Jon video is out

Great review! On the Wireless Charging, Lucid should've known better. I've got the same issue in my Audi but it was installed before Apple moved the coil so on the newer iPhones i'm fumbling it around to get it to start charging. Lucid doesn't have that excuse because they had ample opportunities to test this on the newer iPhones etc.

Last edited:
Very well done and comes across as a fair and honest review. You nailed it!

Great review! On the Wireless Charging, Lucid should've known better. I've got the same issue in my Audi but it was installed before Apple moved the coil so on the newer iPhones i'm fumbling it around to get it to start charging. Lucid doesn't have that excuse because they had ample opportunities to test this on the newer iPhones etc.
Agreed.

@Jon_Rettinger As a prospective buyer, I was excited to see your Lucid video drop. I appreciate your high quality video. Please keep us updated.

@Jon_Rettinger, are you pushing it all the way down? I have an iPhone 13 Pro (not max) and while I have to push it with some force it does charge regularly if I push it down into the slot (which is what service told me I should do). It is meant to be *very* snug so that it doesn’t move around.

Also, this is my least favorite piece of design and I’ve complained about it too.

@Jon_Rettinger, are you pushing it all the way down? I have an iPhone 13 Pro (not max) and while I have to push it with some force it does charge regularly if I push it down into the slot (which is what service told me I should do). It is meant to be *very* snug so that it doesn’t move around.

Also, this is my least favorite piece of design and I’ve complained about it too.
Yes. I tested the Pro and that worked way better. The coil location on the Max doesn't hot the charger.

Looks like Jon is actually saying its a mistake not to buy this car. Test driving an EQS next week and then a GT two days later, will post my thoughts.

Thank you!
Thank you Jon…I haven’t had my car as long as you and I haven’t had as many issues…but appreciate you keeping it real and honest…for those who want a great driving car you nailed it…people forget that many exotic cars that have all the technology that is built in Lucid or other EV’s…you don’t see those Exotic car owners complain about software or automated driving because those type of cars don’t have those features…they are purely driving machines….that is what matters in my opinion

Thanks! Excellent video with the strengths and shortcomings.

@Jon_Rettinger Great video. I like that you showed credits for the video at the start and had some b-roll at the end showing the crew. This was quite a production and giving them credit is good to see.

Back