How Long Do You Plan To Hold On To Your Lucid Air?

How Long Do You Plan To Hold On To Your Lucid Air?

• 5+ Years

Votes: 100 64.9%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • 1 Year

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3-12 Months

• Going To Flip It As Soon As I Get It

• Total voters
I have a history of trading cars I like for the same model if a significantly higher-powered version comes out. I did it when Mazda added a turbocharged 1987 RX-7 to its lineup a year after I bought the new generation 1986 RX-7. I did it when Mercedes added a 2004 supercharged SL55 AMG a year after I bought the new generation 2003 SL. I did it when Audi brought out the 2010 V10 R8 two years after I bought the new 2008 V8 R8.

The only car I kept after a more powerful model was introduced was the 2015 Tesla Model S P90D. That car's performance was so far beyond what I could safely use that I just no longer saw the point.

This leaves me with a dilemma regarding the Air. Even before I received our Dream Edition Performance, I was assuming that I would trade up to the tri-motor Air when it arrived. However, I'm even more of the mind than I was with the earlier Tesla that the car has such prodigious performance that there would really be no point. Also, after now experiencing the deleterious effect of a rearward weight shift in the Model S Plaid due to the additional rear motor, I'm concerned the tri-motor might even be a step backward (although its motor is considerably lighter than the Tesla's in a car that weighs several hundred pounds more overall).

That being said -- and as there is nothing on the horizon for the next few years that promises to compete with the Air in its superb balance of performance, comfort, and style -- it may be the car we keep for a while.

I’ve almost never wanted to keep a car past three years or so. There’s just always something else too tempting by then that I want. But with the Air, I get the feeling I’ll be happy for quite a while. I won’t want more performance, and software updates will come to me. And I think with Gravity and a cheaper model coming down the pike, Lucid will likely not update the Air much in the next five years. Maybe just to offer the three-motor variant.

I’m prepared to eat these words in three years, though.

About this long…
EE6E810F-AC62-4799-921B-568933D95B42.gif

I'm planning to keep mine until a smaller vehicle comes out with greater range (solid-state battery?). Or a fusion-powered vehicle, whichever appears first 😬.

After the license plate fiasco someone can come and pay me the new Price and perhaps get me to part with it today 😡

I tend to hold onto my cars for about 10 years at a time. I suspect this will be no different.

IF I get the Hummer EV SUV next year, I might trade the DE.

After the license plate fiasco someone can come and pay me the new Price and perhaps get me to part with it today 😡
It's great you can only hate your car enough to make a nice profit off it first...

What was the previous one and how did they resolve it?
I only had one turtle event so far. It happened three days ago. Car was in our garage. Refuse to move in either direction. The yellow turtle showed on the dash. Called service. Did a long reboot and everything went back to normal. Have used everyday since with no issue. Car has 5k+ miles. It was not much of a problem since it happened while parked in the garage. However, given my age and the South Florida Summer temperatures, I would not want to own a car that stops in the middle of the road and can't be driven. I have been a strong supporter and a brand ambassador since day one. Love the car and I do hope it doesn't happen again.

I will keep mine until someone invents a nuclear reactor the size of a golf ball that with give a road mileage of 200 years…..
That has already been developed and is in use. You can find two such power plants imbedded in the chest of the cybernetic organism that skynet has developed. If your name is Sarah or John Conner the cyborg will show up at your door. Getting the power plant out of said machine is a bit more problematic.

That has already been developed and is in use. You can find two such power plants imbedded in the chest of the cybernetic organism that skynet has developed. If your name is Sarah or John Conner the cyborg will show up at your door. Getting the power plant out of said machine is a bit more problematic.

I am going for the Iron Man power source myself, Arc Reactor all the way.

Back