I Thought This Is A Lucid "Owners" Forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! By popular demand we have instituted a Verified Owner badging system. It is completely optional. If you would like to have a verified owner badge shown by your username, please fill out the form. It will require a screenshot from your Lucid app that shows the VIN. Your personal information will not be shared. One of the moderators will review your submission and create your badge. Be patient… we are volunteers. The link is: https://www.ddsgp.com/lucidowners.html

I am not an owner... yet. I have a reservation and am anxious and excited to get one. I am on this forum to gather more information about the investment and a life changing event that is hopefully in my future. I can get that from reading reviews and watching videos, yes, but there is immense value in hearing from all of you. The pioneers that were brave enough to jump in before me. I lurk because I dont have much value to add at the moment, but I am also scouring this forum to get all the information that I can. You guys are brave and paid 100k+ to certainly earn a badge, I just feel like a second class citizen now. :confused::rolleyes:

I am not an owner... yet. I have a reservation and am anxious and excited to get one. I am on this forum to gather more information about the investment and a life changing event that is hopefully in my future. I can get that from reading reviews and watching videos, yes, but there is immense value in hearing from all of you. The pioneers that were brave enough to jump in before me. I lurk because I dont have much value to add at the moment, but I am also scouring this forum to get all the information that I can. You guys are brave and paid 100k+ to certainly earn a badge, I just feel like a second class citizen now. :confused::rolleyes:
This is exactly what I was hoping people wouldn’t say. We’ve had many requests from owners to have a special badge so they can easily separate owners from non-owners, especially in highly opinionated threads that tend to disparage the company or the car. This does not mean that you have any less privileges or respect on the forum. We hope you continue to enjoy using the forum and no doubt you’re going to love your car!

I don't need no stinkin' badge .... :cool:
Pfft, you're just jealous. :p

Seriously though, I like the verified owner badge. Especially since you don't need to be an owner to be in the "Members Only Lounge", which makes no sense to me (sorry Joe!). This way, you know if you are getting advice from someone who actually has real world experience with the car - and I don't mean a test drive!

No offense, but that is on you. It doesn't make one more or less important, it just means they have an actual car in their hands and know a lot more about it and can give a completely different insight on certain issues than someone who has simply read a lot, but doesn't have a car yet. Most of us are very excited to have more cars in the hands of owners - including you! However, there is a lot of misinformation and speculation out there. This is one way to help curb that.

Last edited:

I'd make the argument that the Verified Owner's badge is actually entirely for the benefit of users like you! We are not infallible, but I want to make sure that as you get more information about the car, you can differentiate when you're talking to someone who actually owns the car vs someone who does not. This does not automatically mean the non-owner shouldn't be trusted or should be ignored or should be treated second-class.

This is just directly in response to an uptick in trolls and perpetual fence-sitters who have an agenda.

Please don't feel less welcome, you are always welcome here. I hope you stay :)

Hey, welcome! I agree that feeling like a second class citizen sucks, and I promise that won’t be the case in actuality, even if you don’t have the fancy badge yet. Once you get the car you’ll get the fancy badge, but it can just as easily be described (at least for those of us with a DE) as “dumb enough to spend $170k on a car that may or may not work yet but looks cool and has lots of promise” which is hardly a “superior” stance. :)

It’s intended to be useful in terms of knowing if the information being posted is from someone who has actual experience with the vehicle, rather than someone who has read about it or is speculating. That’s all.

This is exactly what I was hoping people wouldn’t say. We’ve had many requests from owners to have a special badge so they can easily separate owners from non-owners, especially in highly opinionated threads that tend to disparage the company or the car. This does not mean that you have any less privileges or respect on the forum. We hope you continue to enjoy using the forum and no doubt you’re going to love your car!
Are going to verify people who have placed orders? Hold reservations?

Are going to verify people who have placed orders? Hold reservations?
No. Those that have been delivered vehicles and own them are the only ones verified for now. That doesn’t put anyone else down, it just means that they have direct experience with the vehicle.

This is, of course, subject to change. For now there are no plans to verify orders or reservations.

Your moderator group is very aware of this issue. There is no easy solution. We considered adding “verified owner” badges but that is hard to control and easy to manipulate. We are open to ideas.
Hey can we get a special badge for those of us whose cars were delivered with software version 1.04? 🤣 :eek:😇

Hey can we get a special badge for those of us whose cars were delivered with software version 1.04? 🤣 :eek:😇
I think your DE number verifies that.

Thanks to the mods for taking on this task. I now need to apply my badge to my Members Only jacket and replace the Lucid California Bear with one that has more authoritah

1AD82649-078C-4E38-A411-37A9CCC9D0D1.jpeg

Wait, I missed the memo on this feature. How do I get said badge?
Hello everyone! By popular demand we have instituted a Verified Owner badging system. It is completely optional. If you would like to have a verified owner badge shown by your username, please fill out the form. It will require a screenshot from your Lucid app that shows the VIN. Your personal information will not be shared. One of the moderators will review your submission and create your badge. Be patient… we are volunteers. The link is: https://www.ddsgp.com/lucidowners.html

I do think this is a great benefit. It provides no actual benefits for owners, but allows those who aren’t to get actual info. Great idea!

I am in an agreement with this as well. I get it, it's the internet and people can troll as much as they like. But it seems to defeat the purpose of this forum. Especially having multiple threads on Lucid vs. Tesla. First of all Lucid was never designed as a direct competitor to Model S, it was more to target the Mercedes EQS customers. People that are on this forum and owners of the Lucid will obviously be biased and justify their purchase, so why even bother being compared to other EV MFRs. There are plenty of internet blogs and Youtube videos that compare the two cars if you really care about the differences. It's like beating the horse with the same conversations again and again.

Almost seems like a waste of time to have multiple threads on the same topic under different names. Perhaps some of these should be consolidated and some be shutdown as well. If you cancelled your order and bought a Tesla or whatever, best of luck to you and your purchase and move on. The whole world doesn't need to know the reasons for your cancellation. People must have a lot of time on their hands to justify their reasoning. Or they must feel that the internet is their Mother-in-law and she (internet) must know all your decision making process.
Except there is a sub-forum here specifically for cancellation announcements ;). That probably encourages it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back