How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never had a break in period, but I was also early on in production. Over 12k miles, I'm averaging 3.1 mi/kwh and that is pretty good. I don't pay attention to anything when I drive and the car had enough range to do whatever you want. DEP 21" wheels, no aero covers.
Same here. No break in period. I’ve seen significant differences base on where I’m driving (likely a combination of elevation, weather, etc). Florida Keys nabbed me between 3.4-3.7 mi/kWh versus Orlando/Miami/Daytona nabbing me 2.4-3.0 mi/kWh. Same average driving speeds, habits, traffic and such when testing.

My average has consistently been 2.9 after about 5,000 miles of driving on 21” wheels in Florida. AGT.

Under the same conditions, and after draining my battery through some range tests from 100-2%, I can confidently note that my 580 EQS did get a sliver of better range and was more consistent under the same conditions. Both 21” wheels.

Last edited:
Seems like 21inch is significant less efficient than 19. My is around 3.1 mile/kWh for mixed highways

Seems like 21inch is significant less efficient than 19. My is around 3.1 mile/kWh for mixed highways
They are. But they’re way prettier and handle better. :)

(I have both, for this reason - for road trips, I swap on the 19s)

Do you swap them or do you head over to service center? I was considering getting a set of 20s when they come out.

I have over 6300 miles on my 19” wheels with a lifetime average of 4.2 mi/kWh. Multiple times exceeding 4.5-4.6, done a 450 mile road trip on a single charge. I drive in smooth, have only used sprint mode like 3 times, never launched it. I bought this thing to maximize range, been a lot of fun for me testing it all out. And knowing I have the power there whenever I want it 🤷‍♂️

Do you swap them or do you head over to service center? I was considering getting a set of 20s when they come out.
Mobile service does it and just charges for an hour of labor. Can’t do it yourself yet because they have to reset the TPM sensors, etc. Super quick and convenient to have mobile service do it tho.

I have over 6300 miles on my 19” wheels with a lifetime average of 4.2 mi/kWh. Multiple times exceeding 4.5-4.6, done a 450 mile road trip on a single charge. I drive in smooth, have only used sprint mode like 3 times, never launched it. I bought this thing to maximize range, been a lot of fun for me testing it all out. And knowing I have the power there whenever I want it 🤷‍♂️
We… have different needs. :) I like having both options.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! And it is defined so many ways....sight, personality, range... I'm just saying! :)
Of course, haha. Just my opinion. :)

My understanding is the braking distance is longer with the 19-inch. Is this trivial or you actually need to adjust your driving style?

My understanding is the braking distance is longer with the 19-inch. Is this trivial or you actually need to adjust your driving style?
You get used to it quickly, especially if you use high regen. These brakes are gonna last me like a decade, heh

You get used to it quickly, especially if you use high regen. These brakes are gonna last me like a decade, heh
Unless rust of the discs or corrosion of the calipers becomes an issue (had them both in one car that had sat unused for 6 months just prior to my purchase)... do we know if Lucid has taken any design and implementation steps to mitigate such issues?

Unless rust of the discs or corrosion of the calipers becomes an issue (had them both in one car that had sat unused for 6 months just prior to my purchase)... do we know if Lucid has taken any design and implementation steps to mitigate such issues?
I think the only way to prevent this is to get carbon ceramic brakes and pads?

I'm at 11.7k miles and average 2.96. I have car set to show percentage and 3.5 miles per 1% of charge is extremely accurate for me.

A week ago we went on a fall foliage drive in 2 cars. The Air and a M5. Combination of Sunday drive with some periods of spirited driving mixed in. Lots of elevation gain. No problem keeping pace with the M5. Despite the spirited driving car read 2.9 mi kWh after 160 miles.

Did about 1000 miles last 4 days from Greenville to DC and back, mostly highway. 2.9. 21" wheels.

I'm at 11.7k miles and average 2.96. I have car set to show percentage and 3.5 miles per 1% of charge is extremely accurate for me.

A week ago we went on a fall foliage drive in 2 cars. The Air and a M5. Combination of Sunday drive with some periods of spirited driving mixed in. Lots of elevation gain. No problem keeping pace with the M5. Despite the spirited driving car read 2.9 mi kWh after 160 miles.

Did about 1000 miles last 4 days from Greenville to DC and back, mostly highway. 2.9. 21" wheels.
You are enjoying some spirited driving.😉

Service tech mentioned to me to periodically feather the brakes on the highway to prevent rust build up. I try to do this once a week. Not sure if it will help but figured can’t hurt .

Mobile service does it and just charges for an hour of labor. Can’t do it yourself yet because they have to reset the TPM sensors, etc. Super quick and convenient to have mobile service do it tho.

We… have different needs. :) I like having both options.

Of course, haha. Just my opinion. :)
That’s the beauty of this car, it gives both options. Readily available 🙃

I really appreciate your sharing your mountain trip. I was planning on using 50% effiencency on legs where we will be mostly climbing up over the Rockies. Based on what you achieved, that seems like a reason assumption. Also, I was hoping to get most of the back on the mostly down slope legs with an overall goal in the 3.2 to 3.6 range. It might be possible depending on temperature. I have 19 inch wheels.
My pleasure- I was curious too. But one thing I'm pretty convinced of (and that's why I took Kyle's range test with a grain of salt..) is that you'll never recover the energy expended going up on the downhill leg. Even in a virtually frictionless environment, it's never going to balance out exactly. Still, the car performed better than expected on the trip- I-70 to the Eisenhower tunnel is easily 7,000 feet of climbing at highway speeds, Vail pass is another few thousand (also at highway speeds) and Tennesee pass to Leadville is couple of thousand more. We ended the trip with a lot more battery than I'd anticipated, and it's really cool watching the regen crank the watts back into the system.

very interesting results. curious about people who get 90% range. what are the factors?

Ran some range tests over the past week. As some background. I’m about 1400 miles in. I’m a moderate driver. Not heavy acceleration but at doing higher speeds on the interstate (call it 80). Overall, I’m averaging 3.5 mi/kw. That’s an even mix of city and highway driving. It’s flat where I live and the weather has been 60-70 degrees. So pretty ideal conditions.

What I did was get on the interstate, set the cruise control and then hit reset on the trip counter. I went at least 10 miles and in most cases, closer to 20-30.

80mph - 3.1 mi/kw
75mph - 3.5 mi/kw
70mph - 3.7 mi/kw
65mph - 3.9 mi/kw
60mph - 4.4 mi/kw

Below 60mph and I was consistently over 4. Sometimes into the 4.5-5 range.

Battery is 112 kWh so you can multiply the above rates times the total battery capacity to get estimated range.

I’m a pretty experienced EV driver so the above tests and most of my regular driving, I don’t ever hit the brake. The regen on this car is strong enough you really shouldn’t have to.

My takeaway from this is that higher speeds have a bigger penalty than I was expecting for this car. Coming from an SUV, I was used to big range penalties at high speed. I was hoping for better.

Oh, I’m in an AGT with 19” wheels w/ aero.

My other takeaway is that’s it’s pretty easy to get close to the EPA. Unfortunately, it requires slowing down to 60. But if you’re a long way away from a charging station and you have to get there, 55 mph is probably your best bet to stretch it out.

We all know acceleration is a big hit. My other observation was elevation changes were a big hit. Even in my relatively flat area, pushing this heavy car up an overpass caused a noticeable drop in efficiency. Which as well documented, is not fully recovered on the way back down.

I’m happy there is a set of circumstances where I can replicate the quoted range. I am a little worried about what this means for real world range in the Gravity at highway speeds. Hopefully they pack in a little more battery for that vehicle.

Ran some range tests over the past week. As some background. I’m about 1400 miles in. I’m a moderate driver. Not heavy acceleration but at doing higher speeds on the interstate (call it 80). Overall, I’m averaging 3.5 mi/kw. That’s an even mix of city and highway driving. It’s flat where I live and the weather has been 60-70 degrees. So pretty ideal conditions.

What I did was get on the interstate, set the cruise control and then hit reset on the trip counter. I went at least 10 miles and in most cases, closer to 20-30.

80mph - 3.1 mi/kw
75mph - 3.5 mi/kw
70mph - 3.7 mi/kw
65mph - 3.9 mi/kw
60mph - 4.4 mi/kw

Below 60mph and I was consistently over 4. Sometimes into the 4.5-5 range.

Battery is 112 kWh so you can multiply the above rates times the total battery capacity to get estimated range.

I’m a pretty experienced EV driver so the above tests and most of my regular driving, I don’t ever hit the brake. The regen on this car is strong enough you really shouldn’t have to.

My takeaway from this is that higher speeds have a bigger penalty than I was expecting for this car. Coming from an SUV, I was used to big range penalties at high speed. I was hoping for better.

Oh, I’m in an AGT with 19” wheels w/ aero.

My other takeaway is that’s it’s pretty easy to get close to the EPA. Unfortunately, it requires slowing down to 60. But if you’re a long way away from a charging station and you have to get there, 55 mph is probably your best bet to stretch it out.

We all know acceleration is a big hit. My other observation was elevation changes were a big hit. Even in my relatively flat area, pushing this heavy car up an overpass caused a noticeable drop in efficiency. Which as well documented, is not fully recovered on the way back down.

I’m happy there is a set of circumstances where I can replicate the quoted range. I am a little worried about what this means for real world range in the Gravity at highway speeds. Hopefully they pack in a little more battery for that vehicle.

Thank you for your effort and information. It reflects what I have been getting but I have not conducted the extensive tests you have. My only longer distance test was just 100 miles with about a 400 elevation change during the round trip. It was mostly conducted at 70 mph and I got 3.6 mi/kw. during that test, I got between 5.5 and 6. on country roads going between 40 and 50 mph. However, I have not been able to duplicate that efficiency recently. Hmmmm?

Back