cooling and you will need to manually resume it. There is no on screen display to show that the car is indeed in cabin hold mode.

Q: How do I use the FOB?
A:
There are currently (8/1/22) 5 functions for the key fob.
1) Press Once - Lock. If you do this again, you will hear the horn honk.
2) Press Twice - Unlock
3) Press 3 times - Alarm activates
4) Press + Hold - Frunk Open/Close
5) Pres Once + Press + Hold - Trunk Open/Close

Q: Where is the cigarette 12v port?
A:
The plug is located in the trunk, passenger side, underneath the flap. The tow hook is also attached to that flap.

Q: How do I know an update is available and install a software update?
A:
A software update or Over The Air (OTA) update will download into your vehicle prior to notification. This can be done via WiFi (if you keep it on) or via cellular data. When the update is available, you will either receive a Push Notification (if enabled) in your Lucid App or you will see a red dot adjacent to the settings tab (gear icon) on the lower portion of the Pilot Panel. If the update does not seem to be installing remotely via your app, it would be wise to initiate the install via the Pilot Panel inside the car itself.
I am taking delivery of a 23 air pure AWD Dual motor. Does this vehicle have an heat pump and how does the range compare winter to summer?

I am taking delivery of a 23 air pure AWD Dual motor. Does this vehicle have an heat pump and how does the range compare winter to summer?
It does not have a heat pump. Range will be worse in cold weather than it is in warm weather. Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

Thank you, sir. Much appreciated. The website is very useful. I am coming out of a Tesla so really anxious about range, drop in range and overall reliability. How has your experience been so far?

Thank you, sir. Much appreciated. The website is very useful. I am coming out of a Tesla so really anxious about range, drop in range and overall reliability. How has your experience been so far?
I live in San Diego so cold weather is not an issue. I have several videos about range on the website.

I’m in Colorado. While there definitely is a difference in winter, I still get very good range.

Back