How is creep mode supposed to work?

I already tried that and cant hit the brake fast enough and the car moves too far. I have 13 size hiking shoes and it cant be moved from accelerator directly sideway to the brake pedal but gets stuck in something under the panel so have to first move the leg back and then side ways. I rent cars 1/3 of the year and havent experience this shoe obstacle before.
Your solution is to get your significant other to park it for you then 🤣

I tried the Creep mode. Not for me. I guess I was thinking it would emulate an ICE automatic after you take your foot off the brake, a nice easy creep. Not so much on my car. Blip the accelerator to get the car moving, and it sure does move, a bit too fast for my taste. What makes matters a bit more unsettling is that it doesn't always engage, sometimes it creeps, sometimes it doesn't. Will wait and see if Lucid is able to tweak it a bit more to make it more reliable and not quite as fast.

Need a better implementation for parking in your garage. Geofence Hold to turn off when you get home like pop up of homelink. Make creep like idling ICE - slow speed in direction of select gear. Roll is like leaving car on neutral. Maybe used for towing.

Need a better implementation for parking in your garage. Geofence Hold to turn off when you get home like pop up of homelink. Make creep like idling ICE - slow speed in direction of select gear. Roll is like leaving car on neutral. Maybe used for towing.
Would be nice to be able to adjust 'creep speed', to each their own, some people may want faster moving creep, and others slower. But with the whole 'digital' display, it would be cool to really be in control of certain things like that

Now that I've had my car for a while and put 7000 miles on it, I have no problem with moving the car slowly while parking and such, even with hold mode and high regen. At first I didn't like it, but it was just a matter of getting used to the one pedal driving in that setting. And I get to do precision driving a lot--my garage is very tight. I have to park with the nose within 4 inches of the wall to be able to close the garage door.

Now that I've had my car for a while and put 7000 miles on it, I have no problem with moving the car slowly while parking and such, even with hold mode and high regen. At first I didn't like it, but it was just a matter of getting used to the one pedal driving in that setting. And I get to do precision driving a lot--my garage is very tight. I have to park with the nose within 4 inches of the wall to be able to close the garage door.
Bet that first time was pucker inducing 🤣

I have the same parking situation. What was the trick to parking with creep made?

I have the same parking situation. What was the trick to parking with creep made?
I haven't tried it with creep mode. I was determined to do it one-pedal driving. The first time I had two friends spotting me, as it is tight side-to-side (I have to fold the mirrors in to fit through the door) as well as front-to-back. Luckily, I had practice getting into the garage before I upgraded to 2.0 and my surround cameras quit working.

I haven't tried it with creep mode. I was determined to do it one-pedal driving. The first time I had two friends spotting me, as it is tight side-to-side (I have to fold the mirrors in to fit through the door) as well as front-to-back. Luckily, I had practice getting into the garage before I upgraded to 2.0 and my surround cameras quit working.
Are you able to fold the mirror before getting into the garage? and does it keep or remember your settings that way so when the car wakes up it won't unfold the mirrors and hit the sides of the garage?

When surround cameras are working, I like to leave them out as the nose of the car goes in, to help me make sure I'm lined up correctly. Then I have to fold the mirrors in before they pass through the door. When the mirrors fold in, the surround becomes greatly distorted because some of the surround cameras are mounted on those mirrors. There's another foot of clearance on each side once I'm through the door, so it's OK if the mirrors unfold once I'm in. Though it would save me a step on backing out if I didn't have to fold them in again. Whenever the car goes to sleep and wakes up, it unfolds the mirrors (even though they were manually folded in when the car turned off). So I have to fold them in again while backing out.

My parking situation is similar to maractwin, and I have now figured out the right way to use creep mode.
  1. I very lightly tap the accelerator - that enables creep mode, so from then on I just use the brake to control movement.
  2. I have to pull in my mirrors to get it through the garage door, so I pull up very close, pull in the mirrors, then once I'm through the door I open them again. As maractwin mentioned, when your mirrors are pulled in the surround view gets very distorted (note to Lucid, you should just black/gray out the side areas from the surround view when the mirrors are pulled in).
  3. Like maractwin I need to be very close to the front to close the garage door, but I prefer doing it with just creep mode and control with the brake.

My parking situation is similar to maractwin, and I have now figured out the right way to use creep mode.
  1. I very lightly tap the accelerator - that enables creep mode, so from then on I just use the brake to control movement.
  2. I have to pull in my mirrors to get it through the garage door, so I pull up very close, pull in the mirrors, then once I'm through the door I open them again. As maractwin mentioned, when your mirrors are pulled in the surround view gets very distorted (note to Lucid, you should just black/gray out the side areas from the surround view when the mirrors are pulled in).
  3. Like maractwin I need to be very close to the front to close the garage door, but I prefer doing it with just creep mode and control with the brake.
Agree it's just a tap of the accelerator just beyond slight resistance. Then the speed is very controllable with they brake. For me, it doesn't lurch or move too fast for me to prevent it from rolling too much. For those that are having it move too fast, you may be pressing the accelerator too much initially to enable it.

Are you able to ride the brake and keep the car rolling slowly. Does Brake hold or regen stop the car causing you to reinitiate creep?

Are you able to ride the brake and keep the car rolling slowly. Does Brake hold or regen stop the car causing you to reinitiate creep?
Yep, exactly, in creep mode I ride the break which allows me to inch forward slowly and safely in my tight garage. Hold/Regen doesn't stop the car.

Yep, exactly, in creep mode I ride the break which allows me to inch forward slowly and safely in my tight garage. Hold/Regen doesn't stop the car.
I think he was asking that if you break too much and the car stops, do you have to reinitiate creep again with the tap of accelerator?

I think he was asking that if you break too much and the car stops, do you have to reinitiate creep again with the tap of accelerator?
No you do not have to reinitiate it. Creep will remain in creep mode until you engage park, or travel faster than a certain speed.

No you do not have to reinitiate it. Creep will remain in creep mode until you engage park, or travel faster than a certain speed.
That's great, then that's perfectly what I expect, but I won't know for sure what people's complaints are until I try it myself

Mine has never worked that way. Im now on 2.0.18. For example, if i back up a very slight uphill, stop, put it in park, enable creep, put it in reverse, a quick tap on the accelerator, and the car moves forward with gear in reverse!!! Also, cant regulate reverse (speed) with brake pedal but only with accelerator and regulate not only for desired speed but also according to slope of hill!! Guaranteed to cause mishaps and not how ice works. For example, stop at crosswalk, do reverse creep to help someone in wheel chair through pot holes and run him/her over instead.

Back