Gravity Launch

As I said in a different post somewhere, I'm guessing the sub $80k Gravity will have a similar battery to the base Air (around 92 kWh). This would give a range of 330ish miles, which is still damn good compared to the competition.
The only problem with 330 miles is we know that u only get 80%(based on a poll on this forum)of that number. So that equals 264 miles.

As I said in a different post somewhere, I'm guessing the sub $80k Gravity will have a similar battery to the base Air (around 92 kWh). This would give a range of 330ish miles, which is still damn good compared to the competition.
base model Gravity can't be under 360mi because it cant have less range than a Model X

base model Gravity can't be under 360mi because it cant have less range than a Model X
Fair enough. I ignore Tesla, intentionally. Then it'll probably be a 100 kWh battery for 360ish miles.
The only problem with 330 miles is we know that u only get 80%(based on a poll on this forum)of that number. So that equals 264 miles.
Couldn't you say that for most EVs, especially Tesla and Lucid who use the 5 cycle EPA? If you drive the speed limit, your efficiency will be more than 80% EPA, but where's the fun in that?

You guys forget that it says 440+. Peter has come out and said it's above 440 but they are still tweaking the aero. My guess is it'll be at least 450 for the longer range version.

Fair enough. I ignore Tesla, intentionally. Then it'll probably be a 100 kWh battery for 360ish miles.
It can't be 100kwh battery for 360 miles because Model X has a 100kwh and an EPA of 348.

Assuming the Gravity will use the same battery modules as Air (very likely), the advertised 440miles is likely a conservative EPA estimation just like the Air promo of 500miles years ago (516miles after final tweaking and official EPA testing), the final Gravity GT range EPA estimation is at least 454 miles with a 112kwh or higher if 118-122kwh battery.

If they're aiming for 360 miles EPA as the base, they'd likely use an 92kwh battery pack for base.

Last edited:
It can't be 100kwh battery for 360 miles because Model X has a 100kwh and an EPA of 348.

Assuming the Gravity will use the same battery modules as Air (very likely), the advertised 440miles is likely a conservative EPA estimation just like the Air promo of 500miles years ago (516miles after final tweaking and official EPA testing), the final Gravity GT range EPA estimation is probably closer to 454 miles with a 112kwh but no more than 122kwh battery.

If they're aiming for 360 miles EPA as the base, they'd likely use an 92kwh battery pack for base.
Based on extrapolations from an app teaser, it was around 480 miles of range.

We also know that the Gravitys batteries WILL be slightly bigger, so it cannot be 92 or 112. In addition, samsung cells will be used that have no buffer as they do not need it.

That means it could be above 92 or above 112/118(probably 118).

Based on extrapolations from an app teaser, it was around 480 miles of range.

We also know that the Gravitys batteries WILL be slightly bigger, so it cannot be 92 or 112. In addition, samsung cells will be used that have no buffer as they do not need it.

That means it could be above 92 or above 112/118(probably 118).
oh I did not see this app teaser, where was this?
If they're using Samsung cells, it'll be 118kwh for a 22 module pack instead of a 112kwh LG chem 22 module pack. They used Samsung cells in Air Dream's 22 module pack.
I've also heard about they're switching from LG chem to Panasonic batteries

oh I did not see this app teaser, where was this?
If they're using Samsung cells, it'll be 118kwh for a 22 module pack instead of a 112kwh LG chem 22 module pack. They used Samsung cells in Air GT-P's 22 module pack.
I've also heard about they're switching from LG chem to Panasonic batteries
1701040313598.png

Assuming the Gravity will use the same battery modules as Air (very likely), the advertised 440miles is likely a conservative EPA estimation just like the Air promo of 500miles years ago (516miles after final tweaking and official EPA testing), the final Gravity GT range EPA estimation is at least 454 miles with a 112kwh or higher if 118-122kwh battery.

I said 360 because Lucid said 3.6 mi/kWh efficiency for the Gravity. Maybe they'll improve the efficiency over the next year, but it won't be by leaps and bounds.

I'm sorry, can you explain how 480 miles was extrapolated from this pic?

It's not showing 412 miles at 85% charge? It looks like the charging set limit is set to 85%
I agree. I never understood the 480 claim. All the app shows is 85% charge limit. It's also possible the whole thing is CGI, so people are reading into it too much IMO.

I'm sorry, can you explain how 480 miles was extrapolated from this pic?

It's not showing 412 miles at 85% charge? It looks like the charging set limit is set to 85%
Theres also a small battery indicator next to the range:
1701040979378.png

This looks like it could be 85 percent or lower even. To me, it looks like it is 75 but we shouldn't assume that. Therefore, by setting up a proportion with the worst case scenario(85 percent, looks lower but alright) it has 484.71 miles of range.

Then again, its probably just some CGI that we are overthinking. I remember when the touring came out, there was a graphic of its pilot panel showing massaging seats, and everybody thought it would have it. 485 does match up with the above 440 however..

I said 360 because Lucid said 3.6 mi/kWh efficiency for the Gravity. Maybe they'll improve the efficiency over the next year, but it won't be by leaps and bounds.
oh you're right, I forgot they did say that didn't they haha. maybe, it may still be plausible, I believe in the Lucid team's push for more efficiency!

Wow. You all have way too much time on your hands.

The announcement was 440+. That’s what they are confident they can definitely match. Peter R. at the auto show said they intend to beat that number. And he’s pretty good at pushing the team. That’s all we know.

Derek J. Also said they are hoping to get the drag coefficient down further than the announced 0.24. That would certainly help with range a bit.

Nothing is close to final on this car yet. EPA tests won’t likely be done until next fall at the very soonest.

So a marketing photo with an app UI that’s completely different and a not-full battery indicator?

Yeah, folks. It’s called Photoshop.

Wow. You all have way too much time on your hands.

The announcement was 440+. That’s what they are confident they can definitely match. Peter R. at the auto show said they intend to beat that number. And he’s pretty good at pushing the team. That’s all we know.

Derek J. Also said they are hoping to get the drag coefficient down further than the announced 0.24. That would certainly help with range a bit.

Nothing is close to final on this car yet. EPA tests won’t likely be done until next fall at the very soonest.

So a marketing photo with an app UI that’s completely different and a not-full battery indicator?

Yeah, folks. It’s called Photoshop.
I think that a missed photo shows the moon landing being faked, there's also a second shooter in the reflection off the windshield, an alien used a tractor beam to pull the Gravity up for its jump on the dirt, and to top it all off, no one noticed the bigfoot silhouette in the promo video.

I think that a missed photo shows the moon landing being faked, there's also a second shooter in the reflection off the windshield, an alien used a tractor beam to pull the Gravity up for its jump on the dirt, and to top it all off, no one noticed the bigfoot silhouette in the promo video.
OMG its a SpaceX x Lucid collaboration! /s Maybe that floaty perfume lady was an alien!

Don't forget about Jimmy Hoffa being in the sub trunk storage space.

Actually, the Air was advertised as simply "520 miles of range," as they would understandably show top models. I also expect a smaller battery version, if it even happens, to handily beat the X.
The Tesla Cybertruck is going to be delivered on Thursday and STILL nobody knows the price!

The Tesla Cybertruck is going to be delivered on Thursday and STILL nobody knows the price!

I bet the receivers probably should know and are under NDA.

Back