Has anyone replaced tires on Lucid Air?

The car only had 500 miles on it so I quickly bought Discount Tire certificates for all the tires. The replacement tires are like $250+ if I recall, so getting that cert warranty is definitely worth it! I'm sure I'll have more bulge or other issues with these tires after the 1yr mfg warranties up.
Has anyone compared the Discount Tire certificate warranty with the Tirerack and Costco warranties?

Has anyone compared the Discount Tire certificate warranty with the Tirerack and Costco warranties?
Can’t get either of them on an OEM tire.

The big benefit of the DT/AT certs is they will warranty your OEM tires. You don’t have to have bought the tires from them.

I've never bought tires from tirerack or at costco, so I can't comment, but I can say that I have been using Discount Tire for many years and always extremely pleased with their pricing, their service, and the value of their tire certificates. And like @borski mentioned, DT will sell certs on OEM tires, which is what I did for my Lucid.

RE: The Certs
At first, when I started with Discount Tire, I was suspicious of the certificates being scammy "extended warranty" offerings, but I've learned over the years through experience that they are worth the cost. No question/no hassle repairs or replacements on punctures or sidewall damage.

With Discount Tire, I like knowing that I can usually find a nearby DT store no matter where I'm at when traveling, or where my kids are at for school., Although I've never read the fine print on their certificates, I know that when I've had punctures or tire failures and couldn't get to a DT store, I've just walked into my store later, told them about it, and they would give me a credit on my account for what I paid for the repair elsewhere. No paperwork or hassle, they just take care of things.

Well worth the ~15%-20% cost of the certs, imo. I'm sure there are other cheaper tire warranties out there, and maybe if I had just one car I would seek a low-price option. But I have 8 vehicles in my family with kids off in college in different places. I just don't have time to keep track of receipts and warranty claim processes. DT certs might be premium priced, but I've found them to be a premium product worth the cost.

RE: Service
Despite being a national chain, I've found them to have some of the best service of any industry, period. Clean stores, professional and knowledgeable staff, and leads/managers that are empowered to make decisions and take care of the customer. I've had no qualms about sending my two daughters, even as young teens, in to our DT store to get tires repaired or even new tires. I know they would be treated professionally, no scamming. I tell them, "just go to Discount Tire, have them look up my phone number, and let them take care of what you need." My cars are all in their system, they all have certificates, and I know everything will be taken care of with no upcharges or nonsense.

Free rotations, free re-balancing, and free swaps of my summer/winter tires (swapping wheels at least, they do do charge a small fee when swapping tires onto same wheels). Most tire stores I'm sure offer this, but with DT, It's just a no-question/no-hassle thing - they'll even do it for tires that weren't bought from them, like when I add a car to my stable.

In addition, I really appreciate the way they handle mileage tread-life warranties from manufacturers - I don't have to fill out any claim forms or jump through any hoops - they take measurement, and they just apply credit to the replacement. They have all my cars in their system, they keep track of mileage of when tires get put on, mileage of tire swaps, etc. It's just so damn convenient and easy.

Oh, and even when they don't carry a tire, they'll still get it. My store didn't stock the damn 21" Pirelli EV PZero's my Air has, but when my sidewall bubbled, they found one somewhere and had it shipped. I asked, "what If I didn't have another car and needed something right now?" They answered, "We'd put another tire on the wheel until your Pirelli arrived."

RE: Pricing
My local store (northern Colorado) will price match, and I imagine discounttire.com is competitively priced to online vendors such as tirerack. And there's no hidden fees or upcharges. There's the price of the tires (always competitively market-priced) and the price of the certificates. That's it. I know exactly the complete cost of tires for each of my cars for the warrantied tread life of the tires. For example, if I were to buy a new set of tires with a 40K tread warranty for my Lucid, and cost was $2,200 including certs, I know that is all I will pay for the next 40K miles, period.

I can't think of any other product that I have where I can say that.

Echoing @AnthonyInCO, America’s Tire / Discount Tire has been my go-to. Honest service, competitive pricing, and … walkable from my house.

AT/DT (that would be a great cover band name) will also patch tires for free. Cynics will argue that it’s a ruse to get you in the door, but they’ve patched two tires for me without so much as trying to sell me a valve stem cap.

- T

Agree with all of the above. Last month, I had a tire patched on my Model S. The patch did not hold. They replaced the tire for free even though I did not have a certificate. Excellent customer service.

I’ll see if I can get information direct from Michelin. I got the 21s on my DE from Michelin and they know they are on a Lucid.
Hello have you had any issues with the Michelins? I just put some on my dream edition this week.

Hello have you had any issues with the Michelins? I just put some on my dream edition this week.
I am going to sound like a broken record. Correct or even higher Tire pressure is crucial on low profile tires. All low profile tires will not survive hitting a man eating pothole. Never have since the journey decades ago from 60 ratio tires to 35 and even less. Fact of life. A blow out from hitting a pothole is NOT a defect - its a road hazard which happens much more frequently with ANY low profile tire and compounded by low tire pressure. People here have had their share of blowouts on Michelins too.

After experiencing a _fifth_ tire issue (bubble on the front passenger sidewall)... I'm exercising my AT/DT warranty (and the Pirelli OEM warranty if it applies) to replace that again.

- T

I have not had any issues with the Michelins and I'm driving roads with more pot holes than when I was in San Diego. I can't remember millage when I switched for sure, but I think I have ~4k miles on the Michelins.

Oh, and even when they don't carry a tire, they'll still get it. My store didn't stock the damn 21" Pirelli EV PZero's my Air has, but when my sidewall bubbled, they found one somewhere and had it shipped. I asked, "what If I didn't have another car and needed something right now?" They answered, "We'd put another tire on the wheel until your Pirelli arrived."

Thank you. The reality is that 21" performance tires are not regularly stocked anywhere (or almost anywhere) so if I need a replacement, there is often a delay of a couple of days. This is a great answer!

I have used Discount Tires over the years and have had only excellent experiences.

On the other hand, quite a few years ago I had a blowout on a tire that had very little mileage on it. The Toyota dealership told me to take it to a Firestone store (the tire was a Bridgestone) for warranty. The store manager spent 20 minutes going inch by inch over it to find that somehow it was my fault as I stood there getting angrier and angrier. He finally gave up and agreed to the warranty. I have not been back to a Firestone store since.

As others here have pointed out in a different context, quality customer service is definitely part of the luxury experience.

Like to know if any one needed to replace their tires on their cars ? If so,

1. Why it was replaced?

2. Did the Tire Warranty cover?

3. If they have to pay, what was the total price per tire for installation?

4. Was it done by Lucid Service or otherwise?

5. Was it done on roadside or at home?

6. Was the tire balanced?

Appreciate everyone's opinion. Thanks.
1. A large screw had punctured it
2. Didn't even think to look about the warranty, so it did not cover it for me.
3. $638.99
4. Goodyear
5. At the Goodyear shop.
6. Yes

I buy tires in advance and sometimes powder coat them as you may know for this reason

FYI Discount Tire owns Tire Rack! And if you buy 4 tires from Tire Rack (full replacement) they often "throw in" the road hazard warranty at no extra cost.

So here is a "Chat" I just had with Tire Rack representative regarding "free" road hazard warranty. The Tire Rack price for four tires is very slightly lower than Discount Tire/America's Tire. Tire Rack warranty is for two years and reimbursed from a third party whereas the Discount Tire warranty is for three years and is just under $300 for four tires. Both include tow charges. Discount Tire does offer a 5% military discount whereas Tire Rack doesn't. Here is the conversation:

How can I help you today?

You
at 8:36, Mar 14:

I believe you are owned by America's Tire? They do offer a military discount. Does Tire Rack offer a military discount?

Hunter
at 8:38, Mar 14:
we share corporate ownership but ops and polices are independent. much like we offer free road hazard and they do not.. they offer military while we do not. So there is up.down with each retailer. I am sorry about that

You
at 8:39, Mar 14:

Ok. Can I buy tires from Tire Rack and use Discount Tire/America's Tire to do the installation?Read

Hunter
at 8:39, Mar 14:
yes, they will be offered in checkout with two (main) restrictions.

Hunter
at 8:40, Mar 14:
1st you must supply the vehicle.

Hunter
at 8:40, Mar 14:
2nd - they will not be offered if using a non stock tire size

You
at 8:41, Mar 14:

And if I have a road hazard problem can I hae the car towed to Discount Tire for "free" replacement?Read

Hunter
our road hazard is reimbursed. it does have a tow component but only if no spare avail..

Hunter
Road Hazard is included at no charge with purchase from us.
It covers you for 24-months from the time of purchase at no additional charge. If you damage your tire within the first 24-months and it is non-repairable, the program will reimburse you to repurchase a tire. Additionally, if the tire is repairable, the program will reimburse you up to $40 per tire to repair the tire in the first 24-months of ownership.
Nails, pothole damage, glass are most common examples

Road hazard is handled by a 3rd party company called Nation Safe Driver. They can be reached at 855.623.0468 or https://trrclaims.nationsafedrivers.com/home. They will instruct you to take the damaged tire to a local shop to verify the road hazard and once confirmed, you are reimbursed via check in the mail.

Link to full Road Hazard coverage details

Link to how to file a road hazard claim

Road Hazard is included at no charge with purchase from us.
It covers you for 24-months from the time of purchase at no additional charge. If you damage your tire within the first 24-months and it is non-repairable, the program will reimburse you to repurchase a tire. Additionally, if the tire is repairable, the program will reimburse you up to $40 per tire to repair the tire in the first 24-months of ownership.
Nails, pothole damage, glass are most common examples

I just checked out (on the internet) Nationsafe which is the outsourced provider now to Tirerack. It appears that before TireRack outsourced the service, it was fine. But the reviews I have read are pretty dismal about the new provider/process. Makes the certificates at Discount Tire more attractive.

Back