Hold out for the Gravity, or get something else?

It's already been quoted as having a drag CD of 0.24, although the rumors are it's already down to 0.23. Am I the only one who would have thought the P3's coefficient to be smaller due to its roofline and aerodynamic features?
Remember, Cd is a ratio of frontal area to drag. The smaller car with the same Cd as a larger one will still be more efficient because there's less area.

"Lucid's commitment to design excellence, spacious interiors, and versatility further sets Gravity apart from the competition. The exterior design choices are a testament to Gravity's fusion of aesthetics and utility. A focus on efficiency has led to a target coefficient of drag of less than 0.243, an aerodynamic profile unsurpassed by other three-row SUVs. With a commanding presence supported by a substantial frunk, sleek profile, elongated cabin, pronounced shoulders, and sporty tail spoiler, Gravity showcases its ability to meet the diverse needs of the daily driver."

Still very bloody good. Particularly for a massive SUV.

"Lucid's commitment to design excellence, spacious interiors, and versatility further sets Gravity apart from the competition. The exterior design choices are a testament to Gravity's fusion of aesthetics and utility. A focus on efficiency has led to a target coefficient of drag of less than 0.243, an aerodynamic profile unsurpassed by other three-row SUVs. With a commanding presence supported by a substantial frunk, sleek profile, elongated cabin, pronounced shoulders, and sporty tail spoiler, Gravity showcases its ability to meet the diverse needs of the daily driver."

Still very bloody good. Particularly for a massive SUV.
Actually, Derek Jenkins has been stating in recent interviews that the drag cd is 0.23, suggesting it was lowered! As they make more progress on the car, this is to be expected. Wonder if they can hit the 0.22 mark by production?

EQS580. Your wife likes things to just work. It will in the EQS580 and it’s a great car. I’m considering one myself for my wife (in place of an x5).

EQS580. Your wife likes things to just work. It will in the EQS580 and it’s a great car. I’m considering one myself for my wife (in place of an x5).
1717032785024.png

^^ oops, I attached the wrong picture. It looked really similar to the EQS SUV, so I confused them both when finding an image. Sorry!

Actually, Derek Jenkins has been stating in recent interviews that the drag cd is 0.23, suggesting it was lowered! As they make more progress on the car, this is to be expected. Wonder if they can hit the 0.22 mark by production?

In fairness it does state less than but still good to know! But I think they'll spring a surprise!

They don't HAVE to like it.. if it hatches and then gets sent to the auctions, they will just have to discount the chick by about 50 percent!
Same with lucid unfortunately my friend.

Not to the extent of the EQS, but true. Don’t forget that the Air, even with less discounts, sells more than the EQS.
What? No it doesn’t. EQS suv moved close to 9k units in Q4 2023 alone. That’s close to all airs lucid sold the whole year….not even counting the sedan in this. Only the SUV

Also, air certainly doesn’t have less discounts. It has more currently and in the past had more discounts also. What data are you looking at? It’s not factual I’m afraid.

What? No it doesn’t. EQS suv moved close to 9k units in Q4 2023 alone. That’s close to all airs lucid sold the whole year….not even counting the sedan in this. Only the SUV
I'm only talking about the sedan, since that is the natural competitor to the Air.
Also, air certainly doesn’t have less discounts. It has more currently and in the past had more discounts also. What data are you looking at? It’s not factual I’m afraid.
Compared to the discounts some on the leasehackr forums are getting on EQS', I'd say the EQS discounts are greater.

I'm only talking about the sedan, since that is the natural competitor to the Air.

Compared to the discounts some on the leasehackr forums are getting on EQS', I'd say the EQS discounts are greater.
Got ya!

OP was asking about an SUV. I also was referring to the SUV, I don’t like the sedan but don’t mind the EQS SUV. It’s actually growing on me and wife loves it !

Yea that post where one poster got some crazy deal on the EQS was one of a kind. Anyone else paid a lot more. Current lease deals way more money on the EQS than an Air. Not even close actually. Its like $800 a month or so with 5/6k down.

Back