Just got the Call about car is ready to pickup

deadFX

Cars
Air Touring, Tesla 3
Just got the unexpected call that my Air Touring is ready to pick up. Didn’t think it would be ready to next week. The car arrived on Tuesday from the factory and they were telling me that it could be 4-5 days before it went through inspections and detailing. They are sending me a Lyft Lux to come pick me up. Wish me luck!

Just got the unexpected call that my Air Touring is ready to pick up. Didn’t think it would be ready to next week. The car arrived on Tuesday from the factory and they were telling me that it could be 4-5 days before it went through inspections and detailing. They are sending me a Lyft Lux to come pick me up. Wish me luck!
Cool, first batch of Touring deliveries!

What was the time between the docusign and this call?

Took the delivery with no issues in West Palm Beach. 5 guys standing outside waiting for me. Most were from CA that have been sent over to help train and supplement local staff. All went well. The team was enthusiastic and did a great job. Sounds like i was the first Touring here in SFL at least here in WPB. I got lucky that I got someone else’s cancellation. I don’t think i would have received this year if not for this. It was big for me for the tax credit, otherwise I might not have moved forward. There were mny cars on the lot. Probably AGT’s From the emails that I get they are trying to move them. Many to be had if you want one down here!

Interesting. I just got my docusign today but I didn't even look at it until about 20 minutes ago. I didn't even get a call. How far are you from the car?
About 15-20 mins from the service center where I picked it up.

Took the delivery with no issues in West Palm Beach. 5 guys standing outside waiting for me. Most were from CA that have been sent over to help train and supplement local staff. All went well. The team was enthusiastic and did a great job. Sounds like i was the first Touring here in SFL at least here in WPB. I got lucky that I got someone else’s cancellation. I don’t think i would have received this year if not for this. It was big for me for the tax credit, otherwise I might not have moved forward. There were mny cars on the lot. Probably AGT’s From the emails that I get they are trying to move them. Many to be had if you want one down here!
About 15-20 mins from the service center where I picked it up.
That's interesting. I guess I'm a bit confused. I just got the first docusign today - looked it over a few minutes ago - but I haven't paid anything. Did you just get your first set of docusign documents and then wire-transferred money or had the financing ready? Aside from my committing on 10/27 I haven't really had any contact with anyone from Lucid. I'm just curious. Like you - the 7500 is a bit of an incentive.

That's interesting. I guess I'm a bit confused. I just got the first docusign today - looked it over a few minutes ago - but I haven't paid anything. Did you just get your first set of docusign documents and then wire-transferred money or had the financing ready? Aside from my committing on 10/27 I haven't really had any contact with anyone from Lucid. I'm just curious. Like you - the 7500 is a bit of an incentive.
I'm also curious - I assume you drove the GT prior to delivery - is it essentially similar driving?

i did the docusign, picked up a cashiers check from my HELOC and dropped it off Wednesday. Got the call to pick up car next day. I did test drive AGT. Felt the same in my extremely limited time with the car.

From my original reservation in January I heard from team every few months. Mostly ignored them, but when i got call about Test drive i dropped hint that I might not move forward unless I got car this year. I dropped the ball in not making firm order prior to the law change. After the test drive I dropped hint again that it need to happen this year or I would most likely cancel as my previous car was lease and just ending and I needed to make decision. Having the tax credit and the previous pricing kept me in wait and see mode. I got call beginning of Nov, like a week after I did test drive, that I could place the order. It sounding like it might happen this year. i choose all options that didn’t say 1Q2023 or later. But then after not hearing anything I made call after Thanksgiving asking what was happening. Nothing had progressed at all. Talking again with the associate it was sounding like end of January at the earliest. i said I would probably have to cancel. That seemed to get fire going. They found me an almost identical car except with light interior instead of Tahoe that some else cancelled and was still being in AZ. Didn't really care as we wanted dark interior but picked Tahoe b/c Mohave was 1Q2023. So all worked out in the end. i didn’t have a lot of faith that it would to be honest, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Next problem, what to do with Cyber Truck reservation if it come next year!

What was the time between the docusign and this call?
Since I can't get my DA to respond to any of my inquiries, I'm still struggling to understand how the final documentation and payment process works. Curious as to what the Docusign reference is? Should I expect to get an email requesting I Docusign something before they ship to the Delivery Center? I've seen references to using an ACH process to do electronic payments, but I'm assuming that needs to be coordinated through my financial institution...

From my original reservation in January I heard from team every few months. Mostly ignored them, but when i got call about Test drive i dropped hint that I might not move forward unless I got car this year. I dropped the ball in not making firm order prior to the law change. After the test drive I dropped hint again that it need to happen this year or I would most likely cancel as my previous car was lease and just ending and I needed to make decision. Having the tax credit and the previous pricing kept me in wait and see mode. I got call beginning of Nov, like a week after I did test drive, that I could place the order. It sounding like it might happen this year. i choose all options that didn’t say 1Q2023 or later. But then after not hearing anything I made call after Thanksgiving asking what was happening. Nothing had progressed at all. Talking again with the associate it was sounding like end of January at the earliest. i said I would probably have to cancel. That seemed to get fire going. They found me an almost identical car except with light interior instead of Tahoe that some else cancelled and was still being in AZ. Didn't really care as we wanted dark interior but picked Tahoe b/c Mohave was 1Q2023. So all worked out in the end. i didn’t have a lot of faith that it would to be honest, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Next problem, what to do with Cyber Truck reservation if it come next year!
We're in a remarkably similar situation. I made my Lucid reservation 9/20 - so I've been there for a while. I got a call in October saying to get ready but I didn't think anything about it, then I got an email to confirm - and a call. I went ahead and locked everything in - except I had opted out of the DDP because I hadn't even driven the car yet - the showroom in Plano hadn't opened yet, blah blah blah. I told them - as soon as I can drive the car I'll make a more firm commitment. The showroom opened and just by accident - the day it opened I saw it on their site so I called and went to Plano and test drove the GT. Spent about 30 minutes on the drive. Answered most of my questions abut the distinction between the T and the GT. Then... I got a call saying if I upgraded to DDP I could possibly get it by year end. And that was a fairly big deal because it's really a net 1500 difference after the tax break.
Yesterday I got the DocuSign and it has a VIN and indicates there are 200 miles on the car - but still no call so I don't even know if the car has been manufactured or that's just the "it's going to be manufactured". I'll call today to see.
I also have a few different reservations. I have a Rivian R1S with a window of June/September but that could easily change - probably to a later date. However, the R1S's are selling for quite a premium on the secondary market.
I have a very early Cybertruck reservation but I don't have a lot of confidence in it being available until 2024. And I have a Lightning reservation that likely wouldn't be available until 2024.
At any rate - enjoy you Air!

Since I can't get my DA to respond to any of my inquiries, I'm still struggling to understand how the final documentation and payment process works. Curious as to what the Docusign reference is? Should I expect to get an email requesting I Docusign something before they ship to the Delivery Center? I've seen references to using an ACH process to do electronic payments, but I'm assuming that needs to be coordinated through my financial institution...
Those are all good questions and, to be honest, I don't know. I'll call them in a bit to get clarification. The DocuSign basically has the final details on the car - VIN, Mileage (in theory) etc. Essentially just asks if you're in AZ and work there etc (probably some sort of legal tax crap). And insurance info. But it doesn't have anything about financing or money transfer. And, since no call - I have no idea if the car is real and complete or sitting on the assembly line.

Thanks. I did read that Lucid seems to default to 200 miles on their initial documentation but when delivered your car’s mileage is down in the double digits…

Those are all good questions and, to be honest, I don't know. I'll call them in a bit to get clarification. The DocuSign basically has the final details on the car - VIN, Mileage (in theory) etc. Essentially just asks if you're in AZ and work there etc (probably some sort of legal tax crap). And insurance info. But it doesn't have anything about financing or money transfer. And, since no call - I have no idea if the car is real and complete or sitting on the assembly line.
Yes. There are two possible rounds of digital signing to get through. If you are financing through Lucid, you will get a set of docs with all the financial stuff to sign. That will come first, and it will arrive via email. The address is not a Lucid Motors one, so watch your spam folder.

The Docusign everyone gets is the one @dolphinsafe mentions above. The one with the weird Arizona stuff.

The first one came a few days after I applied for financing. (There were a few phone calls in between for clarification.)

The second Docusign didn’t happen until a few days after I confirmed all the finance stuff. And it was a few days after that I got the call that my car was done PDI and on its way to Colorado.

Back