How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I agree as well. Speed is the greatest factor to efficiency. Driving style/acceleration comes next. Topography, wind, ambient temp also are important but secondary.
Like others have said here, real mountains fast aggressive driving make a scary difference. Not the puny New England @Bunnylebowski "hills". Denver to Avon 110miles, 5000 ft to 10,000 ft pass to 7000 to another 10000 pass to 8000, 90 mph. 80% SOC dropped to 30. A Taycan would not make it. Ask me how I know that.." I guess @Volund would opine: I drive like I stole it.....

I’m driving 55-65 mph on highways, and probably averaging in the 40s in the city. A couple of hills here and there, but mostly flat; and temp is SoCal so not extremes.
Similar @TrekTaken, I'm at 3000 miles, 4.8 mi/kWh; some freeways but mostly city driving in Southern California.

Attachments

• tempImageSTi3th.png
    tempImageSTi3th.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 94
Similar @TrekTaken, I'm at 3000 miles, 4.8 mi/kWh; some freeways but mostly city driving in Southern California.
Holy crap, what sorcery is this? Usually the car does better on highway than city efficiency due to the power required to get the car up to the desired speed.

Holy crap, what sorcery is this? Usually the car does better on highway than city efficiency due to the power required to get the car up to the desired speed.
IMG_0003.jpeg

When he drives his Air, he only drives downhill and gains energy.

Haha yeah I’d buy it over a couple hundred miles, I’ve done that. But over thousands, I’m impressed.

It would be interesting to see an efficiency graph of Lucid models showing the mi/kWh in relation to speed. It seems like many EVs are most efficient at 25mph.

It would be interesting to see an efficiency graph of Lucid models showing the mi/kWh in relation to speed. It seems like many EVs are most efficient at 25mph.
There was a group on YouTube that did over 700 miles in a Lucid. Lucid told them that 28 MPH would give the optimum range. So your number it spot on. Nobody will drive that speed so I am not sure why we care other that it is interesting trivia.

There was a group on YouTube that did over 700 miles in a Lucid. Lucid told them that 28 MPH would give the optimum range. So your number it spot on. Nobody will drive that speed so I am not sure why we care other that it is interesting trivia.
Apparently Sunman67 is. ;)

Haha yeah I’d buy it over a couple hundred miles, I’ve done that. But over thousands, I’m impressed.
This was a trip to Ashland, Nebraska from Greeley, CO on Oct 10 and 11, 938 mi. I never have keap track of my stats from day one of ownership and have used both trip sets. About 78 miles of trip was posted at 65 mph and set CC at 65. The remainder, 905 miles was posted at 75. I set CC at 70 with 19 inch tires and no inserts. I did drive around Lincoln, the next day after arrival to find charging station but, that wasn't many miles. I also had some pretty strong crosswinds at times on I-80 and the last 40 miles from Fort Morgan, CO to my home in Greeley was under slight rain, nothing deep. The last charge figures were the charging stats from the last charge at Fort Morgan, CO to my home in Greeley. I didn't have to use heat or A/C during the entire trip and had CC on the entire time.

Attachments

• 1st longer rode trip.jpg
    1st longer rode trip.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
So I have 19s w/aero covers on and city driving max speed ~45. This most recent charge I traveled ~25 miles in the highway using ACC set at 65 mph. There was no way I got up to 65 on SoCal highway, maybe 55 tops for about 2 miles 😆. Some spirited driving when I jump on the SR 90 (mini dragstrip) in swift mode passing all the Tesla’s 😂

My charging after 30 minutes of preconditioning on a 350 kWh EA station never is above 60 kWh for more than a moment starting from 40% SOC. (A local Pure owner pulls 300 kWh at the same 350 kWh charger.) So charging takes about a half hour to about 70%. Efficiency is in the low 2s at best with no elevation change in mid 30 degree temperatures. Average speed around 45 and never over 75 in brief interstate runs with very judicious acceleration. Much better efficiency in warmer temperatures. After 14,500 miles only 3.3 miles per kWh over my first 12 months.

I love my AGT but believe that my charging system experience is not normal or to spec. Charging deficiency excludes multiple electronic and body manufacturing defects and 12 weeks in a Lucid service center in my first 10 months of ownership. Wish I could leave a more positive report. Despite my experience the car is a phenomenal vehicle and I trust that Lucid will resolve my car’s obvious problems. All Lucid staff has been responsive, polite and have done their best.

Like others have said here, real mountains fast aggressive driving make a scary difference. Not the puny New England @Bunnylebowski "hills". Denver to Avon 110miles, 5000 ft to 10,000 ft pass to 7000 to another 10000 pass to 8000, 90 mph. 80% SOC dropped to 30. A Taycan would not make it. Ask me how I know that.." I guess @Volund would opine: I drive like I stole it.....
Well, in July I charged in Frisco then drove to Leadville and back to Broomfield, about 100 miles, and got 4.2 miles per kWh. Also, there is nothing puny about the hills in NH of VT except that those roads are not crowded like those in CO, but there can be a big difference in driving habits. I can attest to the amazing canyon capabilities of my AGT relative to my 991 Turbo S from 30 mph and above based on my first few months of ownership in southern NH last year. It is phenomenal. Hey, you want to dance then you pay the piper with efficiency loss.

With temperatures dropping, I’m plateauing as expected…

7000 miles = 4.844 miles/kWh

Attachments

• IMG_1310.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 54
Wow, how is that even possible???!!!!
His daily commute is at 28 mph

With temperatures dropping, I’m plateauing as expected…

7000 miles = 4.844 miles/kWh
Plateauing followed by 4.844 mi/kwh is hugely ironic

Yeah, you are already in the Lucid history books!

I have one of the first Pure AWD at 11000 miles but I'm only getting 3.37 mi/kwh average. Most of my trips have been 3.2 mi/kwh mixed but mostly city driving in Los Angeles, Southern California. At 70mph HA, I get 3.4-3.6 mi/kwh on average. How are you getting such good numbers??

Back