Highway Assist

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
I have a question about the highway assist. I've only had the car two weeks and haven't activated it yet. What I'd like to do is have the car center itself in the lane, but let me control the speed. Does the Lucid have a mode like that? How do I set it up?

2 minor annoyances for me (at least compared to my Tesla experience) on a long drive- 1) in stop & go traffic, if you come to a complete standstill, you will need to either tap the accelerator or push the left steering wheel button up to resume driving; 2) also in stop & go traffic, the Lucid HA really jerks to a stop, much more so than how a normal driver would. Also seems to use the actual brake, as opposed to regen breaking to stop but I'm not really certain about that

Agree with above that Tesla had more phantom breaking in wide open lanes, while Lucid never did that.

Since the 2.0.59 update, I have finally done some extended highway driving, and changing lanes is much more smooth now - no more jerking the wheel, just a very slight resistance. There are still very infrequent occasions when at highway speeds the car has problems with sharper turns, but since I don't trust any car's software 100%, I can immediately keep the car where it should be. I'm still tickled pink that I have NO concerns that there will be phantom braking, which meant I could never use even cruise control on my prior vehicle. Excellent software update. (I never use the lane assist, so I'm not able to comment if that has gotten better.)

Since the 2.0.59 update, I have finally done some extended highway driving, and changing lanes is much more smooth now - no more jerking the wheel, just a very slight resistance. There are still very infrequent occasions when at highway speeds the car has problems with sharper turns, but since I don't trust any car's software 100%, I can immediately keep the car where it should be. I'm still tickled pink that I have NO concerns that there will be phantom braking, which meant I could never use even cruise control on my prior vehicle. Excellent software update. (I never use the lane assist, so I'm not able to comment if that has gotten better.)
Totally agree on phantom braking. It’s the difference between being able to use the system at all or not for me. I simply stopped trusting Autopilot and never used it again, except to check at each new version if they had addressed phantom braking at all. (Spoiler alert: they never did.)

I too have seen HA lose its lane centering on certain curves for a moment or two. A quick correction and it picks right back up. There’s the visual indicator of the lane not being “filled in” when this happens, but it would be nice if they added a subtle sound as well, so you’d know without looking down at the display. Not a jarring “alert siren” that scares the crap out of you. Just a simple tone would do. I trust the sound engineers at Lucid to find something appropriate.

The cruise speed & volume switches on the steering wheel does not have hold functionality?
My other drive is a BMW X3 and it has similar switches. When I hold them up/down, the volume keeps going up/down until I release, or the cruise speed is adjusted in increments of five. On my AT, it is always increments of just one point, on both the switches. So I have to press the buttons multiple times. Tough to use, and also doesn't feel like its good on button health.

The cruise speed & volume switches on the steering wheel does not have hold functionality?
My other drive is a BMW X3 and it has similar switches. When I hold them up/down, the volume keeps going up/down until I release, or the cruise speed is adjusted in increments of five. On my AT, it is always increments of just one point, on both the switches. So I have to press the buttons multiple times. Tough to use, and also doesn't feel like its good on button health.
Holding the left switch up absolutely keeps increasing, and eventually goes to increments of 5. Are you holding it all the way up?

Same with volume. Only there’s a lag on the initial increase, which I find annoying. So I usually use the center rocker above the Pilot Panel for that.

4K in 6wks daily driving AT/smooth/19" with lots of driving on I-95 midAtlantic States getting 4.4mi/kwh with ACC and HA. Both seem to work well except on curving ramps/ rapidly slowing traffic. Sensitive to eye/hand placement, so if detects insufficient gaze/hand pressure, can abort.

This 100%. I had a couple of opportunities where, while using ACC, my car approached stopped traffic. In neither instance was there a hint of slowing down. With the solid regenerative braking, it's rare that I have to use my brakes, but they got a workout in these situations.
Agreed. If you're cruising along on ACC & traffic is stopped the car brakes very, very late. In those situations, I find the only prudent thing to do is disengage ACC & get on the brakes as I don't have faith the car will stop in time.

Agreed. If you're cruising along on ACC & traffic is stopped the car brakes very, very late. In those situations, I find the only prudent thing to do is disengage ACC & get on the brakes as I don't have faith the car will stop in time.
You should not have faith the car will stop in time, because the owner's manual clearly states that the car WILL NOT stop in those situations.

Wondering if anyone in the community has experienced this.

I have an Air GT with dreamdrive pro and surreal sound. My HA used to worn just fine previously and I’m familiar with how to toggle it on and off.

I can no longer get highway assist to work. The function defaults to adaptive cruise and no matter how long I hold the leftmost button on the steering wheel, I can’t enable highway assist.

Any thoughts? No other functionality is missing. I have no obvious way of testing out the LiDAR, but I have no warnings or any notifications of any sensor malfunctions. Is it at all possible that the wrong software update was pushed and disabled this feature?

I have an Air GT with dreamdrive pro and surreal sound. My HA used to worn just fine previously and I’m familiar with how to toggle it on and off.

I can no longer get highway assist to work. The function defaults to adaptive cruise and no matter how long I hold the leftmost button on the steering wheel, I can’t enable highway assist.

Any thoughts? No other functionality is missing. I have no obvious way of testing out the LiDAR, but I have no warnings or any notifications of any sensor malfunctions. Is it at all possible that the wrong software update was pushed and disabled this feature?
Assuming you've tried all the resets already?

First, the locking car one, next the logo one, then last the nuke?

It's not just you. My HA stopped working after the .59 update...adaptive cruise only. Had mobile service out on Monday & they couldn't identify the cause of the issue & said it won't let them calibrate either so has to go to service center. Service carrier pickup is today as nearest shop is 300+ miles.

It's not just you. My HA stopped working after the .59 update...adaptive cruise only. Had mobile service out on Monday & they couldn't identify the cause of the issue & said it won't let them calibrate either so has to go to service center. Service carrier pickup is today as nearest shop is 300+ miles.
Interesting. So I had to have my bumper replaced (separate issue - typically New England asshole hit car while parked, left no note). HA was not working prior to this, but the reason I mention it is that Lucid did calibrate the sensors and cameras after the bumper and seemingly without issue.

When this happened to me service needed to take a look and found it was some pinched wiring harnesses (the body shop’s fault). But that was after a distinct stint in the shop.

When this happened to me service needed to take a look and found it was some pinched wiring harnesses (the body shop’s fault). But that was after a distinct stint in the shop.
Yeah, we’ll have to see what the issue is. From what I can tell, no other function seems impaired.

Back