iPhone MagSafe mount to replace OEM charging pad.

That looks great! However there is an alternative solution. If you lift the bottom pad you will see four screws that hold the support bracket. Your the remove the 4 (7 mm Hexhead screws) and remove the bracket. I put the screws back for safe keeping and then replaced the pad. Now you can you can mount your iPhone Mag Safe charger directly. I am waiting for my iPhone Mag Safe charger and plan to use Alien Tape to secure it. The advantage that @Bobby solution using a wedge is that it puts the phone a more of an angle to make the screen a little more visible.

With the bracket removed I found that I lay your phone in place and it will charge, however that is fine when the car is stationary, but probable not when the car is moving.
Nice!!

The bigger phones will not fit and those that will work find the fit very tight making it difficult to get the phone inserted far enought to charge.
Understood, I have a Pro with a Mous case and the fit is secure.

That looks great! However there is an alternative solution. If you lift the bottom pad you will see four screws that hold the support bracket. Your the remove the 4 (7 mm Hexhead screws) and remove the bracket. I put the screws back for safe keeping and then replaced the pad. Now you can you can mount your iPhone Mag Safe charger directly. I am waiting for my iPhone Mag Safe charger and plan to use Alien Tape to secure it. The advantage that @Bobby solution using a wedge is that it puts the phone a more of an angle to make the screen a little more visible.

With the bracket removed I found that I lay your phone in place and it will charge, however that is fine when the car is stationary, but probable not when the car is moving.
I initially liked this idea better than the little wedge that I have so I removed the wedge, and proceeded as pictured. Unfortunately, at that angle, the rolltop cannot close while the phone is in there. So, I put the wedge back. If closing the rolltop is not important to you, then this is an easier solution.

I used this stuff: 3M Tape
I cleaned all surfaces with alcohol, then seated the wedge down so it rests on the existing (useless) phone holder.
With the MagSafe on the phone, I figured where to tape it to the wedge and did so. Ran the wires down the bottom edge and wound the excess around the handy little cleats Lucid gave us.
Bobby
Thank you again for making the wedges. I never received mine, when were they sent? Thanks again.

Hi Bobb
I have gone through several iterations of improving the useless wireless charging pad for my iPhone 12 ProMax in my GT. With the OEM charging solution, it is difficult to find the exact right spot for the phone, and even when I do so, it charges at only 5W. My previous solutions were working fine, but not as well integrated as I would've liked. Here are my requirements:
1. It is very easy and quick to position the phone.
2. The phone charges at the maximum possible rate without wires (15W).
3. The console cover can close while the phone is in place and charging.
4. It kind of looks like it was supposed to be there (i.e. no big suction or cupholder mounts sticking out).

My solution was to make a wedge shaped piece of 3-D plastic and mount a black iPhone Mag Safe charger (https://a.co/d/2JS2fJw) to it. Everything is put together with double-sided 3M tape and thus reversible. The phone holds on magnetically and road vibrations do not dislodge it.. This design satisfies all of the criteria!

Here's a picture of it for those interested. If anyone wants the G-code to print the little wedge or would like me to print one for them, please let me know. This will work for any iPhone 12 or higher.

View attachment 6456
Hi Bobby, I would love one for my GT. I’m willing to send you a payment for it, just let me know the amount. I live in Orange County and could meet you to pick it up if that helps. Thanks!

Hi Bobb

Hi Bobby, I would love one for my GT. I’m willing to send you a payment for it, just let me know the amount. I live in Orange County and could meet you to pick it up if that helps. Thanks!
If you will be in San Diego I’m happy to make you one. Otherwise, I can send it. I probably should start asking folks to Venmo the postage to me as the Lucid community grows… the first batch was on me!

I know there's not a lot of aftermarket for this car yet, but seeing as you can remove the 4 screws to remove the front part of the charger, there will be something better eventually. If anybody is bored and has 3D scanning/design skills, designing something that essentially covers up the existing charger with a piece that contains two magsafe chargers and bolts down would be pretty easy.

I know there's not a lot of aftermarket for this car yet, but seeing as you can remove the 4 screws to remove the front part of the charger, there will be something better eventually. If anybody is bored and has 3D scanning/design skills, designing something that essentially covers up the existing charger with a piece that contains two magsafe chargers and bolts down would be pretty easy.
I was thinking the same thing. Also, maybe Lucid will develop something with a better solution as well. But in the meantime, the community will step in!

I have gone through several iterations of improving the useless wireless charging pad for my iPhone 12 ProMax in my GT. With the OEM charging solution, it is difficult to find the exact right spot for the phone, and even when I do so, it charges at only 5W. My previous solutions were working fine, but not as well integrated as I would've liked. Here are my requirements:
1. It is very easy and quick to position the phone.
2. The phone charges at the maximum possible rate without wires (15W).
3. The console cover can close while the phone is in place and charging.
4. It kind of looks like it was supposed to be there (i.e. no big suction or cupholder mounts sticking out).

My solution was to make a wedge shaped piece of 3-D plastic and mount a black iPhone Mag Safe charger (https://a.co/d/2JS2fJw) to it. Everything is put together with double-sided 3M tape and thus reversible. The phone holds on magnetically and road vibrations do not dislodge it.. This design satisfies all of the criteria!

Here's a picture of it for those interested. If anyone wants the G-code to print the little wedge or would like me to print one for them, please let me know. This will work for any iPhone 12 or higher.

View attachment 6456
Android? Samsung Note 20 Ultra?

I would like one too... clever the way you ran the wiring...

Not sure what you're asking.... the mount I have is from iPhone.
Any options for folks who don't have iPhones?

Got them both installed!

44600488-19B1-47AC-A37C-FFD1B05A023E.jpeg

So happy with this solution. This tiny usb-c adapter worked great for the second one: Basesailor USB C Female to USB A Male Adapter 2Pack,Type C Charger Power Adapter for iPhone 11 12 13 Mini Pro Max,Airpods,iPad Air 4 5,Samsung Galaxy Note 10 20 S20 S21 FE Plus Ultra,Google Pixel 6 https://a.co/bFBKcWQ

Back