Hyundai now more efficient than Lucid?

changinator

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Pure

their new ioniq 6 gets 4.93mi/kw with 381.5mi range and a 77.4kw battery pack vs lucid air gt's 4.61mi/kw with 516mi range and a 112kw battery pack.

Hyundai is now more efficient than Lucid?

Hope the Touring/Pure trims become more efficient, currently their numbers are less efficient than the GT.

Whatever energy saving from the purported improved efficiency will be more than wiped out by the market adjustment fee from the dealers.
My only experience with Hyundai was not good: local dealership wanted 3K above MSRP and 5K below CarMax for my trade-in. It was laughably absurd so I just thanked them and walked out. This was truly reminiscent of the car buying experience of the 70’s.

their new ioniq 6 gets 4.93mi/kw with 381.5mi range and a 77.4kw battery pack vs lucid air gt's 4.61mi/kw with 516mi range and a 112kw battery pack.

Hope the Touring/Pure trims become more efficient, currently their numbers are less efficient than the GT.
Note that the range figures quoted are from the European WLTP test. EPA range tests tend to result in figures quite a bit less than WLTP. I don’t think Lucid has released any WLTP test results yet.

In real life situations neither will get that kind of efficiency. In local driving I have not even seen 2Mi/kw and max 3.3 In Mixed driving. Who is consistently even getting 4 and enjoying the driving? For perspective I have everything going full blast and always gun it from a stop whenever I can. Most of my driving distance and efficiency look like this.
FCEE8E6F-4A09-46E3-9CD9-2203A7DB54D7.jpeg

In real life situations neither will get that kind of efficiency. In local driving I have not even seen 2Mi/kw and max 3.3 In Mixed driving. Who is consistently even getting 4 and enjoying the driving? For perspective I have everything going full blast and always gun it from a stop whenever I can. Most of my driving distance and efficiency look like this.View attachment 5341
Drive like a hooligan and get hooligan numbers!

In real life situations neither will get that kind of efficiency. In local driving I have not even seen 2Mi/kw and max 3.3 In Mixed driving. Who is consistently even getting 4 and enjoying the driving? For perspective I have everything going full blast and always gun it from a stop whenever I can. Most of my driving distance and efficiency look like this.View attachment 5341
Is one's enjoyment dependent on how sore their neck is? I love this car and love driving it, but I don't need speed to enjoy it. My average is 4.0, though I expect that to go up once cooler weather comes.

Mike's math: It will take me 10 years to drive 100,000 miles. I can switch to an Ionic 6 and save $16 dollars a year or I can just drive my DEP. All I have to do to break even is skip ordering a Big Mac with large fries once a year. ? Done.

I completely agree with you! The only time I actually drive for efficiency numbers is during a long drive when I want to try to make it with the least amount of charging possible. That accounts for probably 10% of my overall driving. The other 90% of the time I drive it like I stole it!

I am weighing an Ionic 6 vs my Lucid Air Pure order. Let's see which can be delivered first, and what the dealer price of an Ionic 6 will be.

I am weighing an Ionic 6 vs my Lucid Air Pure order. Let's see which can be delivered first, and what the dealer price of an Ionic 6 will be.
Good luck on mark up with their microchip shortage issues. Kia EV6 offered me +12k MSRP mark up and it’s not even top of line trim. I walked away didn’t even bother to counteroffer.

Good luck on mark up with their microchip shortage issues. Kia EV6 offered me +12k MSRP mark up and it’s not even top of line trim. I walked away didn’t even bother to counteroffer.
With that kind of markup , you're getting into to the Pure's base range, which is an entirely different class.

With that kind of markup , you're getting into to the Pure's base range, which is an entirely different class.
Yeah, which was why we found Polestar 2. We had online order in Austin, but surprised to find Houston has new Space just opened in recent 2 months and some inventory, AND -1k MSRP promo for 2022 clearance to 2023 incoming vehicles. Compare that to other legacy brands’ EV, it’s almost no brainer at that class level.

Yeah, which was why we found Polestar 2. We had online order in Austin, but surprised to find Houston has new Space just opened in recent 2 months and some inventory, AND -1k MSRP promo for 2022 clearance to 2023 incoming vehicles. Compare that to other legacy brands’ EV, it’s almost no brainer at that class level.
How do you like the Polestar 2? Does it have battery preconditioning?

It is the size of a Tesla Model 3 smaller and lighter weight I think. Clearly much light weight battery too. It is more of a challenge to Model 3.

I didn’t like the way it drove, for the price, but it was by no means a bad car. There are plenty available to test drive.

I didn’t like the way it drove, for the price, but it was by no means a bad car. There are plenty available to test drive.
I sat in Polestar 2. They have inventory BTW. It is too small and cramped. Did not bother to test drive. I anyway ordered Fisker Ocean Extreme 350Mile AWD with solar panel roof expected to start shipping in July though. For what it is worth I have a "binding agreement" before the new EV tax credit law happened.

Same here. I called a dealer about Ioniq 5 AWD Limited. MSRP $57k. Mark up $7k 3 months ago in July. That would be 64k. For 5k more Fisker Ocean Extreme AWD 350 mile range with solar roof to add 2k miles range per yr was a no brainer.

Last edited:
Don’t see too many around here yet. Didn‘t one of the earlier mods get one?
Saw a red Air today on Frank Lloyd Wright, 6 pm.

I don’t see that option. It’s solid built like Volvo.

Not same class as Air. It’s same class as model-3. If bare dashboard is not your thing, Polestar 2 is good alternative for small sedan from an EV company.

Pros:
- Android system
- Dashboard has great navigation map on top of Google infotainment navigation
- Great fit & finish
- Plenty of Android and Apple CarPlay apps
- SiriusXM
- Highly safety-oriented car like Volvo (audible sounds when backing, crash test performance, multiple ADAS level-2 safety)
- Scandinavian modern design

Cons:
- Weak range 260 miles
- No charging preconditioning
- 400V architecture fast-charging
- ICE chassis with transmission axel tunnel in rear passenger floor
- Tight cabin space
- Useless cup holders
- Minimal function in mobile app

Back