• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gravity Launch

Is it reasonable to expect the longest range Gravity to cost less than the longest range Air?
Does the longest range Tesla Model X cost less than the longest range Model S?

@DarkSpace I will side with you (& @Bus Driver) on your narrative about comparing things to a cheaper model. If the feature is of value to you and it is on a cheaper model, then it SHOULD have air to breathe on this forum. I was critical of the 2012 Tesla Model S and publicly wrote that I was disappointed that the Nissan Altima, at half the cost, had parking sensors and a car alarm that the Model S did not! Then the debate ensued. That's healthy, IMHO

I care deeply for @Bobby & @borski and their passion for the brand, but worry sometime they dive off into FanBoy protection of speech! That said, they are the moderators and can ban me at any mom... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! 🫥
I think that section of the guidelines needs rewriting. It is not the comparison that is the problem, but rather the wording you use to convey that point.

Is it reasonable to expect the longest range Gravity to cost less than the longest range Air?
Perhaps they might reduce base Air to 72-74k- 416 mile range , looks like Gravity has a 15% less range- (440 vs 516 for Air GT). We could assume base Gravity will get the 112kwh battery- 380 mile range for base Gravity?

If the feature is of value to you and it is on a cheaper model, then it SHOULD have air to breathe on this forum.
Again, it is just as easy to say “I wish we had a HUD; my Cadillac has it and I really love that feature” as it is to say “ugh my $32k caddy has a hud, why doesn’t Lucid?!!!?!”

Those both say the same thing, but the latter adds the additional argument of price which is *a useless argument*. Both cars have lots of things the others don’t; that’s the nature of them being different cars. No car is a superset of features of all other cars; not even crazy expensive ones. Drive a Rimac and suddenly discover it does not have every feature that every cheaper car does; that doesn’t make it a worse car.

So that’s the point; it’s not that you can’t wish it had a feature you like, or even think it deserves to because it’s more expensive. It’s that *making an argument about cost* does not move the argument forward at all, and is a distraction.

That another vehicle you like has it? Fine, discuss away. That that car is $60k and the Air is $80k? Completely irrelevant.

I care deeply for @Bobby & @borski and their passion for the brand, but worry sometime they dive off into FanBoy protection of speech!
If only you knew how hard we work to keep the forum from turning into inane drivel from either fanboys or naysayers, you’d understand why that’s annoying to constantly hear. We are far from fanboys; there are plenty of those we stop before they actually post, and so on.

But people tend to jump to “you’re censoring me!” when what they really mean is “I don’t like that you’re telling me how to express myself.” The former isn’t true. The latter… is. We do have rules and guidelines to try and maintain decorum. By definition, that means you don’t get to say *anything you’d like*, and more importantly, *in any way you’d like to say it*

Does that help clarify?

@DarkSpace I will side with you (& @Bus Driver) on your narrative about comparing things to a cheaper model. If the feature is of value to you and it is on a cheaper model, then it SHOULD have air to breathe on this forum. I was critical of the 2012 Tesla Model S and publicly wrote that I was disappointed that the Nissan Altima, at half the cost, had parking sensors and a car alarm that the Model S did not! Then the debate ensued. That's healthy, IMHO

I care deeply for @Bobby & @borski and their passion for the brand, but worry sometime they dive off into FanBoy protection of speech! That said, they are the moderators and can ban me at any mom... BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! 🫥
I always chuckle when somebody calls me a fanboy when I have literally led the charge calling Lucid out on bugs and missing features.

Again, it is just as easy to say “I wish we had a HUD; my Cadillac has it and I really love that feature” as it is to say “ugh my $32k caddy has a hud, why doesn’t Lucid?!!!?!”

Those both say the same thing, but the latter adds the additional argument of price which is *a useless argument*. Both cars have lots of things the others don’t; that’s the nature of them being different cars. No car is a superset of features of all other cars; not even crazy expensive ones. Drive a Rimac and suddenly discover it does not have every feature that every cheaper car does; that doesn’t make it a worse car.

So that’s the point; it’s not that you can’t wish it had a feature you like, or even think it deserves to because it’s more expensive. It’s that *making an argument about cost* does not move the argument forward at all, and is a distraction.

That another vehicle you like has it? Fine, discuss away. That that car is $60k and the Air is $80k? Completely irrelevant.

If only you knew how hard we work to keep the forum from turning into inane drivel from either fanboys or naysayers, you’d understand why that’s annoying to constantly hear. We are far from fanboys; there are plenty of those we stop before they actually post, and so on.

But people tend to jump to “you’re censoring me!” when what they really mean is “I don’t like that you’re telling me how to express myself.” The former isn’t true. The latter… is. We do have rules and guidelines to try and maintain decorum. By definition, that means you don’t get to say *anything you’d like*, and more importantly, *in any way you’d like to say it*

Does that help clarify?
Yep, I think that the section of the guidelines that refers to that could be clarified to clear up confusion regarding this.

I always chuckle when somebody calls me a fanboy when I have literally led the charge calling Lucid out on bugs and missing features.
I always read old threads and see some mods complaining about something with the Air. Then I remember that people call them fanboys..

Serious question, does ANYBODY actually keep their gloves in the glovebox or is that just me who doesnt?

Gloves on chair or floor, no glovebox ever in my entire life.

My Air GT is missing cigarette lighter port like my lesser cost Jeep Wrangler for me to replace with a missile toggle switch. I miss feeling like James Bond with 6 figure Air suppose to make to feel like flying a fighter jet EV.

58A24028-7866-4CBB-80AD-E41D970264C1.jpeg

Does the longest range Tesla Model X cost less than the longest range Model S?

The max range Air is allmost $119k. So I think the max range Gravity will cost at least $125k. That will cut a lot of buyers out, including me. I am not looking to spend more than $100k on a vehicle.

I actually DO keep a pair of gloves in the glovebox, but I grew up calling it a "glove compartment".
The correct answer. I have never seen a glovebox shaped like a box, lol.

I long for the day that gloveboxes are eliminated in favor of more knee room. There would be so much more space efficiency and with EVS having so much space for the center console(look at gravity), it just seems redundant to me.

The max range Air is allmost $119k. So I think the max range Gravity will cost at least $125k. That will cut a lot of buyers out, including me. I am not looking to spend more than $100k on a vehicle.
So don’t get the max range Air if it’s $125k.

It’s kind of funny because while there’s features other cars have the Lucid doesn’t, I don’t mind. The way the car handles the basics, like charging, climate, driving, adjusting seats, choosing gears, changing lanes, adjusting wipers, parking sensors, I’m pretty much happy with all of them except I wish the wipers had more variable speeds. Literally the only thing I wish the Lucid had that a cheaper car does better is the navigation. The Volvo/Polestar integration of GoogleMaps is really the best way to do it, it’s just so much better than every other car’s navigation by a mile, although when it comes to waypoint management it’s easier and more intuitive to do that in the Lucid. I don’t need Sentry mode or dog mode or camping mode or fart mode or blinding bling bling lights or back seat screens or screens in the doors or lights on the ground or even a heads up display. I think I’m either too easy to please or Lucid happened to make the right car for me. Also the Lucid app is really good, way more features than most car apps. Being able to adjust your charging % or stop it on the fly via the app is great, and frunk and trunk controls are something missing from most other EV apps.

It’s kind of funny because while there’s features other cars have the Lucid doesn’t, I don’t mind. The way the car handles the basics, like charging, climate, driving, adjusting seats, choosing gears, changing lanes, adjusting wipers, parking sensors, I’m pretty much happy with all of them except I wish the wipers had more variable speeds. Literally the only thing I wish the Lucid had that a cheaper car does better is the navigation. The Volvo/Polestar integration of GoogleMaps is really the best way to do it, it’s just so much better than every other car’s navigation by a mile, although when it comes to waypoint management it’s easier and more intuitive to do that in the Lucid. I don’t need Sentry mode or dog mode or camping mode or fart mode or blinding bling bling lights or back seat screens or screens in the doors or lights on the ground or even a heads up display. I think I’m either too easy to please or Lucid happened to make the right car for me. Also the Lucid app is really good, way more features than most car apps. Being able to adjust your charging % or stop it on the fly via the app is great, and frunk and trunk controls are something missing from most other EV apps.
Glad you are easy to please.😉 Glad that there are others here too that share their wants & wishes & can pin them to other cars, no matter what the price point, because there are 31 flavors of ice cream & g-d knows I ain't chocolate or vanilla! :oops:

Pure conjecture but my guess is that the max-range Gravity will cost >$125K, yup.

Guilty as charged. Figure of speech but well, if I need to recant in the name of poorly nuanced language, consider it done.

If only you knew how hard we work to keep the forum from turning into inane drivel from either fanboys or naysayers, you’d understand why that’s annoying to constantly hear.
If a car is MORE expensive than the AIR and has a function, then there is a supposition that its that greater expense which MAY be preventing Lucid from adding it where as the opposite in price is opposite in supposition so I don't think its "irrelevant". Maybe "irreverent" but not "irrelevant" IMHO

I do know how hard you guys work. I've organized plenty of things over my decades & got the bags under my eyes to prove it. I've heard plenty of people complain without wanting to pick-up a "shovel!" There have been many positions where I had to remain objective even in the face of slings and arrows BUT I always invited more slings and arrows so that I could be inclusive, steer those who shoot in a different way and ultimately maybe learn things as well. So suit up and let the good times roll! 😇

The correct answer. I have never seen a glovebox shaped like a box, lol.

I long for the day that gloveboxes are eliminated in favor of more knee room. There would be so much more space efficiency and with EVS having so much space for the center console(look at gravity), it just seems redundant to me.
I don’t think that it’s redundant to have a glove compartment. The bare minimum for a 3-row SUV is storage storage storage! And with Lucid’s packaging prowess, they delivered (including the glove compartment). Actually, considering the current vehicle design evolution, lack of a glove compartment, would denote terrible packaging. And as long as the Rivian R1S still offers a glove compartment, Gravity should do the same. I’d bet that most 3-row EV SUV purchases will narrow down to between R1S and Gravity.

Last edited:
Back