FEATURE Introducing RangeXChange V2V charging for Lucid

Can someone help me understand the usecase for V2V charging? Is there any benefit other than basically being able to jump start other EVs? I'd like to understand how people are using this technology for their own benefit. I would think if i have two EVs at home, i could just use the home charger to charge whichever car is low.
Blackout, for example.

Can someone help me understand the usecase for V2V charging? Is there any benefit other than basically being able to jump start other EVs? I'd like to understand how people are using this technology for their own benefit. I would think if i have two EVs at home, i could just use the home charger to charge whichever car is low.
Our Nissan Leaf, which my son uses, doesn’t have the range. If he needs to use the Leaf in the afternoon / evening when electricity is 82 cents /kW and had used much of the charge already during the day, I can charge from the Lucid and refill the Lucid at night when the power is cheap.

Our Nissan Leaf, which my son uses, doesn’t have the range. If he needs to use the Leaf in the afternoon / evening when electricity is 82 cents /kW and had used much of the charge already during the day, I can charge from the Lucid and refill the Lucid at night when the power is cheap.
that's an awesome usecase. Thanks for sharing. You're kind of using it like a powerwall in that case. Use your battery when electricity is expensive and wall when the power is cheap. Also $0.82 is crazy! I thought us PGE people in Northern CA had the highest peak rates.

I don’t know. Being kind to others in need isn’t a good enough use case?

I don’t know. Being kind to others in need isn’t a good enough use case?
If they give me the cable for free…sure. Will you pay me out of kindness to buy a cable? I’ll even V2V charge your car as a thank you :)

If my wife and I need to take both of our cars somewhere for some reason (kids, moving, who knows), it is nice to know that my much-longer-range Air DE can juice up her shorter-range Ioniq 5 to get us both to the next charger if needed.

The other use case is helping someone get just enough charge to get to a charger; I'm certain there will be times when I see a dead EV near, but not at a charging station, lol.

If my wife and I need to take both of our cars somewhere for some reason (kids, moving, who knows), it is nice to know that my much-longer-range Air DE can juice up her shorter-range Ioniq 5 to get us both to the next charger if needed.

The other use case is helping someone get just enough charge to get to a charger; I'm certain there will be times when I see a dead EV near, but not at a charging station, lol.
Makes sense. How much does the adapter cost? I put in my vin on the website and it says invalid vin. Lol. So I can’t even see it

Makes sense. How much does the adapter cost? I put in my vin on the website and it says invalid vin. Lol. So I can’t even see it
$125

You should reach out to customer service in that case. I copy and pasted my VIN from my profile so there was no risk of typos.

If they give me the cable for free…sure. Will you pay me out of kindness to buy a cable? I’ll even V2V charge your car as a thank you :)
I use to carry jumper cables in all my ice vehicles. I have almost exclusively used them to help others. Almost. I have had to ask for a jump in the past. Now I carry a capacitor based unit. With the capacitor based unit, unless the battery is 100% dead, you can provide yourself your own jump start. I bought the Lucid cable. Will it ever help me, I don't know. I'm certain at some point it will be of great help to either me or someone else. Thank you to Lucid for allowing us to make use of the Wunderbox for export.

Today you. Tomorrow me.

I just thought about another scenario. You and your friend who also owns electric car go to friends house for a party who dont own an electric car or have a level 2 charger/outlet. You friend with a lower range car might need just a few KWs to get home safely. You can then share some with him/her.

For the price of $125 plus tax you get full new mobile charger with two new plugs plus rangeexchange adapter. I think this price is just what lucid paying vendor to produce it. Compared to Tesla where they charge $45 for just nema 14-50 adapter, its really a steal.

Is anyone still seeing the vin bar on the lucid store? It’s blank for me now. Maybe they sold out?

Attachments

• IMG_5787.png
    IMG_5787.png
    504.2 KB · Views: 42
Is anyone still seeing the vin bar on the lucid store? It’s blank for me now. Maybe they sold out?
I just checked. VIN input is gone. Maybe they ran out. Try calling to see if they can still order one for you

I don't see anything other than the description (no price, "add to bag" button, etc.) .. I guess they're out of stock. .. ugh

It is a great deal. I love having two charging cables. Now I can leave one in the garage and one in the trunk. I will try charging my son’s Chevy bolt in a couple days.

It is a great deal. I love having two charging cables. Now I can leave one in the garage and one in the trunk. I will try charging my son’s Chevy bolt in a couple days.
i tried ordering one it said the inventory level was too low to fill my order. I guess that's a long way of saying out of stock

Back