How Long Do You Plan To Hold On To Your Lucid Air?

How Long Do You Plan To Hold On To Your Lucid Air?

• 5+ Years

Votes: 100 64.9%
  • 4 Years

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • 3 Years

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • 2 Years

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • 1 Year

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3-12 Months

• Going To Flip It As Soon As I Get It

• Total voters
As I said earlier, I'm leery of warranties not offered through the manufacturer or dealer. However, after your earlier question on this point I went online to look at quotes from Endurance and CarShield. Both sites required you to submit your name, address, phone number, and email before giving a quote. I wasn't interested in experiencing the follow-up hounding that usually comes with such submissions of personal information.
What about these guys?

Thread 'XCare EV Warranty for Lucid' https://lucidowners.com/threads/xcare-ev-warranty-for-lucid.7179/

What about these guys?

Thread 'XCare EV Warranty for Lucid' https://lucidowners.com/threads/xcare-ev-warranty-for-lucid.7179/

I just took a look, and it's an . . . um . . . interesting product.

It's very expensive considering how the coverage is structured. For instance, they tell you it's cheaper the earlier you buy the warranty. But when buying early, the coverage starts immediately. So, if I pay almost $4,000 now for the 3-year plan, it only covers repairs for about a year after the factory warranty expires, with no exposure of XCare for any powertrain failures, as those remain under Lucid's 8-year coverage. If I wait to purchase until the factory warranty is expiring, the cost will be more, although they don't specify how much. Almost $4,000 for about a year of coverage -- and then only for non-powertrain components -- is phenomenally expensive compared to every other car warranty I've purchased.

If I'm trying to hedge against a battery or drive unit replacement, their 8-year plan costs almost $8,000 if I buy now. However, XCare only has a 2-year exposure to drive unit or battery failure, as the next 6 years is Lucid's responsibility.

The extended warranties I bought through Mercedes, Lexus, Audi, and Tesla all commenced with the expiration of the factory warranty, even when buying at time of purchase to get a discount. So a 2-year extended warranty was for a full 2 years of coverage. With XCare's structure, it's all over the lot with pricing and duration, making cross-comparisons virtually impossible.

Back