- Joined
- Apr 27, 2025
- Messages
- 2,853
- Reaction score
- 4,798
- Cars
- Yes
My crossbars arrived today but now I am scared to try to put them on as I don’t intend to keep them on. The ones on our R1S are easy to get on and off…You need to read up on those crossbars on the Reddit thread. Evidently, there was a problem with how the Air crossbars attached to the roof. As I understand it, the bolts on the crossbar brackets attach to a nut in a blind hole in the roof of the car. That nut wants to turn when you unscrew the bolt to remove the crossbar. If that nut starts turning there is no way to grab hold of it because it’s under the roof of the car. I don’t know if the Gravity design is improved, but the people who mounted them on the Air couldn’t get them off, so the crossbars became permanent. Let us know if the Gravity design has the same issue. I like the look of the crossbars, but I would want the option to remove them to improve the range for a long trip.
Will try to morning and report back. Actually, going to switch over to the accessories thread for it.