Are you planning to get another Lucid?

• Yes

Votes: 54 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters
Not sure why y'all are hoping for when we.knownits going to be a CUV aka model y style
There will be three variants of the mid-size platform. At least one will certainly be a CUV. The other two are still a mystery. I am hopeful one will be either a smaller sedan or hot hatchback.

I am also hoping that the mid size Lucid is the same equivalent as the AGT when it is released but just in a smaller size. I would not hesitate to order one as long as it has the same acceleration, handling and luxury etc. as the larger Air.
I would love that as well. But usually smaller cars are less luxurious / refined / quiet than bigger cars. See 5 vs 7, E vs S, A6 vs A8 etc.

There will be three variants of the mid-size platform. At least one will certainly be a CUV. The other two are still a mystery. I am hopeful one will be either a smaller sedan or hot hatchback.
Correct. I am hoping for a surprise unveil similar to what Rivian did with the R3’s… and a sedan seems very plausible based on what we’ve seen so far. Lucid, please make it well equipped for ~50k!

I would love that as well. But usually smaller cars are less luxurious / refined / quiet than bigger cars. See 5 vs 7, E vs S, A6 vs A8 etc.
Also, usually an automaker's smaller cars are de-contented: fewer niceties like 360 cams, etc.

True, I should've clarified and stated that the one coming in 2026 is a CUV

Does that mean there is no chance for a concurrent release?
If Lucid could pull off a concurrent release with their 3rd and 4th model that would be amazing from a company standpoint.

I'd rather have a Roadster. Hopefully, not an announce in 2017, hasn't come out in 2024 yet one.But if the Tesla Roadster ever comes out, I'll give it a look!

I'd rather have a Roadster. Hopefully, not an announce in 2017, hasn't come out in 2024 yet one.But if the Tesla Roadster ever comes out, I'll give it a look!
I would love a lightweight, relatively inexpensive Lucid roadster with actually USABLE rear seats (due to the space concept). If Lucid is ever able to make a usable 2+2, it would be a smash hit (relative to the segment).

My ideal specs for the roadster:

2800-3300 pounds (a small battery is key… a Model 3 is already 3800)
Built on the midsize platform
35 kWh battery (assuming a conservative 6 mi/kwh, given the heavier midsize has 6 already, it would have ~200 miles of range)
180 inches long
Actually usable rear seats
300-400 rwhp
And all this for a price of around 50k, which I think is realistic due to the smaller battery!

If Lucid could pull off a concurrent release with their 3rd and 4th model that would be amazing from a company standpoint.
I believe that a sedan will also launch due to the fact that I can’t see Lucid achieving 6 mi/kwh with a crossover SUV. Obviously, it would be amazing if they did, but it just doesn’t make much sense… although considering what Lucid did with the Air, I shouldn’t jump to conclusions.

I know. I prefer a smaller car also but wanted the performance and luxury. After two years of being on the waiting list for a Pure, the Genesis GV60 Performance popped up in my market (one of the eight original states where it was being sold). It checked as many boxes for me as the Lucid, just different ones. The two biggest failures for me were the handling in the twisties and the range. I don't really care about the range but I do care about the handling. The positives were that it is luxurious (Nappa leather, Ultrasuede headliner, many buttons and switches, etc.), small (length of a subcompact and width of a large compact which means I am very comfortable inside it. In fact, I have a 6'11" golf buddy who couldn't fit inside his wife's Lexus NX (which she loved) but he tried my GV60 and he fitted comfortably within it. For the third component, power, it offers almost 500 HP and more than 500 foot pounds of torque.

But I do miss the handling of the Lucid. By the time the midsized comes out, it might be time to consider trading in for newer technology and the midsized could be the perfect solution. In the meantime the new Porsche Macan electric should meet all my tests but I am not sure I want to spend that much of my grandkids' inheritance on it.

I know. I prefer a smaller car also but wanted the performance and luxury. After two years of being on the waiting list for a Pure, the Genesis GV60 Performance popped up in my market (one of the eight original states where it was being sold). It checked as many boxes for me as the Lucid, just different ones. The two biggest failures for me were the handling in the twisties and the range. I don't really care about the range but I do care about the handling. The positives were that it is luxurious (Nappa leather, Ultrasuede headliner, many buttons and switches, etc.), small (length of a subcompact and width of a large compact which means I am very comfortable inside it. In fact, I have a 6'11" golf buddy who couldn't fit inside his wife's Lexus NX (which she loved) but he tried my GV60 and he fitted comfortably within it. For the third component, power, it offers almost 500 HP and more than 500 foot pounds of torque.

But I do miss the handling of the Lucid. By the time the midsized comes out, it might be time to consider trading in for newer technology and the midsized could be the perfect solution. In the meantime the new Porsche Macan electric should meet all my tests but I am not sure I want to spend that much of my grandkids' inheritance on it.
Who cares about grandkids? YOLO! :)

I love the GV60 but the range was a deal breaker for me - different strokes, I know. Lucid's strong points are VERY different than the Korean's. Our Asian friends are all about value and luxury, Lucid is all handling & efficiency. I would love to have both, but I don't think that's possible at a reasonable price.

Porsche is about neither, just ripping you off :)

I would love a lightweight, relatively inexpensive Lucid roadster with actually USABLE rear seats (due to the space concept). If Lucid is ever able to make a usable 2+2, it would be a smash hit (relative to the segment).

My ideal specs for the roadster:

2800-3300 pounds (a small battery is key… a Model 3 is already 3800)
Built on the midsize platform
35 kWh battery (assuming a conservative 6 mi/kwh, given the heavier midsize has 6 already, it would have ~200 miles of range)
180 inches long
Actually usable rear seats
300-400 rwhp
And all this for a price of around 50k, which I think is realistic due to the smaller battery!
I agree. Something similar to the Taycan, but undercutting the price significantly. Giving up HP for more room (based on design). Hoping the efficiency combined with a great charging curve makes the smaller battery acceptable.

If that is the case, then my next car will not be a Lucid.

I 'm hoping that if Lucid comes out with a smaller sedan they will offer a "Dream" edition that will have the the luxury, refinement, acceleration etc that I am used too in my present AGT. If not then I will seriously look at the new class of BMW that is supposed to come out in 2026-2027.

I'm hoping that Lucid will compete in the small sized sedan(or coupe) area as the model 3 has been so successful and yet is so far behind Lucid in every almost every metric. I see no reason why a small sedan can not be as good as the larger Air. My previous Porsche 911's were small and yet met all my criteria. Unfortunately I'm getting too old to bend down and get in a 911 and the tire noise is above what I would presently want.

If that is the case, then my next car will not be a Lucid.

I 'm hoping that if Lucid comes out with a smaller sedan they will offer a "Dream" edition that will have the the luxury, refinement, acceleration etc that I am used too in my present AGT. If not then I will seriously look at the new class of BMW that is supposed to come out in 2026-2027.

I'm hoping that Lucid will compete in the small sized sedan(or coupe) area as the model 3 has been so successful and yet is so far behind Lucid in every almost every metric. I see no reason why a small sedan can not be as good as the larger Air. My previous Porsche 911's were small and yet met all my criteria. Unfortunately I'm getting too old to bend down and get in a 911 and the tire noise is above what I would presently want.
BMW used to be my church. Their newest cars - while capable - look like Chinese knockoffs of the 90's Bimmers. Chintzy, glitter, shinny, marbles, disco ball, confetti.

BMW used to be my church. Their newest cars - while capable - look like Chinese knockoffs of the 90's Bimmers. Chintzy, glitter, shinny, marbles, disco ball, confetti.
You misread my response. I was talking about the new class of BMW that is supposed to come out in 2026-2027, not their present new cars.

It is called the "Neue Klasse" and the design looks very intriguing.

Back