I get to see my new Air GT this Friday! But probably not drive it home.

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
Referral Code
U9GRC6K9
I have an appointment to pick it up this Friday. Which is my birthday, and I thought this would be a very nice birthday present. The problem is that 90% of the financing for this is coming from the insurance payment for the last one, and they are a week late sending my my check. I should get it early this week, but unless I can convince someone at the bank to let me use it without a seven day hold, I will not be able to pay for the car by Friday. So I called my DA in Costa Mesa to move it out a week. He called me back to say that Peter Rawlinson is going to be there that day and was going to help deliver the car. Which I'm still kind of amazed by. I guess not too many people buy a Lucid GT, crash it and buy another a couple of months apart. So we'll see how things work out. My DA said to keep in touch throughout the week and come up even if we can't drive it back. I'll be happy no matter what happens. I truly miss driving it.

I have an appointment to pick it up this Friday. Which is my birthday, and I thought this would be a very nice birthday present. The problem is that 90% of the financing for this is coming from the insurance payment for the last one, and they are a week late sending my my check. I should get it early this week, but unless I can convince someone at the bank to let me use it without a seven day hold, I will not be able to pay for the car by Friday. So I called my DA in Costa Mesa to move it out a week. He called me back to say that Peter Rawlinson is going to be there that day and was going to help deliver the car. Which I'm still kind of amazed by. I guess not too many people buy a Lucid GT, crash it and buy another a couple of months apart. So we'll see how things work out. My DA said to keep in touch throughout the week and come up even if we can't drive it back. I'll be happy no matter what happens. I truly miss driving it.
What's the spec of the new one?

Friday is a good day for a birthday. I hope that it works out.

I have an appointment to pick it up this Friday.

I'm trying to get some statistics from other California purchasers. How much time between getting your VIN assigned and (hopeful) delivery this Friday?

I'm also AGT, Zenith Red, DD Pro, not SS Pro, but Mojave interior.

I'm trying to get some statistics from other California purchasers. How much time between getting your VIN assigned and (hopeful) delivery this Friday?

I'm also AGT, Zenith Red, DD Pro, not SS Pro, but Mojave interior.
This was really quick. I reserved it on March 10th. This car was already in California, but hadn't been reserved for anyone yet.

We have the same spec GT. I’m so sorry but glad to read your family came out of that accident not hurt, especially against a formidable rock wall. Those pictures you posted made me feel relief Air is such a safe car to be in. Make sure give a long time out to your hubby on that new GT.

I am a very happy lady today. The insurance check came in yesterday, funds will be available tomorrow. I'm heading up to Costa Mesa Friday afternoon and driving home in the new car.
Wait, did Rawlinson come just for you? Dedication.

Word is, it’s the first stealth delivery… Anyone here?

Word is, it’s the first stealth delivery… Anyone here?
That would be nice to see. My DA said it was the first Pure delivery that night. Is that you, TakeDuo? I'm just really excited because until this morning, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen.

on The website, it says the Pure’s are “now delivering”

That would be nice to see. My DA said it was the first Pure delivery that night. Is that you, TakeDuo? I'm just really excited because until this morning, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to happen.
Yeah the Pure is me 😊. Not the overall first Pure but for the area I believe

I am a very happy lady today. The insurance check came in yesterday, funds will be available tomorrow. I'm heading up to Costa Mesa Friday afternoon and driving home in the new car.
Also picking up my Touring on Friday in Costa Mesa. See you there.

Sounds like a bunch of Costa Mesa deliveries to close out the quarter. Here’s to great Q1 delivery numbers from Lucid!

Back