RESOLVED Is motor whine normal?

I’m all for it
My MS makes no noise unless I’ve stomped on it
This is just enough to know you’re engaged
EV version of ICE revs?

Brand new owner here. I hear a noticeable howl or whine, rising and falling in pitch as the motor spins up or down. It’s not very loud, but I wonder if it’s normal or an indication of a problem. I never heard anything like it in my Tesla Model S. Am I alone?
The sound of my cars motor reminds me of formula e race car sounds. I kind of enjoy it. Hope I’m not the only one.

I find the whine of the front electric motor very annoying. I wish I could turn it off. That plus the fact that I can't get my Lucid to play my music means I'm stuck with only that constant whine. Ugh!

I hope the motor whine doesn't bother me too much. I think I should be fine.

At first it made me keep looking around for emergency vehicles. Am used to it now so it doesn't really register. Hope I never meet an ambulance at an intersection.

I hope the motor whine doesn't bother me too much. I think I should be fine.

Honestly, the motor whine is not a big deal at all. It hasn’t bothered me since I received the car. My advice is to not concentrate on it and with time, you’ll barely notice it.

Honestly, the motor whine is not a big deal at all. It hasn’t bothered me since I received the car. My advice is to not concentrate on it and with time, you’ll barely notice it.
Bothered me a lot at first. Still bothers me occasionally now. Much more noise than the EQS or Teslas.

Bothered me a lot at first. Still bothers me occasionally now. Much more noise than the EQS or Teslas.

Understand. I don’t have much to compare it to, as this is my first full EV.
When I have music off, it is noticeable, but for me it doesn’t detract from my experience.

Doesn’t really bother me but then when I drive the I Pace (also a two motor EV) I realize just how loud the Lucid is.

I too hear the whine, as i understand it, it’s audible only from the front engine, usually between 10-40 mph, and totally inappropriate for a $140k car. How about offering an option to use only the rear engine For city driving. Best would be a recall and fix the issue. My sons new all EV BMW does not whine, clearly a plus. Lucid should install sound deadening engine mounts!

I too hear the whine, as i understand it, it’s audible only from the front engine, usually between 10-40 mph, and totally inappropriate for a $140k car. How about offering an option to use only the rear engine For city driving. Best would be a recall and fix the issue. My sons new all EV BMW does not whine, clearly a plus. Lucid should install sound deadening engine mounts!
Kind of silly to ask for a recall on something that is not safety related. I love the whine. Secondly, the Lucid used permanent induction motors, so no disabling of any motors for any driving. Thirdly, this is something that was readily noticeable during any test drive.

When I test drove the car one of my first impressions was the whine was surprisingly loud. After 6 months of driving the GT and the entertainment system being reliable I can’t say that I ever hear the whine now.

Not a recall as such, but an option to have your car retrofitted. I’d go for that.

My GT has gotten quieter as I get more miles on it. I know part of it is because I have gotten use to some whine. I think part of it is the gears are seating in .

Back