iPhone MagSafe mount to replace OEM charging pad.

Is it stable in the cupholder, I tried one and due to the open side of the cupholder it wobbled
It has adjustable grip. I bought it but I didn’t like it, mainly bc the height covers pilot panel. I like to access to lower right area of screen to get to settings and the cup holder is in the way.

It has adjustable grip. I bought it but I didn’t like it, mainly bc the height covers pilot panel. I like to access to lower right area of screen to get to settings and the cup holder is in the way.
Thank you. Did you find a solution for a phone mount

Apparently there is some manufacturing inconsistency with the charge pocket for wireless phone charging. In our Dream Edition No. 154, my iPhone with its cover was very difficult to insert into or remove from the pocket to the point that I almost never used it. When that car was wrecked, I replaced it with Dream Edition No. 395. The same phone in the same cover slides easily into and out of the charging pocket of the later car, and the charging works fine.

As some buyers of later production cars are still experiencing the issue, it does not appear Lucid redesigned or enlarged the pocket between cars numbered 154 and 395. This seems to be the result of ongoing variance in manufacturing tolerances from unit to unit.

Apparently there is some manufacturing inconsistency with the charge pocket for wireless phone charging. In our Dream Edition No. 154, my iPhone with its cover was very difficult to insert into or remove from the pocket to the point that I almost never used it. When that car was wrecked, I replaced it with Dream Edition No. 395. The same phone in the same cover slides easily into and out of the charging pocket of the later car, and the charging works fine.

As some buyers of later production cars are still experiencing the issue, it does not appear Lucid redesigned or enlarged the pocket between cars numbered 154 and 395. This seems to be the result of ongoing variance in manufacturing tolerances from unit to unit.
It’s also possible the previous owner *did* use it; that compartment does seem to loosen a bit with use.

I have gone through several iterations of improving the useless wireless charging pad for my iPhone 12 ProMax in my GT. With the OEM charging solution, it is difficult to find the exact right spot for the phone, and even when I do so, it charges at only 5W. My previous solutions were working fine, but not as well integrated as I would've liked. Here are my requirements:
1. It is very easy and quick to position the phone.
2. The phone charges at the maximum possible rate without wires (15W).
3. The console cover can close while the phone is in place and charging.
4. It kind of looks like it was supposed to be there (i.e. no big suction or cupholder mounts sticking out).

My solution was to make a wedge shaped piece of 3-D plastic and mount a black iPhone Mag Safe charger (https://a.co/d/2JS2fJw) to it. Everything is put together with double-sided 3M tape and thus reversible. The phone holds on magnetically and road vibrations do not dislodge it.. This design satisfies all of the criteria!

Here's a picture of it for those interested. If anyone wants the G-code to print the little wedge or would like me to print one for them, please let me know. This will work for any iPhone 12 or higher.

View attachment 6456
can you make me one as well... thank you in advance !!

I have gone through several iterations of improving the useless wireless charging pad for my iPhone 12 ProMax in my GT. With the OEM charging solution, it is difficult to find the exact right spot for the phone, and even when I do so, it charges at only 5W. My previous solutions were working fine, but not as well integrated as I would've liked. Here are my requirements:
4. It kind of looks like it was supposed to be there (i.e. no big suction or cupholder mounts sticking out).

My solution was to make a wedge shaped piece of 3-D plastic and mount a black iPhone Mag Safe charger (https://a.co/d/2JS2fJw) to it. Everything is put together with double-sided 3M tape and thus reversible. The phone holds on magnetically and road vibrations do not dislodge it.. This design satisfies all of the criteria!

Here's a picture of it for those interested. If anyone wants the G-code to print the little wedge or would like me to print one for them, please let me know. This will work for any iPhone 12 or higher.

View attachment 6456
Bobby, please add me to the list. This is a great solution to a most vexing problem!

I think I may have to take @Bobby generous offer as well. I tried velcroing and using 3M command strips for a charging puck I bought directly to the rubber mat. This just doesn't work and will eventually detach from the rubber ... there's just not enough adhesion. I'm reluctant to use 3M VHB tape as the opposite may happen and I may have adhesive permanently on the rubber mat or the charging puck.

Well done! Two questions:

1) does the cover still close over, say, an iPhone 13 Pro or similar?

2) can you post the STL file or how would we otherwise get you to print us one? :)
borski,
- 1) yes, the cover should still close with a regular iPhone (not max)
- 2) I can print and send them (w/o the charger) for $35 (outside the continental US, it may be more)

Just wanted to say "thanks!" to all for their efforts on this solution, particularly @Bobby and @Jonnyc. I ordered a couple of wedges from CraftCloud per @Jonnyc's design and they work great. I couldn't find a suitable USB C splitter so, as others have done, went with an adapter to run the passenger-side puck from the USB A port; slower but still functional. And I added a splitter for when - as is often the case on road trips - the passenger wants to plug in an old-school cable to charge their 'phone while using it.

IMG_6921.jpeg

Just wanted to say "thanks!" to all for their efforts on this solution, particularly @Bobby and @Jonnyc. I ordered a couple of wedges from CraftCloud per @Jonnyc's design and they work great. I couldn't find a suitable USB C splitter so, as others have done, went with an adapter to run the passenger-side puck from the USB A port; slower but still functional. And I added a splitter for when - as is often the case on road trips - the passenger wants to plug in an old-school cable to charge their 'phone while using it.

View attachment 11748
So glad this worked out for you! And that seems like a smart setup splitter-wise. I’ve never used craft cloud but will give it a try now. I’ve got an old MakerBot and sometimes i”d love to see how things turn out with better equipment.

View attachment 11748

Bobby-
Is it still possible to get a couple of these wedges? I would like to try adding charging to both sides of the box. Let me know if I can pay you to defray the costs?

Bobby-
Is it still possible to get a couple of these wedges? I would like to try adding charging to both sides of the box. Let me know if I can pay you to defray the costs?
Happy to send you one. DM me.

I would like one as well if possible. Happy to pay but if you're still not accepting compensation, I'm also happy to make donation to charity in your name. Can you please remind me what charging puck fits your wedge? Thx!

I would like one as well if possible. Happy to pay but if you're still not accepting compensation, I'm also happy to make donation to charity in your name. Can you please remind me what charging puck fits your wedge? Thx!
DM me.

View attachment 6456

Bobby, thank you for your very innovative solution. If your generous offer is still available, I'd be interested in getting one as well. And I'd be happy to compensate you or your favorite charity for your time and effort.

Back