iPhone MagSafe mount to replace OEM charging pad.

Yes please @Bobby if there's a version for my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 that would be awesome. Payment and things not a problem!
I don’t know much about this. What kind of magnetic holders are available for that phone? Basically this little part just makes it so there’s a spot to stick the MagSafe holder on without the existing charger holder getting in the way.

Forgot to add, I do not need the solution as I am fine with my current phone, but I was just thinking that it might be a great solution to make it two sided charging.
Agree. If I wasn’t alone in the car most of the time, I would absolutely make a second one.

What a great solution. Please I would like one. Thanks so much for the offer

I don’t know much about this. What kind of magnetic holders are available for that phone? Basically this little part just makes it so there’s a spot to stick the MagSafe holder on without the existing charger holder getting in the way.
@Bobby seems like this should work with Samsung phones as well including the Z Fold series from the reviews and Q&As

@Bobby seems like this should work with Samsung phones as well including the Z Fold series from the reviews and Q&As
Remember, all I am making here is a piece of plastic. The purpose of it is to clear the little pocket at the base of the OEM wireless charging pad. Then I am sticking a magnetic charger made particularly for iPhones to it.

Remember, all I am making here is a piece of plastic. The purpose of it is to clear the little pocket at the base of the OEM wireless charging pad. Then I am sticking a magnetic charger made particularly for iPhones to it.
Noted. But upon reading about the product, seems like it works for Samsung phones also. See image below. Just one of the couple of places it mentions about being able to work with Samsung devices too
1667847655148.png

Noted. But upon reading about the product, seems like it works for Samsung phones also. See image below. Just one of the couple of places it mentions about being able to work with Samsung devices too
View attachment 6483
I’m sure it will work, I just wonder if the magnet will actually hold the phone up. There are magnets embedded in the iPhone to be compatible with that charger. If the magnet doesn’t work, the phone won’t stay on. However, you could certainly use the Wedge that I made and stick whatever magnetic charger you want to it.

I’m sure it will work, I just wonder if the magnet will actually hold the phone up. There are magnets embedded in the iPhone to be compatible with that charger. If the magnet doesn’t work, the phone won’t stay on. However, you could certainly use the Wedge that I made and stick whatever magnetic charger you want to it.
Great work @Bobby! Do you think you can post it to Thingiverse? (https://www.thingiverse.com/). If not, would be great if you can send over the g-code. Like you, tired of my 12 Pro Max not charging. Thank you!

I have gone through several iterations of improving the useless wireless charging pad for my iPhone 12 ProMax in my GT. With the OEM charging solution, it is difficult to find the exact right spot for the phone, and even when I do so, it charges at only 5W. My previous solutions were working fine, but not as well integrated as I would've liked. Here are my requirements:
1. It is very easy and quick to position the phone.
2. The phone charges at the maximum possible rate without wires (15W).
3. The console cover can close while the phone is in place and charging.
4. It kind of looks like it was supposed to be there (i.e. no big suction or cupholder mounts sticking out).

My solution was to make a wedge shaped piece of 3-D plastic and mount a black iPhone Mag Safe charger (https://a.co/d/2JS2fJw) to it. Everything is put together with double-sided 3M tape and thus reversible. The phone holds on magnetically and road vibrations do not dislodge it.. This design satisfies all of the criteria!

Here's a picture of it for those interested. If anyone wants the G-code to print the little wedge or would like me to print one for them, please let me know. This will work for any iPhone 12 or higher.

View attachment 6456
Great work! I would appreciate getting one as well. Let me know how you want to handle the logistics. Thanks!

Yes please. Do send one over for me as well. Lemme DM you!

Not sure if there’s a “new member” restriction on DMs, but I can’t find a way to do it… Can I purchase a pair of these, please? I’ve found a USB-C splitter that does dual power, and I’m dying to try it out!

Splitter cable

Not sure if there’s a “new member” restriction on DMs, but I can’t find a way to do it… Can I purchase a pair of these, please? I’ve found a USB-C splitter that does dual power, and I’m dying to try it out!

Splitter cable
You might be better off with a USB-A to USB-C converter instead of a splitter, which will cut charging speed in half.

USB adapter

Back