I Thought This Is A Lucid "Owners" Forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except there is a sub-forum here specifically for cancellation announcements ;). That probably encourages it :)
Upon a selling post, your badge shall now change to ex-owner or verified-quitter too.

Joking aside I appreciate the badge. I do think it has huge value for informational filtering.

Upon a selling post, your badge shall now change to ex-owner or verified-quitter too.

Joking aside I appreciate the badge. I do think it has huge value for informational filtering.
Informational filtering!! Exactly!!

I thought owning AGT 9 months and being this forum 8 months posting countless pictures of my AGT earned me badge automatically. Now have to post personal info? Is there a different color badge for owner with 2 Lucid? (Got another reserved for wife)

I thought owning AGT 9 months and being this forum 8 months posting countless pictures of my AGT earned me badge automatically. Now have to post personal info? Is there a different color badge for owner with 2 Lucid? (Got another reserved for wife)
You do not have to post your personal info. When you fill out the form, it is on a secure website that goes to me personally. After I verify it, we apply the badge. All the badges are the same color. If you do not wish to submit your information, no problem. Also no badge.

Hello everyone! By popular demand we have instituted a Verified Owner badging system. It is completely optional. If you would like to have a verified owner badge shown by your username, please fill out the form. It will require a screenshot from your Lucid app that shows the VIN. Your personal information will not be shared. One of the moderators will review your submission and create your badge. Be patient… we are volunteers. The link is: https://www.ddsgp.com/lucidowners.html
Is this the result of moderators confirming "trolls" who are actually masquerading an owners? And disseminating misinformed? (evidence please)

I think we're all big girls/boys here and can handle whatever is thrown our way...just MHO--we're only talking about a CAR....

Is this the result of moderators confirming "trolls" who are actually masquerading an owners? And disseminating misinformed? (evidence please)

I think we're all big girls/boys here and can handle whatever is thrown our way...just MHO--we're only talking about a CAR....
There is no confirmation process to be a member of this forum. It is open to anybody who signs up. Many folks requested having a verified owner process. Now, we have that. Simple as that.

You do not have to post your personal info. When you fill out the form, it is on a secure website that goes to me personally. After I verify it, we apply the badge. All the badges are the same color. If you do not wish to submit your information, no problem. Also no badge.
Different color was a joke.

Submitted. First time I posted my VIN online. Thought that was suppose be private.

Submitted. First time I posted my VIN online. Thought that was suppose be private.
It’s visible from the outside of your car. Can’t be that private.

It's not posted online for anyone except me. And anyone I tell.

VINs are honestly public information and easily available. You’d be surprised..

I recently had a discussion at work about this 😅

"Posting" something online is very different than submitting it via a private form.

Also, your VIN is clearly visible on the front of your car (in the Air, it's not even in the door jambs like they used to be in other cars, it's straight up visible on your windsheld, take a look).

There is no confirmation process to be a member of this forum. It is open to anybody who signs up. Many folks requested having a verified owner process. Now, we have that. Simple as that.
Got it .. Thx!
So does that mean no trolls posing as owners? That's very good to know...I've taken seriously the owners who post here...

Hello everyone! By popular demand we have instituted a Verified Owner badging system. It is completely optional. If you would like to have a verified owner badge shown by your username, please fill out the form. It will require a screenshot from your Lucid app that shows the VIN. Your personal information will not be shared. One of the moderators will review your submission and create your badge. Be patient… we are volunteers. The link is: https://www.ddsgp.com/lucidowners.html
i don't want to put my personal data (name/vin) on a random website (yes, i know vin is visible to everyone). this is how data leaks happen. companies collect info and store them. someone finds a vulnerability + get access to it and sell it to interested parties. i'm sure Bobby has good intentions here but i wish there's a different way to do this.

i don't want to put my personal data (name/vin) on a random website (yes, i know vin is visible to everyone). this is how data leaks happen. companies collect info and store them. someone finds a vulnerability + get access to it and sell it to interested parties. i'm sure Bobby has good intentions here but i wish there's a different way to do this.

What is your suggestion as an alternative?

-The website is not random, it is owned by me.
-The data is not stored after verification, it is permanently deleted.
-If you ever get calls offering you a car warranty, your VIN and personal data is already out there in the ether.
-The option is to not have the badge.

Got it .. Thx!

So does that mean no trolls posing as owners? That's very good to know...I've taken seriously the owners who post here...

I honestly think it's a good thing. The good news is that in discussions where potential buyers (people who are seriously interested in buying the car) can know for certain if the people they're talking to actually own the car, or are simply here to be skeptical and add ambiguity, especially those that seem to have some kind of agenda. Discussion is important, but I think it's a great idea that now new users can know they're getting responses directly from first-hand owners.

Not that we should treat anyone differently, of course! This particular owner's club comes with a pretty high cost of entry, and it's not for everyone. Some people can't justify the costs and end up choosing not to participate. Others are still deciding. But I think what really brings down the forum are the people that have no intention of buying the car but want to speak authoritatively on its issues, especially when the evidence for those issues comes from forum reports. We end up having silly discussions as to whether or not a certain problem exists, and to what degree it exists.

Essentially, I think the Verified Owner badge helps us provide users with the best experience. We have plenty of owners who are critical of the car (some to the extent that I don't agree with, but respect their right to their opinion) so it just provides a more realistic data set.

It's tough to balance. I think the forum mods do a pretty good job given they're just volunteers. I think eventually, given the high cost of entry, people who are perpetually on the fence will simply fade away and move to a different car, and that's totally fine! There's a ton of EVs coming out in the new year and I'd be psyched for anyone buying any EV at all.

What is your suggestion as an alternative?
maybe we can ask them to write username on a piece of paper and take a pic of it from your car's interior. if you guys think it's easy to fake lucid's interior, maybe ask for more pics with partial VIN number idk 🤷‍♂️not my idea. this is how swappa verify that the phone you're selling is indeed yours.

maybe other verified members can vouch for people whom they have met in real life 🤷‍♂️

-The website is not random, it is owned by me.
-The data is not stored after verification, it is permanently deleted.
-If you ever get calls offering you a car warranty, your VIN and personal data is already out there in the ether.
-The option is to not have the badge.
you're a random person on the internet Bobby :)

i'll stick with option 4 for now.

I don't need no stinkin' badge .... :cool:

I am not an owner... yet. I have a reservation and am anxious and excited to get one. I am on this forum to gather more information about the investment and a life changing event that is hopefully in my future. I can get that from reading reviews and watching videos, yes, but there is immense value in hearing from all of you. The pioneers that were brave enough to jump in before me. I lurk because I dont have much value to add at the moment, but I am also scouring this forum to get all the information that I can. You guys are brave and paid 100k+ to certainly earn a badge, I just feel like a second class citizen now. :confused::rolleyes:
Better than 3rd Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back