What is the purpose of ROLL?

Best bet: HOLD on, CREEP off. Then practice getting better at 1 foot driving.
This is basically what I did from the beginning and I love the simplicity. Huge fan of this. Makes me sad when I get back in the Subaru lol.

Actually going through an automatic car wash with the Lucid is easy. Regardless of what setting you have regen in (as well as brake hold) you simply shift to neutral as you would with any ICE vehicle. EZPZ

Such is not the case with my BMW i4. Shifting to neutral and leaving regen on high results in a potential disaster. I found that out the hard way the first time I took it to the car wash. As soon as I got onto the track and put the car in neutral, the car began to kick & buck. Only when I turned the regen to low, did the car roll smoothly. Fortunately there was no damage, but it was quite scary and I felt like an idiot.
Hi Lucken. My wife respectfully disagrees.

The first time she went to the car wash with her i4M50 the car also kicked and bucked in neutral. However, when she pressed the button to turn off the Auto/Hold, the car rolled smoothly without a problem. She leaves the regeneration on high and she says it works fine every time, as long as the Auto/Hold is turned off.

Try it and see if that makes a difference.

Your fellow 2 car Lucid/BMW i4 owner.

Hi Lucken. My wife respectfully disagrees.

The first time she went to the car wash with her i4M50 the car also kicked and bucked in neutral. However, when she pressed the button to turn off the Auto/Hold, the car rolled smoothly without a problem. She leaves the regeneration on high and she says it works fine every time, as long as the Auto/Hold is turned off.

Try it and see if that makes a difference.

Your fellow 2 car Lucid/BMW i4 owner.
Hey, you live & learn. So apparently moving the shifter to the right, taking it out of ‘B’ mode and into D mode, must also disengage auto hold. I always keep it in B mode, so I never realized there was a connection between D mode and auto hold. I always thought the regen was the issue in the car wash.

So the question is, when you enter a car wash which is quicker, moving the shifter to the right or hitting the button for auto hold? I’ll try your wife’s approach next time. Thanks.

Hey, you live & learn. So apparently moving the shifter to the right, taking it out of ‘B’ mode and into D mode, must also disengage auto hold. I always keep it in B mode, so I never realized there was a connection between D mode and auto hold. I always thought the regen was the issue in the car wash.

So the question is, when you enter a car wash which is quicker, moving the shifter to the right or hitting the button for auto hold? I’ll try your wife’s approach next time. Thanks.
Us Long Islanders have to look out for each other(long gone since I graduated college).

Ok quick update. I've somewhat figured out how to get creep to work, but it's really unreliable in that it needs the perfect amount of pressure, and 90% of the time I don't hit the pressure properly and in a typical driving situation I don't have the luxury to repeatedly try to engage creep. Not worth the hassle of having it on especially if it becomes effectively random.

Back