I feel another update coming today....

Bobby, is there a reason you took the avocado update down from the website? Maybe making room for new update notes today? We are due for a meaningful update.

Bobby, is there a reason you took the avocado update down from the website? Maybe making room for new update notes today? We are due for a meaningful update.
To be fair, it's been not even a month since the last update. Compared to most of its competitors, Lucid moves incredibly fast.

However, I suspect that Bobby has an inside scoop, so I hope this is indeed an indicator of an incoming update :)

We are coming up on Thursday...could it be Android??? Just kidding, I have no clue, but love stirring the pot...

To be fair, it's been not even a month since the last update. Compared to most of its competitors, Lucid moves incredibly fast.

However, I suspect that Bobby has an inside scoop, so I hope this is indeed an indicator of an incoming update :)
To be fair, I didn't think adding a button to run the HVAC system with a message that says "my pet is ok" was a meaningful update. The last one would have been February 6th.

Maybe I've been spoiled by my Rivian updates...

To be fair, I didn't think adding a button to run the HVAC system with a message that says "my pet is ok" was a meaningful update. The last one would have been February 6th.

It's still a new feature, however small, and Lucid is definitely not #1 in this area. No doubt other EV makers are moving quickly. I am comparing Lucid also to the likes of Mercedes, BMW, Porsche...

Okay. So from here on, only updates that matter to YOU will count.

@Bobby, please consult @Ricetomeetyou from here on out to be sure the update actually means anything before updating your site. 😝

;)

I welcome all updates, I just wish a bit more than "pet mode" could be added after weeks of software developer work. I also understand that these updates can take a while because of certification/testing, so maybe this next release will include things that didn't make the cut last time.

;)

I welcome all updates, I just wish a bit more than "pet mode" could be added after weeks of software developer work. I also understand that these updates can take a while because of certification/testing, so maybe this next release will include things that didn't make the cut last time.
It won’t.

My dog was very very glad about that meaningless update. So was my not-broken-into car.

I think we're just spoiled by rivian updates. They pack like 4-5 major features almost every month + like 20 different enhancements/bug fixes. I think rivian is the leader right now in pumping out ridiculously big and fast updates, probably even faster than tesla (but tesla's software is already pretty mature at this point). Lucid is a far 3rd, but compared to legacy automakers, it's still better

You guys give
My dog was very very glad about that meaningless update. So was my not-broken-into car.
I get that the update may have been helpful for a few people. It was an easy one to knock off the "wish list" You guys act like you aren't allowed to love the car while still being critical of their software updates, or lack thereof. Maybe you don't want to upset them if you are part of their internal beta testing group.

Look at this update log below for when Rivian added pet mode. It isn't hard to see that updates by Lucid lack the "robustness" they always claim.

I think we're just spoiled by rivian updates. They pack like 4-5 major features almost every month + like 20 different enhancements/bug fixes. I think rivian is the leader right now in pumping out ridiculously big and fast updates, probably even faster than tesla (but tesla's software is already pretty mature at this point). Lucid is a far 3rd, but compared to legacy automakers, it's still better
Number of Rivian Employees: ~17,000.
Number of Lucid Employees: ~6500.

I should hope they are able to have somewhat higher output.

You guys give

I get that the update may have been helpful for a few people. It was an easy one to knock off the "wish list" You guys act like you aren't allowed to love the car while still being critical of their software updates, or lack thereof. Maybe you don't want to upset them if you are part of their internal beta testing group.

Look at this update log below for when Rivian added pet mode. It isn't hard to see that updates by Lucid lack the "robustness" they always claim.
Well...

I feel a need to set a few things straight here.
  • There is no owner-based "internal beta testing group." Beta testing is conducted completely by employees of Lucid.
  • I'm not sure who you mean "you guys" but if you are referring to people who are generally positive in their lives, then I guess I am happy to be part of that group.
  • You will find this forum, like pretty much every website on the Internet, is unfortunately skewed to the negative. No matter what Lucid does, there are always those that feel they could have done better. They have given us an unbelievable package: it's luxurious, fast, good looking, and efficient. Yet many, here and elsewhere, still feel it necessary to be highly critical. Many of the folks whom have been here a long time will agree that I personally have absolutely led the charge for software updates and bug fixes. That said, it can be done objectively and kindly without being "critical" (your word). For example, although I don't take my own dogs in the car, I am thrilled that others will now have that option.
  • I'd imagine a trip to the factory and or meeting with some of the executives, both of which I have done, will change your mind about how hard Lucid is trying to please their current and future owners. If you don't have that option, at least take a look at the history of updates they've done for this car. It is extensive.
  • As I have said many times, when you buy any product, especially a vehicle, you should evaluate it for what it is at the time of purchase. And then enjoy it based on such evaluation. Some of the software items you and others wish for may never come to fruition, even if long ago it was initially teased or even promised. This attitude will help you celebrate the advances as opposed to expect them. If you feel that Rivian is doing a better job to meet your needs as a car owner, I suggest you stick with them for all of your vehicles. Although Rivian and Lucid are both EV manufactures, they are completely separate companies with no relationship to one another. Pick the company you prefer. For me, software updates are welcome but not required for me to enjoy this car. My DB9 has never, ever had a software update of any sort. In fact, I don't think it has much software at all. But I love it nevertheless.
  • Many of us, as owners of vehicle of this caliber, have enjoyed charmed lives. Unfortunately, sometimes that leaks into an entitlement attitude. This is why we have tried very hard to curate this forum and keep it neighborly and friendly. Therefore, I caution you about being critical of others, especially your friendly volunteer moderator team.
Thanks for listening.

• There is no owner-based "internal beta testing group." Beta testing is conducted completely by employees of Lucid.
  • I'm not sure who you mean "you guys" but if you are referring to people who are generally positive in their lives, then I guess I am happy to be part of that group.
  • You will find this forum, like pretty much every website on the Internet, is unfortunately skewed to the negative. No matter what Lucid does, there are always those that feel they could have done better. They have given us an unbelievable package: it's luxurious, fast, good looking, and efficient. Yet many, here and elsewhere, still feel it necessary to be highly critical. Many of the folks whom have been here a long time will agree that I personally have absolutely led the charge for software updates and bug fixes. That said, it can be done objectively and kindly without being "critical" (your word). For example, although I don't take my own dogs in the car, I am thrilled that others will now have that option.
  • I'd imagine a trip to the factory and or meeting with some of the executives, both of which I have done, will change your mind about how hard Lucid is trying to please their current and future owners. If you don't have that option, at least take a look at the history of updates they've done for this car. It is extensive.
  • As I have said many times, when you buy any product, especially a vehicle, you should evaluate it for what it is at the time of purchase. And then enjoy it based on such evaluation. Some of the software items you and others wish for may never come to fruition, even if long ago it was initially teased or even promised. This attitude will help you celebrate the advances as opposed to expect them. If you feel that Rivian is doing a better job to meet your needs as a car owner, I suggest you stick with them for all of your vehicles. Although Rivian and Lucid are both EV manufactures, they are completely separate companies with no relationship to one another. Pick the company you prefer. For me, software updates are welcome but not required for me to enjoy this car. My DB9 has never, ever had a software update of any sort. In fact, I don't think it has much software at all. But I love it nevertheless.
  • Many of us, as owners of vehicle of this caliber, have enjoyed charmed lives. Unfortunately, sometimes that leaks into an entitlement attitude. This is why we have tried very hard to curate this forum and keep it neighborly and friendly. Therefore, I caution you about being critical of others, especially your friendly volunteer moderator team.
Thanks for listening.
I dont think you get enough appreciation for your unwavering focus and grounding over the — wow we’re in “years” territory now.

P.S. I really want the tours, but Lucid hasn’t made them easy to schedule 😞

Number of Rivian Employees: ~17,000.
Number of Lucid Employees: ~6500.

I should hope they are able to have somewhat higher output.
No way of telling how many of them are focused on software though. Given that Rivian produced 57,232 vehicles compared to Lucid's 8,428, many of those employees might be on the production/service/marketing side of things. Rivian has had to develop for 2 different (although software wise very similar) vehicles (R1T and R1S) while Lucid has only had to focus on 1 vehicle. I can't imagine either company needing more than a couple hundred developers to focus on software (maybe I'm, off on the number).

I get that the update may have been helpful for a few people. It was an easy one to knock off the "wish list" You guys act like you aren't allowed to love the car while still being critical of their software updates, or lack thereof.
Do I love and enjoy my car in it's current state? Yes. Do I wish for more and faster updates with more features? Yes. Am I critical of some of the quirks with my car? Yes.

I can be all of that but still choose to enjoy the car and be appreciative of any and all software updates (big or small) that makes the best car I've ever owned a little better.

Thanks for listening.
I appreciate the work you do for the group. I know Lucid sees the things you do for the forum and hope it continues to help push useful updates in the future. When I was referring to "you guys", I was referring to the fact that instead of acknowledging or even discussing the pace of updates compared to a very close competitor, I was met with condescending responses.

It was my understanding that several members of this forum have access to software earlier than the rest of us. Sorry if that was incorrect. Maybe some of you guys do work for Lucid :)

I LOVE my Rivian. I LOVE my Lucid. Not looking to get rid of it any time soon. I'm just spoiled to have one company put so much focus on software which helps continue making the vehicle new. It does make me feel a little entitled I guess, but then again, shouldn't we be allowed to expect more from a $100k car?

Actually Lucid has done pretty good job, considering…..patience is a virtue….

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
Back